GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Front passenger window doesn't respond to driver door controls.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2023, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes Benz GLK350 2WD Base model.
Front passenger window doesn't respond to driver door controls.

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum, I need some help figuring out about an issue I'm having with my 2010 GLK350 Base Model with 35xxx miles. Front passenger door window only responds from passenger (same door) controls, and mirror (non folding mirrors) doesn't work neither so, no response at all from driver door controls for front passenger window and mirror. Everything else, locks and passenger window control works normal for both doors. Absolutely no codes stored for door control module nor can bus related codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-09-2023, 02:48 PM

Received 170 Likes on 130 Posts
2011 GLK 350 4Matic
First - 35,000 miles on a 13 year old GLK? Wow! ;-)

Second - did the mirror and window controls both go out at the same time? I don't have access to any schematics, but I suspect that there isn't any difference in the operation of the front passenger window buttons on the left or right front doors (assuming there's not a module between the left button and the right button, though that's just an assumption). That is to say that I'd suggest checking out the actual driver's door switch (a fairly common failure with any car, and I assume with a GLK as well). Often, after a door window switch fails, you can coax it back to (temporary) life by applying more pressure, or torquing it a bit one way or the other as you try to get a reaction. If that works (any movement at all) you know it's a switch.
Old 09-09-2023, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cuban
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum, I need some help figuring out about an issue I'm having with my 2010 GLK350 Base Model with 35xxx miles. Front passenger door window only responds from passenger (same door) controls, and mirror (non folding mirrors) doesn't work neither so, no response at all from driver door controls for front passenger window and mirror. Everything else, locks and passenger window control works normal for both doors. Absolutely no codes stored for door control module nor can bus related codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Hubbyguy, thanks for quick response, I don't think it's going to be the switch, firstly because of the low mileage on the car, and, in addition, because both, the mirror and the window, both stopped responding to driver door controls at the same time (the window only works when actuated from the front passenger door controls, its corresponding door, and mirror doesn't work from the mirror controls on driver door). Then, I was thinking it has something to do with can bus wires which take control data signal to passenger door. In the other hand, locks work perfectly from driver door so, I'm confused. Maybe a faulty door control module? I'd love to hear some opinions before start spending money lol! Btw, yes, it's a 2010 glk350 with 35k miles on it. It's been garage stored most of the time.
Old 09-12-2023, 01:45 PM

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
2014 GLK350 base model (active) ; 2001 E320 base (retired)
Curious - any update??
Old 09-12-2023, 01:56 PM

Waiting for parts ordered.

Hi there! Not yet, I'm waiting for the passenger door control module to arrive which I've ordered online. We'll see if that fixes it, if not, my next step will be trying a new main switch panel (driver door switches panel) I'll keep y'all posted. Thanks for asking!
Old 12-24-2023, 10:18 PM

Still can't find out what the problem is.

Well, it's been a while but I've been very busy with family since our new baby was born, etc and I had not have time until couple days ago to mess with the car. I've already replaced control module on driver door as well as passenger door. Also replaced driver door switches panel and none of the new parts have fixed the problem. Front passenger window keep working only when actuated from passenger door switch, and passenger mirror still doesn't respond. Everything else works as it should. Please, note that passenger window and mirror work when actuated from the diagnostic tool so, I'm assuming there's no issue with the can bus/data link. I'm so lost that I have no clue about what steps to take next, any help would be greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!
Old 12-24-2023, 11:41 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
2013 GLK 350 4 matic
It sounds like there could be a broken wire or a bad ground to the door.
Old 12-25-2023, 12:07 AM

That's what I supposed, a broken wire, but, they both work when actuated from passenger door and also from the diagnostic tool so, there's power and ground to that door. The problem is that I can't open nor close the passenger window from the driver door switch same with passenger side mirror.