GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Rear Subframe "Extended Warranty" Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2023, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS350
Sub Frame corroded

Good morning! Thank you so much for posting this! I bought a 2013 CLS 350 in April this year. It has full MB service history etc and I have bought the service plan. It went in for an MOT yesterday (58,250 miles) and the report outlines corrosion of the front brake pipes on both sides, as well as the rear sub-frame being corroded although 'not seriously weakened'. These two issues seem not to have been picked up in the last MOT in January 2023 which was also done at a MB dealership. I am assuming / hoping, that based on the thread and the info above, that I have the right to expect for MB to repair the sub frame issue? I am unsure about the brake pipe corrosion as that may be classed as wear and tear, but would appreciate your guidance please. It is having four new tyres next week and I will ask this garage to check the brake pipe corrosion as well as the sub frame. They have also outlined as a minor defect, 'anti-roll bar joint dust cover severely deteriorated' which I notice has been discussed in another thread. I will probably ask another garage to replace these. Your advice is very much appreciated here. I am UK based. TIA

Last edited by Scolly; 12-30-2023 at 05:29 AM.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:19 AM

Received 171 Likes on 131 Posts
2011 GLK 350 4Matic
Look up the actual verbiage in the MB notice on the subframe. IIRC, it requires the rust to have perforated the subframe before it can be replaced under warranty. Sorry I don't recall the details specifically, but I live in Arizona, and would expect my subframe to rust through sometime after the sun burns out. ;-)
The following 2 users liked this post by habbyguy:
100Pyatt (02-12-2024), Scolly (12-30-2023)