Old 04-03-2016, 02:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
MBs
Pricing as of several days ago..
Attached Thumbnails GLS Pricing is out!-gls63.jpg  
Old 04-03-2016, 08:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLS 580
I have ordered GLS350D4 in one of the dealers in Boston Area.The total of the MSRP came to $83.075
These are the packages I ordered for..

Paint 1 : Iridum Metallic
Uph: Saddle Brown/Black Leather
Standard Accerssories
Optional Accessories
319 Lighting Package
P01 Premium Package
581 3-Zone Automatic Climate Control
997 Driver Assistance Package
401 Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
443 Heated Steering Wheel
51U Black Headliner
731 Burl Walnut Wood Trim
843 Power Easy Entry
846 Illuminated Running Boards
864 Rear Entertainment System
R39 19" Sport Wheels

Total came to 83,075

He promised to give discount on the MSRP to my satisfaction.
Old 04-03-2016, 11:28 PM

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts
20 G63, 19 720s
Originally Posted by vkk0210
Guys,
I want opinion on 450 Vs 550 lease. I like the V8 on my '13 450. The new V6 is quick but not as refined as a V8. I can feel the vibrations and turbo's. My 450 build is $92,500, pretty close to 550 but my dealer says that the monthly payments will have a huge difference (500-600) bcos of MF and residual value. Please advise.. Thanks!
damn your build is close to a 550. For non-orders the 450 comes from facotry semi well optioned to barebones. That is a hella loaded 450 where most at the point would just go 550.

The last numbers i got for the GL550, not the GLS would be 5% lower residual at 36/15k over the 450. Usually the 550s are standard MF whereas the 450s do get subvented rates. Though being a new "model" not sure if there will be any subsidized rates on the 450s.

If the rates are the same for both then your payment increase will mostly come from the different between a 450 and a 550 which is still about 8-10k with your options.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:06 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
MB
My set up... GLS350 will cost close to a GLS550 but I want a diesel one for a while my 4th GL !
Attached Thumbnails GLS Pricing is out!-fullsizerender-9-.jpg  
Old 04-04-2016, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts
CLK320
Originally Posted by wally AMG
My set up... GLS350 will cost close to a GLS550 but I want a diesel one for a while my 4th GL !

If you don't mind me asking why you choose 350 over 550 ?
I also order a 350 but full option out close to 550. Still thinking should I just get 550.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:37 AM

MB
Originally Posted by tery
If you don't mind me asking why you choose 350 over 550 ?
I also order a 350 but full option out close to 550. Still thinking should I just get 550.
Well maybe because I want to taste something different, my first GL was a GL450, then a GL550 (2013) and a (2015 GL550) I love the power on a GL550 but I feel that I can not justify the power for a family SUV, a GL550 is the big engine, the AMG package witch is nice but I don't think that I will miss it. The GLS350 will be more loaded than my GL550, with the time, I learn my GL is my truly family hauler not my show/fancy/nice vehicle, I enjoy almost every option, for long trips leather seats, multi contour with ventilation, ventilated seats are nice when you drive form Vegas to CA at 117 degrees in summer time!, rear entertainment for the kids and rear sunshades for the sunny days so your young son/daughter will not complaint and you have to stop and put a towel on your rear window (witch look tacky), 3 zone a/c for summer time, highly need it in Central California, no questions, trailer hitch mandatory to haul some toys like boat and trailer, a Pano roof to enjoy trip to the sequoia National park or Grand Canyon specially when mom or your mother and law is on the back seat all stress out with the grandsons, Rear side airbags for extra protection for my passengers and family (it is a video of this option, you will not order yours w/o this option after see the video) lighting package, after have one vehicle with this option you can not look back, soft-close doors to make sure all your kids are locked and secure w/o you saying "your door is open" Harman Kardon surround sys when you want to put volume all the way up when you driving alone and want to sing a song like "forever young" (Alphaville) or maybe Thriller (Michael Jackson) True colors (Cyndy Lauper) Yeah 80's, or anything your daughter teach you about Taylor Swift that you always sing in your mind but you are alone and...who knows. Appearance package because you know this package include illuminated running boards witch I use to and in the long run is cheaper as and option that add it later, same price and you get nicer wheels and tires, I don't want to see my self asking the dealer for a set of running boards... yes... $1200 + $600 installation OMG!! so better pay only $1,200 for factory set up. Driver Assit package, no question, mandatory for me, after own a few GL with this option, and S class I can't hold a car w/o it, It is the only bad thing in my GT S, use only a cruise control make feel on the 80's !! is one of the best options MB ever made, Lockable rear compartment when you decide to go to the range and put a couple guns more secure out of other hands, a parking assit pilot so you wife can not ever complaint that the GL is to big and she can not park, so no excuses to ask for a different car ! Air balance package for those days you want to be in balance with the life lol smell fresh w/o hang a pine three or a strawberry in your back mirror. Wrapped lower dashboard and wood/leather steering wheel to remember you that you are driving a very classy Premium and expensive SUV specially when you see the stitching on your dashboard, come'on ... this option is nice and cost the same as a dinner for two in a fancy restaurant so just skip (dinner) and option will be paid ! magic Vision control.... oh well, this option is the one you will show to your friends before all new 2017 Kias and Toyotas came out and will have it on every single car for free, like the line assist pkg this option cost the same as one pair of jeans true religion premium package, well, everyone get the premium package! the Active Curve System is a good option for driving, handling and are secure to your love one's, priceless! GL is what it is, need to be focus on family, comfort and everything you need to relax on family trips. uh who... any other question? please not, my fingers are swollen

