GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Side Marker Bulb

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2023, 01:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GLK 350 4Matic
Side Marker Bulb

While attempting to replace my left bulb, i figured I'd be proactive and replace both. While doing them, i noticed the ring inside the unit was loose. I think i managed to secure them back to what i think is the spot. Now i have warning for both bulbs out. Anyone have any advice or run into this problem that has a solution - the previous bulb that was not out no longer works either.

Thanks,
Old 05-29-2023, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 235 Likes on 217 Posts
2013 glk 350
Did you use an exact bulb replacement, maybe being halogen? Or did you try Led? I can only think you tried a Led bulb that is not MB Canbus compatible. Just a guess.
Old 05-30-2023, 02:08 PM

Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts
2011 GLK 350 4Matic
The headlights are really fiddly to swap those bulbs. I'd bought some LEDs (mainly to get a better hue to match the LED headlights) and ended up just living with the (yellowish) halogen bulbs. It SEEMS like it should be a reasonably easy (though totally blind) pull / swap / push operation, but it didn't work out that way for me.
Old 05-31-2023, 08:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GLK 350 4Matic
Originally Posted by Mmr1
Did you use an exact bulb replacement, maybe being halogen? Or did you try Led? I can only think you tried a Led bulb that is not MB Canbus compatible. Just a guess.
I believe I swapped them out with exact bulbs - I'm going to get another set, MAYBE they were defective, maybe...
https://www.autozone.com/electrical-...7ll/964971_0_0

Originally Posted by habbyguy
The headlights are really fiddly to swap those bulbs. I'd bought some LEDs (mainly to get a better hue to match the LED headlights) and ended up just living with the (yellowish) halogen bulbs. It SEEMS like it should be a reasonably easy (though totally blind) pull / swap / push operation, but it didn't work out that way for me.
Yeah, not my first problem with these headlights. I've almost lost that clip for the headlight, worst headlight design possible.