2015 GLK, NTG4.7 nav update method?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 12:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
DashLynx.com
Exclamation Made In USA Carplay For Mercedes

If anyone's looking to integrate Apple CarPlay and Android Auto into their ride, we've got a solution made right here in the USA, complete with a lifetime warranty. That means if your unit decides to act up a decade down the road, we've got your back with a replacement—no fuss. Forget about hunting for another one; just reach out to us, and we'll sort you out.

What sets us apart is our commitment to using top-notch automotive-grade components, all crafted right here in the States. That's how we're able to offer a lifetime warranty, unlike those limited one- or two-year deals everyone else is peddling. Plus, you won't have to sweat over brokerage and customs fees just to bring it home. Customs and brokerage can easily tack on a cool hundred bucks or more.

The reliability of USPS deliveries form Overseas is notoriously poor; they often take an excessively long time and are prone to getting lost or damaged. We're right here in the USA, so you can have it shipped with UPS without any concerns about import fees.

And hey, we've got a hotline you can ring up if you need a hand—whether it's during the install or down the road. Our tech support team's on standby, ready to assist, all on Eastern Standard Time.

Last edited by DashLynx; 04-29-2024 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-28-2024, 04:04 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2013 GLK 350 4 matic
AHHH ! DashLynk advertised on several forums but were kicked out. Try to ask them a question.
Old 04-28-2024, 04:41 PM

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
2011 GLK 550
Originally Posted by DashLynx
If anyone's looking to integrate Apple CarPlay and Android Auto into their ride, we've got a solution made right here in the USA, complete with a lifetime warranty. That means if your unit decides to act up a decade down the road, we've got your back with a replacement—no fuss. Forget about hunting for another one; just reach out to us, and we'll sort you out.

What sets us apart is our commitment to using top-notch automotive-grade components, all crafted right here in the States. That's how we're able to offer a lifetime warranty, unlike those limited one- or two-year deals everyone else is peddling. Plus, you won't have to sweat over brokerage and customs fees just to bring it home. Customs and brokerage can easily tack on a cool hundred bucks or more.

The reliability of USPS deliveries form Overseas is notoriously poor; they often take an excessively long time and are prone to getting lost or damaged. We're right here in the USA, so you can have it shipped with UPS without any concerns about import fees.

And hey, we've got a hotline you can ring up if you need a hand—whether it's during the install or down the road. Our tech support team's on standby, ready to assist, all on Eastern Standard Time.
Your product is irrelevant to this forum.
The following users liked this post:
Bill F (04-29-2024)
Old 04-28-2024, 05:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

DashLynx.com
Originally Posted by Bill F
AHHH ! DashLynk advertised on several forums but were kicked out. Try to ask them a question.
We weren't kicked out from anywhere. This specific forum is owned by Internet Brand, who also owns several hundred other car forums. Previously, we advertised for about six months with a company called Autoguide, which owns car forums featuring different types of cars. They have about 500 different forums, but the engagement on those forums was very low. Our advertising contract with them just ran out; it wasn't a case of being kicked out. It was simply a six-month contract that came to an end.
Old 04-29-2024, 12:20 AM

2013 GLK 350 4 matic
The reason there was no engagement was because you never replied to anyone asking a question. I am an administrator on 2 of the forums and there was constant complaints both on the local forums as well as the administrators forum.

Not sure why you even post in a tread that has nothing to do with your product.
Old 04-29-2024, 12:32 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

DashLynx.com
The reason there was no engagement was because you never replied to anyone asking a question. I am an administrator on 2 of the forums and there was constant complaints both on the local forums as well as the administrators forum.

Not sure why you even post in a tread that has nothing to do with your product.
It sounds like there's some context missing. We weren't responding to questions because we were no longer vendors on those forums. However, in certain forums owned by Autoguide, the vendor threads weren't deleted, and our vendor status remained active long after our contract finished. As you can see, we're always here and responding because it's our job.