Last edited by wally AMG; 04-04-2016 at 02:39 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by wally AMG:
sraza (04-04-2016), tery (04-04-2016)
Old 04-04-2016, 02:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 Porsche GT3, 2017 Mercedes GLS550 White/saddle, 2017 Ford Raptor
Wow, thanks for that wally! Great reasons for the 350. I, also, have a 350 optioned close to a 550. Definitely agree with you about the primary purpose as a family vehicle... that's what everyone, especially those without kids sees a gls as, lets not kid ourselves.

My reasons for the diesel basically revolve around not having to get gas every 2.5 days for the wife. She'll be the primary driver during the week shuttling kids, and the miles pile up quick. Definitely considered the 550 but just don't want to deal fill ups quite as much, hopefully.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:18 AM

MB
+ I only heard good things about the diesel one, the torque is excellent for hauling (trailers, boats, etc.) If you don't have one now at least you will have as a future option, they are decent fast, a GLS550 will cost me around $117 with every single option, it is like $20K more, no thank you! I know exactly how it feel have a new GL550 twice! maybe I just get older... now I can think better for my own personal needs, at some point trunk letters and higher numbers GL350 GL450 GL550 GL63 mean position for a lot of people ( a nice sales man toll me that), I don't need that, funny or not that statement make me think a lot and decide what I really want. (car purchase can be a mental matter) With the GLS350 you can not go wrong, who cares if you drive a GLS350 when you pay basically the same price as the basic GL550 but with every single option? You will be happy, I hope I will be happy too... for the GLS550 future owners don't get me wrong... it is a beautiful SUV I just want to try something different. I am sure I will miss the power the first month but I am working on that !! or a least I will try...
Old 04-04-2016, 03:27 AM

MB
Originally Posted by silvertige
My reasons for the diesel basically revolve around not having to get gas every 2.5 days for the wife. She'll be the primary driver during the week shuttling kids, and the miles pile up quick. Definitely considered the 550 but just don't want to deal fill ups quite as much, hopefully.
Excellent point, I know what you mean and have this experience for a while, is not about the cost to fill up, is about to stop at the gas station twice a week when the GL550 make 12-14MPG city I hope to reduce my trips to fill up, thank you for remind me that !
Old 04-04-2016, 10:33 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 Porsche Panamera 4, 2017 Mercedes GLS550, 2015 Porsche 911 4S
Originally Posted by johndong888
damn your build is close to a 550. For non-orders the 450 comes from facotry semi well optioned to barebones. That is a hella loaded 450 where most at the point would just go 550.

The last numbers i got for the GL550, not the GLS would be 5% lower residual at 36/15k over the 450. Usually the 550s are standard MF whereas the 450s do get subvented rates. Though being a new "model" not sure if there will be any subsidized rates on the 450s.

