GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK350 side mirror turn signal not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2024 | 11:23 PM

GLK350
GLK350 side mirror turn signal not working

Hi All,

The driver side mirror turn signal on the 2010 GLK350 has not worked since the car was purchased in 2019. Should have changed before now.

Appears that some Mercedes vehicles will detect this type of failure and put a message on the display. The car has never displayed a fault.

Does anyone know if I am likely to be successful getting it to work by replacing the LED module with an aftermarket replacement from Amazon? Any ideas why the GLK has never reported an issue with it on the display? Has anyone had experience with failure of the LED module or related wiring?

Thanks for any ideas.

Old 10-09-2024 | 10:22 AM

GLK350
Thanks for the detailed response.

I assume the car still has the original LED module installed.

I have not yet disassembled, was thinking maybe better to have replacement part in hand to reduce disassembly.

Thanks for the youcanic suggestion. I have been trying to figure out the best scanner for MB, and that looks like a better option than sketchy expensive MB Star kit from eBay. Still expensive, but at least you know what you have and have tech support. I do not need to code electronics but advanced diagnostics and function execution would be wanted.

I may try the $40 aftermarket module and then save for the youcanic for all future issues.

Thanks again.
Old 10-09-2024 | 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 glk 350
I would remove the mirror or access the wiring and put a meter on it while using the turn signal to see if you have power. Or since Canbus is mystery hook up a working 12v led to see it lights . You don’t want to buy a new blinker led and find it doesn’t fix the issue .
Old 10-09-2024 | 09:27 PM

GLK350
Good suggestions. Thank you.