GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

P2002 Error Code on GLK250?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2024, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK250
P2002 Error Code on GLK250?

Folks who have had this code.... what was your outcome? CEL came on about a week ago and cleared it. Came back on after about 350 miles and taking it to the shop tomorrow. I am not sure if I should expect to be replacing the DPF or if it just needs a good cleaning.

In those 350 miles, I used archoil treatment and drove several trips on sport mode. I have already replaced just about everything on this car except the DPF and engine itself 😵‍💫. Currently at 155k miles and have not been able to located a reputable shop to perform a delete. Advice? Experience? Anything?

Last edited by buckybenz; 09-23-2024 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-23-2024, 12:47 PM

Received 95 Likes on 83 Posts
yes
Fisherman?
Old 09-23-2024, 12:49 PM

GLK250
Originally Posted by MBKLUE
Fisherman?
Nope!
Old Today, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 273 Likes on 231 Posts
GLK 250
Has your Bluetec had the AEM work performed? Check your VIN here: https://bluetecupdate.mbusa.com/home
Old Today, 11:49 AM

GLK250
Originally Posted by andreigbs
Has your Bluetec had the AEM work performed? Check your VIN here: https://bluetecupdate.mbusa.com/home
Yes, had the NOX sensor and all of the EGT sensors under the dieselgate warranty. Unfortunately, I'm about 10k miles outside of that warranty so DPF replacement cannot be covered under it any longer.

I took it to my shop this past week and had them initiate a forced regen which cleared it, but came back on the very next day. Their next step is to replace it as they don't do DPF cleanings. I would likely need to ship it off somewhere and reinstall.... this car has been a NIGHTMARE!
Old Today, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 273 Likes on 231 Posts
GLK 250
It should have also gotten a new DPF, along with those other things. I know mine did, and it says so under the hood where the dealer placed the AEM sticker.

You might just need a new DPF sensor somewhere in the system, and not a new DPF. You might need to find a better Euro diesel shop to diagnose exactly which sensor is acting up.

If the above doesn't work, then it might be time to do one of 2 things: (1) find a reputable tuner and turn most of the exhaust treatment "off", then remove the DPF, or (2) reset the error and drive it straight to a dealership and trade it in.

If you live in an area that doesn't require emissions testing for tag renewal or registration, you can live without the DPF. Finding a good tuner will be more difficult these days, as the EPA seems to be cracking down on them. Ironically pointless, since passenger diesels account for probably 0.0001% of all vehicles on the road, and as such are not responsible for tailpipe emissions like we've been warned about.