If the rates are the same for both then your payment increase will mostly come from the different between a 450 and a 550 which is still about 8-10k with your options.
Yep, its close to 550 pricing and I don't even have 3 zone climate control or the Designo package or the B&O system
See the build if you haven't seen in my earlier post. After having 2013 model for 3 years, few extra's I strongly considered were Active Curve System, Multi-contour seats (for long drives), Driver Assistance Package. "Magic Vision Control heated" option will be a nice feature in the winter.

Now I learned from multiple sources including Edmunds forums that MF for 550 is significantly more than 450. I would appreciate if anyone here has more concrete information. I'll think about 550 if there's just a difference of 5% residual value.
Attached Thumbnails GLS Pricing is out!-gls450-build.jpg  
Old 04-04-2016, 10:36 AM

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
--
Yep, its close to 550 pricing and I don't even have 3 zone climate control or the Designo package or the B&O system
See the build if you haven't seen in my earlier post. After having 2013 model for 3 years, few extra's I strongly considered were Active Curve System, Multi-contour seats (for long drives), Driver Assistance Package. "Magic Vision Control heated" option will be a nice feature in the winter.

Now I learned from multiple sources including Edmunds forums that MF for 550 is significantly more than 450. I would appreciate if anyone here has more concrete information. I'll think about 550 if there's just a difference of 5% residual value.
MBF rates are all conjecture until they post them for the GLS. Wait til then to make the call and/or consider financing through a bank. 2.5% pretty easily attained with excellent credit.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:38 AM

--
Originally Posted by sraza
got the pricing on both our GLSs on order.. both were confirmed but now for some odd reason, one has been delayed from April, to May and now to June... and the other one from May to June to now July..
not sure whats going on but quite frustrating.. and we know its not the dealer, we've dealt with these individuals for a decade.. they too unsure why the delay in arrival..
may have a lot to do with the launch time, which still has NOT happened

You still delayed or have they moved your targeted delivery dates forward now that a release is imminent?
Old 04-04-2016, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB GLS550/BMW 550/2017 Acura NSX
Well maybe because I want to taste something different, my first GL was a GL450, then a GL550 (2013) and a (2015 GL550) I love the power on a GL550 but I feel that I can not justify the power for a family SUV, a GL550 is the big engine, the AMG package witch is nice but I don't think that I will miss it. The GLS350 will be more loaded than my GL550, with the time, I learn my GL is my truly family hauler not my show/fancy/nice vehicle, I enjoy almost every option, for long trips leather seats, multi contour with ventilation, ventilated seats are nice when you drive form Vegas to CA at 117 degrees in summer time!, rear entertainment for the kids and rear sunshades for the sunny days so your young son/daughter will not complaint and you have to stop and put a towel on your rear window (witch look tacky), 3 zone a/c for summer time, highly need it in Central California, no questions, trailer hitch mandatory to haul some toys like boat and trailer, a Pano roof to enjoy trip to the sequoia National park or Grand Canyon specially when mom or your mother and law is on the back seat all stress out with the grandsons, Rear side airbags for extra protection for my passengers and family (it is a video of this option, you will not order yours w/o this option after see the video) lighting package, after have one vehicle with this option you can not look back, soft-close doors to make sure all your kids are locked and secure w/o you saying "your door is open" Harman Kardon surround sys when you want to put volume all the way up when you driving alone and want to sing a song like "forever young" (Alphaville) or maybe Thriller (Michael Jackson) True colors (Cyndy Lauper) Yeah 80's, or anything your daughter teach you about Taylor Swift that you always sing in your mind but you are alone and...who knows. Appearance package because you know this package include illuminated running boards witch I use to and in the long run is cheaper as and option that add it later, same price and you get nicer wheels and tires, I don't want to see my self asking the dealer for a set of running boards... yes... $1200 + $600 installation OMG!! so better pay only $1,200 for factory set up. Driver Assit package, no question, mandatory for me, after own a few GL with this option, and S class I can't hold a car w/o it, It is the only bad thing in my GT S, use only a cruise control make feel on the 80's !! is one of the best options MB ever made, Lockable rear compartment when you decide to go to the range and put a couple guns more secure out of other hands, a parking assit pilot so you wife can not ever complaint that the GL is to big and she can not park, so no excuses to ask for a different car ! Air balance package for those days you want to be in balance with the life lol smell fresh w/o hang a pine three or a strawberry in your back mirror. Wrapped lower dashboard and wood/leather steering wheel to remember you that you are driving a very classy Premium and expensive SUV specially when you see the stitching on your dashboard, come'on ... this option is nice and cost the same as a dinner for two in a fancy restaurant so just skip (dinner) and option will be paid ! magic Vision control.... oh well, this option is the one you will show to your friends before all new 2017 Kias and Toyotas came out and will have it on every single car for free, like the line assist pkg this option cost the same as one pair of jeans true religion premium package, well, everyone get the premium package! the Active Curve System is a good option for driving, handling and are secure to your love one's, priceless! GL is what it is, need to be focus on family, comfort and everything you need to relax on family trips. uh who... any other question? please not, my fingers are swollen