PS.
Posting on forums isn't free, and we had certain agreements in place for a period of time. After that time elapsed, we decided not to renew the agreements.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:52 AM

13 GLK 250, 93 190e, previous 13 Gl450, 95 E350 wagon, 06 E350 wagon, 00 S430, 06 E350, 08 ml320
It sounds like there's some context missing. We weren't responding to questions because we were no longer vendors on those forums. However, in certain forums owned by Autoguide, the vendor threads weren't deleted, and our vendor status remained active long after our contract finished. As you can see, we're always here and responding because it's our job.

PS.
Posting on forums isn't free, and we had certain agreements in place for a period of time. After that time elapsed, we decided not to renew the agreements.
Looking over your website I see nothing about the product. Just advertising. I have used other wireless Apple CarPlay devices before and those websites explain what you to do make it work, how it installs, etc (and they are usually around $100 unless there are some extra features like mirroring, etc.). Is there anything like that online for your product?

Bill F (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 11:46 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

DashLynx.com
Originally Posted by Perpendicular
Looking over your website I see nothing about the product. Just advertising. I have used other wireless Apple CarPlay devices before and those websites explain what you to do make it work, how it installs, etc (and they are usually around $100 unless there are some extra features like mirroring, etc.). Is there anything like that online for your product?
We've got a detailed five-minute video showcasing what our product looks like and what it does, especially for vehicles with factory Apple CarPlay. If you're referring to those devices typically sold for a hundred dollars on Amazon or similar places, our product is miles ahead in terms of features. The website outlines all the product features, and there's a video demonstrating them as well. Plus, it comes with a five-year warranty and is made in the USA, not in China. What sets our product apart is its fully functional HDMI input, eliminating the need for you to purchase a separate SIM card. It's truly a unique offering.
Old 04-29-2024, 12:00 PM

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
2011 GLK 550
We've got a detailed five-minute video showcasing what our product looks like and what it does, especially for vehicles with factory Apple CarPlay. If you're referring to those devices typically sold for a hundred dollars on Amazon or similar places, our product is miles ahead in terms of features. The website outlines all the product features, and there's a video demonstrating them as well. Plus, it comes with a five-year warranty and is made in the USA, not in China. What sets our product apart is its fully functional HDMI input, eliminating the need for you to purchase a separate SIM card. It's truly a unique offering.
Your video says it requires factory apple carplay or android auto. The GLK doesn't have carplay or android auto.
Old 04-29-2024, 12:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

DashLynx.com
Exclamation

Originally Posted by angryartichoke
Your video says it requires factory apple carplay or android auto. The GLK doesn't have carplay or android auto.
Yes that is correct this product is for cars that have Apple CarPlay, I will be posting another thread within the GLK sub form for vehicle specific device
Old 04-29-2024, 12:48 PM

Received 77 Likes on 67 Posts
yes
"we've got a solution made right here in the USA, complete with a lifetime warranty. That means if your unit decides to act up a decade down the road, we've got your back with a replacement—no fuss"

"What sets us apart is our commitment to using top-notch automotive-grade components, all crafted right here in the States. That's how we're able to offer a lifetime warranty, unlike those limited one- or two-year deals everyone else is peddling."

"... of features. The website outlines all the product features, and there's a video demonstrating them as well. Plus, it comes with a five-year warranty..."

Is the warranty for a lifetime, for a decade or for five years? Or does the demonstration video have a five year warranty?

Where are you from in the UK?

Old 04-29-2024, 12:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

DashLynx.com
Originally Posted by MBKLUE
"we've got a solution made right here in the USA, complete with a lifetime warranty. That means if your unit decides to act up a decade down the road, we've got your back with a replacement—no fuss"

"What sets us apart is our commitment to using top-notch automotive-grade components, all crafted right here in the States. That's how we're able to offer a lifetime warranty, unlike those limited one- or two-year deals everyone else is peddling."

"... of features. The website outlines all the product features, and there's a video demonstrating them as well. Plus, it comes with a five-year warranty..."

Is the warranty for a lifetime, for a decade or for five years? Or does the demonstration video have a five year warranty?

Where are you from in the UK?
We're based in the USA, and our products are shipped from here as well. We offer two different products:

1. The first one is installed in the car and connects with the USB port. This product is designed to be moved from car to car, and it comes with a five-year warranty.

2. The second product is designed for cars like the Mercedes GLK without factory Carplay. It's hidden away in the back of the radio, and it comes with a lifetime warranty to ensure long-term reliability.
Old 04-29-2024, 01:02 PM

yes
We're based in the USA, and our products are shipped from here as well. We offer two different products:

1. The first one is installed in the car and connects with the USB port. This product is designed to be moved from car to car, and it comes with a five-year warranty.

2. The second product is designed for cars like the Mercedes GLK without factory Carplay. It's hidden away in the back of the radio, and it comes with a lifetime warranty to ensure long-term reliability.

"...and it comes with a lifetime warranty to ensure long-term reliability."

How does a lifetime warranty ensure long-term reliability? This is an interesting concept. Do tell.

Where are YOU from in the UK?

Bill F (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 02:54 PM

yes
"As you can see, we're always here and responding because it's our job."

Are you there?

How does a lifetime warranty ensure long-term reliability? This is an interesting concept. Do tell.

Old 04-29-2024, 05:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

DashLynx.com
Exclamation

In our case, offering a lifetime warranty means we've taken thorough measures to ensure the unit surpasses industry standards for reliability. Each component undergoes rigorous testing and quality control procedures to ensure it can endure long-term use without compromising performance.

By providing a lifetime warranty, we're showing our dedication to customer satisfaction and our confidence in the unit's longevity. It's not just a promise; it's a commitment to upholding the highest standards of quality and reliability throughout the product's lifetime.

In essence, our lifetime warranty guarantees long-term reliability because we've invested the time, effort, and resources necessary to ensure the unit delivers consistent and dependable performance for years to come.
Old 04-29-2024, 07:52 PM

2013 GLK 350 4 matic
Back to the threads purpose. When I installed the map updates (19.1 Gb ) it also updated the Grace notes as well. Not really that important as my music have been tagged by me. But I do wonder how much the actual map size is? There was no option to install only the map.
Old 04-30-2024, 11:13 AM

yes
Back to the threads purpose. When I installed the map updates (19.1 Gb ) it also updated the Grace notes as well. Not really that important as my music have been tagged by me. But I do wonder how much the actual map size is? There was no option to install only the map.
Did you download to your computer first and then to a thumb drive or to an SD card, as you mentioned? Are these the actual map updates that M-B sells? What size thumb drive or SD card did you use?
Old 05-01-2024, 10:22 AM

2013 GLK 350 4 matic
They give you a download link and a pin code for the car. I downloaded the file and then had to unzip it to my computer. The unzip program created a folder with the files inside but then you copy only the files in the folder to a usb drive (do not transfer the folder created by the zip program). I had an empty 64 GB USB formatted ex fat , but a 32 GB would be enough. You have to use a thumb drive not a SD card.

Started the car , put the thumb drive into the usb slot and within 2 seconds a screen appeared asking me if I wanted to proceed.

It appears to be the same updates that MB uses. Hard to tell because they don't sell you a physical USB or disc.

Oh if you want the company will mail you a preloaded USB for an extra $20 . I would have gone that way except living in Canada I could see problems with extra charges or possible duties,
Old 05-01-2024, 12:33 PM

yes
They give you a download link and a pin code for the car. I downloaded the file and then had to unzip it to my computer. The unzip program created a folder with the files inside but then you copy only the files in the folder to a usb drive (do not transfer the folder created by the zip program). I had an empty 64 GB USB formatted ex fat , but a 32 GB would be enough. You have to use a thumb drive not a SD card.

Started the car , put the thumb drive into the usb slot and within 2 seconds a screen appeared asking me if I wanted to proceed.

It appears to be the same updates that MB uses. Hard to tell because they don't sell you a physical USB or disc.