I almost passed out from reading that. Punctuation/spacing is your friend.

You guys switching over to the 350 diesel from the gasoline variants need to make sure you understand the term "turbo lag". Can be quite annoying while stop/start city driving. And at least one magazine review I read said that with the new 9 speed tranny it is worse than previous models. FYI.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 Porsche GT3, 2017 Mercedes GLS550 White/saddle, 2017 Ford Raptor
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
I almost passed out from reading that. Punctuation/spacing is your friend.

You guys switching over to the 350 diesel from the gasoline variants need to make sure you understand the term "turbo lag". Can be quite annoying while stop/start city driving. And at least one magazine review I read said that with the new 9 speed tranny it is worse than previous models. FYI.

Um, you mean worse "turbo lag" than on the 450,550 and 63?
Old 04-04-2016, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts
CLK320
+ I only heard good things about the diesel one, the torque is excellent for hauling (trailers, boats, etc.) If you don't have one now at least you will have as a future option, they are decent fast, a GLS550 will cost me around $117 with every single option, it is like $20K more, no thank you! I know exactly how it feel have a new GL550 twice! maybe I just get older... now I can think better for my own personal needs, at some point trunk letters and higher numbers GL350 GL450 GL550 GL63 mean position for a lot of people ( a nice sales man toll me that), I don't need that, funny or not that statement make me think a lot and decide what I really want. (car purchase can be a mental matter) With the GLS350 you can not go wrong, who cares if you drive a GLS350 when you pay basically the same price as the basic GL550 but with every single option? You will be happy, I hope I will be happy too... for the GLS550 future owners don't get me wrong... it is a beautiful SUV I just want to try something different. I am sure I will miss the power the first month but I am working on that !! or a least I will try...
How's the barking on the GL from your experience ? Need more upgrade ? For a such heavy SUV.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:48 PM

MBs
Originally Posted by eliontakis
You still delayed or have they moved your targeted delivery dates forward now that a release is imminent?
well -- spoke to one gentleman from corporate today.. pretty much a pointless conversation.. at the end of which I told him I'll be emailing Mr Dexler again at which point he didnt not seem very happy and the executive gloves came off and was like speaking one on one with a person and not a corporate person.. yea was a interesting dialogue after that.. asked him if it was 'impossible' to pull a priority 2 and send it this way.. didnt have an answer..

but my old loyal friend and MB manager here made 2 calls and now the build date is back to May 1decade with hopefully delivery end of May early June..
lets see.. im still prepared to walk away from this .. been ridiculous waste of time.. but hard to justify spending same amount of money on an alternative brand/product..

they didnt say anything about the launch even today but like I said . the corporate executive didnt seem like he knew much about whats going on..
he tried to explain to me what AMG means and how one man one engine.. i had to stop him and remind him kindly that I was well aware of that .. Loool...
Old 04-04-2016, 07:50 PM

MBs
and ++++1 on the fantastic GL review.. couldnt have done it better myself
Old 04-06-2016, 01:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLS 580
Smile

Originally Posted by sri_gondi
I have ordered GLS350D4 in one of the dealers in Boston Area.The total of the MSRP came to $83.075
These are the packages I ordered for..