Oh if you want the company will mail you a preloaded USB for an extra $20 . I would have gone that way except living in Canada I could see problems with extra charges or possible duties,

Thanks for the feedback and details. It sounds pretty straightforward. The Gracenote database update will be a nice update for me also. I have the original 2013 v8.0 map for my region and the latest is v19.0 on their website. It's about time I join the current world :-)
Old 05-01-2024, 12:48 PM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
14 GLK 250
Originally Posted by Madrona
Update: We spent about 3 hours today trying to install the Road Top unit and determined that it cannot be installed in our GLK because in the video we watched, in the place where the guy hides the harness behind the A/C panel, there is something else installed there. I am pretty sure it's the NAV unit but I can't be sure. Back to Amazon it goes, and back to square one for us. :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIaELlfrBsc
Thats great info. I guess removing the bottom HVAC first to see if that area is clear before ordering is a good idea. How much did you pay? I see its 199US right now.
Old 05-01-2024, 02:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

DashLynx.com
Originally Posted by C300fan2
Thats great info. I guess removing the bottom HVAC first to see if that area is clear before ordering is a good idea. How much did you pay? I see its 199US right now.

You can just order the product made for the car.

Old 05-01-2024, 05:37 PM

2013 GLK 350 4 matic
Thanks for the feedback and details. It sounds pretty straightforward. The Gracenote database update will be a nice update for me also. I have the original 2013 v8.0 map for my region and the latest is v19.0 on their website. It's about time I join the current world :-)
The Map update I have now is Version 20.0 my 2013 GLK also had the Version 8.0
Today I gave the new maps a try out on a 30 KM trip I do to compare it to the old maps. Wow what a difference, more detail at intersections, at even minor turns a close up pops up, very happy. Before if I was at home the screen would just display "off map" until I got to the main road, today in my garage it showed a picture of an arrow showing I had to make a u turn (facing wrong) and then gave me turn by turn on how to get out of my Strata complex. There seems to be more audio information as well before turns. All my old information is still there including my history and all my personal POIs. It has given my car a new life LOL.

Looking forward to using it on a long trip in June. The GPS is so much better than a cell phone unless you never leave a major city. For long areas I will have no cell phone coverage and as part of the trip will be in the USA I don't have to pay for out of country cellphone charges.
Old 05-01-2024, 05:38 PM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
14 GLK 250
You can just order the product made for the car.
Your unit is double the cost. It also Integrates Apple Carplay with the Stock GLK headunit. How does your product differentiate from this one:
Please give me specifics so I can decide!

https://roadtop.com/en-ca/products/w...-mercedes-benz
It is selling for 199 US right now.
Old 05-02-2024, 01:36 AM

yes
The Map update I have now is Version 20.0 my 2013 GLK also had the Version 8.0
Today I gave the new maps a try out on a 30 KM trip I do to compare it to the old maps. Wow what a difference, more detail at intersections, at even minor turns a close up pops up, very happy. Before if I was at home the screen would just display "off map" until I got to the main road, today in my garage it showed a picture of an arrow showing I had to make a u turn (facing wrong) and then gave me turn by turn on how to get out of my Strata complex. There seems to be more audio information as well before turns. All my old information is still there including my history and all my personal POIs. It has given my car a new life LOL.

Looking forward to using it on a long trip in June. The GPS is so much better than a cell phone unless you never leave a major city. For long areas I will have no cell phone coverage and as part of the trip will be in the USA I don't have to pay for out of country cellphone charges.

Sounds like it will be a very useful update for me with some nice improvements.

I didn't realize there are mobile phone Roaming charges between the U.S. and Canada since you share the same North American dialing plan and the same telephone Country Code of "1."
Old 05-02-2024, 11:48 AM

2013 GLK 350 4 matic
If I travel south my provider has a "roam like home" plan that would cost $12.00 per day extra. Live near the border and many people get caught with extra charges because even tho they are in Canada the phone may connect to a USA cell phone tower. As the crow flies I am about 8 miles from the USA Border.

For the price of a tank of fuel I think it well worth the investment. Of course our fuel prices are the highest in North America so it may cost you more than a tank full LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2015 GLK, NTG4.7 nav update method?