Paint 1 : Iridum Metallic
Uph: Saddle Brown/Black Leather
Standard Accerssories
Optional Accessories
319 Lighting Package
P01 Premium Package
581 3-Zone Automatic Climate Control
997 Driver Assistance Package
401 Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
443 Heated Steering Wheel
51U Black Headliner
731 Burl Walnut Wood Trim
843 Power Easy Entry
846 Illuminated Running Boards
864 Rear Entertainment System
R39 19" Sport Wheels

Total came to 83,075

He promised to give discount on the MSRP to my satisfaction.
I asked the dealer to add Active curve system package(468). He said he will contact MB and let me know by friday. The dealer gave me a deal of 78k for this car. Good deal?

Last edited by sri_gondi; 04-06-2016 at 01:27 PM. Reason: missed a word
Old 04-06-2016, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 528 Xi, BMW M3, FORD F-150
Originally Posted by sri_gondi
I asked the dealer to add Active curve system package(468). He said he will contact MB and let me know by friday. The dealer gave me a deal of 78k for this car. Good deal?
That's a nice build. I was checking out the Benz USA site just now. It seems unfair for you guys not being able to add Sport Package to 350 or 450.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:05 PM

Finally, I decided to change my build to 550 but my build date got pushed to June.

GLS550W4 $93,850
197 Obsidian Black Metallic
211 Black Leather

***** OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES *****
H21 Black Piano Lacquer Trim $160
P21 Air Balance Package $280
068 Wheel Locking Bolts $150
297 Manual 2nd Row Sunshades $380
311 Heated/Cooled Front Cupholders $180
443 Heated Steering Wheel $250
468 ACTIVE CURVE SYSTEM $2,900
51U Black Headliner
521 521 Night Package: Black Louvre, Black E $300
89R : 21" AMG Twin 5-spoke bkack two tone
P55 : Night Package
550 Trailer Hitch $575
843 Power EASY-ENTRY $400
872 Heated Rear Seats $620
874 MAGIC VISION CONTROL $350
980 980 Accessory Chrome Package: Chrome Doo $225
133 : Hood Fin Covers
070 : Chrome Door Handle Inserts
997 997 Driver Assistance Package: Distance $1,375
513 : Speed Limit Assist
300 : CMS
271 : PRE-SAFE Plus
269 : BAS
268 : BAS PLUS w/Cross Traffic Assist
266 : DISTRONIC PLUS with Steering Assist
253 : CMS Rear
238 : Active Lane Keeping Assist
237 : Active Blind Spot Assist
233 : DISTRONIC PLUS 3.0 with Steering Assist
23P : Driver Assistance Package
SUBTOTAL $101,995
DESTINATION & DELIVERY $925
TOTAL $102,920
Old 04-06-2016, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 406 Likes on 284 Posts
23 EQS 580 SUV, 19 X7 (sold), 17/14 GLS550 (sold) 13 GL550 (sold)
Very nice, congrats. I went back and forth on the chrome door handle inserts and hood fin covers because I also ordered the Night Package which basically removes all chrome. But in the end my dealer talked me out of them because he reasoned they wouldn't match the look of the blacked out parts. Let me know how it looks when you get it.

About the only options I'm getting that you didn't order is the designo leather seating and the manual sunshades.

Last edited by JoeMa; 04-06-2016 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:18 PM

--
Originally Posted by JoeMa
Very nice, congrats. I went back and forth on the chrome door handle inserts and hood fin covers because I also ordered the Night Package which basically removes all chrome. But in the end my dealer talked me out of them because he reasoned they wouldn't match the look of the blacked out parts. Let me know how it looks when you get it.

About the only options I'm getting that you didn't order is the designo leather seating and the manual sunshades.
Looks like Continental Cross Contact rubber on the 21s, fyi. That's what was on the vehicle at the NYIAS. A vehicle that got zero coverage, by the way. E43 and GLC43 were bigger stories
Old 04-06-2016, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by JoeMa

Got the Manual sunshades (4th option in the list). I had the same question about chrome package but my sales guy didn't have any opinion The only reason to opt was to avoid nail scratches on the back of door handles. Any solution for that without chrome inserts?
Old 04-07-2016, 03:14 AM

MB
The only reason to opt was to avoid nail scratches on the back of door handles.
Look for a different solution for some time, usually I just order it. No better protection for nail marks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141513324081?item=141513324081&viewitem=&vxp=mtr
Old 04-07-2016, 03:24 PM

MB
GLS350 is waiting for certification in US, mine was schedule for second week of April but not anymore

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GLS Pricing is out!