Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz SUVs, Trucks, Vans, Diesels, Other > GLS Class (X166)
Anyone has Porcelain / Crystal Grey Leather upholstery? How can it live with jeans? >

Anyone has Porcelain / Crystal Grey Leather upholstery? How can it live with jeans?

Notices

Anyone has Porcelain / Crystal Grey Leather upholstery? How can it live with jeans?

 
Old 05-02-2016, 07:52 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
MB - E class
Anyone has Porcelain / Crystal Grey Leather upholstery? How can it live with jeans?

Just want to invite any owner to share their experience of keeping light color leather upholstery. The Porcelain / Crystal Grey leather is awesome but should I throw away all my jeans to own one?
DSGe is offline  
Old 05-03-2016, 07:22 PM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,647
Likes: 0
Liked 470 Times in 379 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Consider PermaPlate protection package if offered by your dealer, which specifically "warrantee's" on jean transfer - the Mercedes interior Protection Package does not specifically warranty against jean transfer.

If you are doubtful - then get black interior and not worry about it...
fabbrisd1 is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by fabbrisd1:
Chedman13 (05-04-2016), DSGe (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 10:02 PM
  #3  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
MB - E class
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 View Post
Consider PermaPlate protection package if offered by your dealer, which specifically "warrantee's" on jean transfer - the Mercedes interior Protection Package does not specifically warranty against jean transfer.

If you are doubtful - then get black interior and not worry about it...
a silly question, is that protection effective? or just a sales gimmick?
DSGe is offline  
Old 05-04-2016, 04:15 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
jbattan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Oregon USA
Posts: 358
Liked 47 Times in 32 Posts
2019 S63 Cab, 2014 GL550, 2015 Lexus GX460
For about 18 months, I had an S 63 with the deep white leather which is a very bright pure white leather and never had a problem with jean die transfer. But I never wore traditional jeans in the car, they were always $400 Zegna jeans.
jbattan is offline  
Old 05-04-2016, 08:01 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: California
Posts: 386
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mercedes C250 Coupe
.....the percentage of blue denim-clad MB owners is most likely rather low...................


ez
ezshift5 is offline  
Old 05-04-2016, 09:06 AM
  #6  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 529
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
--
Originally Posted by jbattan View Post
For about 18 months, I had an S 63 with the deep white leather which is a very bright pure white leather and never had a problem with jean die transfer. But I never wore traditional jeans in the car, they were always $400 Zegna jeans.
This would be a first ballot inductee into the Smug Post Hall of Fame if one were to exist
bonboon is offline  
Old 05-04-2016, 03:03 PM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,616
Liked 101 Times in 79 Posts
17 GLS 550
Originally Posted by eliontakis View Post
This would be a first ballot inductee into the Smug Post Hall of Fame if one were to exist
LOL
JoeMa is offline  
Old 05-04-2016, 05:59 PM
  #8  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
MB - E class
Originally Posted by jbattan View Post
For about 18 months, I had an S 63 with the deep white leather which is a very bright pure white leather and never had a problem with jean die transfer. But I never wore traditional jeans in the car, they were always $400 Zegna jeans.
LOL , now I understand why this thread isn't drawing any eyeballs but laugh ... I am saving to change my wardrobe
DSGe is offline  
Old 05-04-2016, 06:26 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,647
Likes: 0
Liked 470 Times in 379 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
The quick joke goes like this...

The question - How do you tell the difference between male and female chromosomes ?

The answer - You pull down their genes !
fabbrisd1 is offline  
Old 05-04-2016, 07:15 PM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,616
Liked 101 Times in 79 Posts
17 GLS 550
Originally Posted by DSGe View Post
LOL , now I understand why this thread isn't drawing any eyeballs but laugh ... I am saving to change my wardrobe
It's a fare question but I don't have any actual experience with the porcelain / crystal grey leather. I can say that some blue dye transferred onto the tan leather of our 2014 GL550. But I buy $30 jeans. I guess I need to start saving for change of my wardrobe as well. ;-)

As for the porcelain / crystal grey leather, I really like it and almost went with it before going with the espresso brown leather. My wife really loves the dark brown so I made the right choice.

Happy wife, happy life!
JoeMa is offline  
Old 05-04-2016, 07:33 PM
  #11  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
nycphotography's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,185
Liked 32 Times in 27 Posts
'15 T&C & '14 SL63
I find that if the dye is soluble enough to transfer in the first place, it's generally soluble enough to come right back off again.

I use "Turtle Wax Quick and Easy Luxe Leather Cleaner and Conditioner." $5 at Walmart or Target. And the indigo scrubs right off.

(to be fair though I've only driven maybe 3000 miles on the white seats, and mine aren't the white white white, they're the creamy white. 815 Porcelain / black / aluminum interior.)
nycphotography is offline  
Old 05-04-2016, 07:56 PM
  #12  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
MB - E class
Originally Posted by JoeMa View Post
It's a fare question but I don't have any actual experience with the porcelain / crystal grey leather. I can say that some blue dye transferred onto the tan leather of our 2014 GL550. But I buy $30 jeans. I guess I need to start saving for change of my wardrobe as well. ;-)

As for the porcelain / crystal grey leather, I really like it and almost went with it before going with the espresso brown leather. My wife really loves the dark brown so I made the right choice.

Happy wife, happy life!
thanks, I nearly went for the white leather as well as it looks so great but looking at the beige leather of our X5 .... it'd be a dare challenge at the expense of risking my marriage, some would argue why not , LOL
DSGe is offline  
Old 05-04-2016, 08:41 PM
  #13  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
nycphotography's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,185
Liked 32 Times in 27 Posts
'15 T&C & '14 SL63
If this was my daily driver, then no way in hell could I keep it clean.

But as a weekend car, I think it just give the extra incentive to treat the car as a gentleman should.
nycphotography is offline  
Old 05-04-2016, 09:04 PM
  #14  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
MB - E class
Originally Posted by nycphotography View Post
If this was my daily driver, then no way in hell could I keep it clean.

But as a weekend car, I think it just give the extra incentive to treat the car as a gentleman should.
very valid point
DSGe is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 01:00 PM
  #15  
Junior Member
 
Kwando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 54
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
GLE350d
I take my pants off when I'm driving about so no worries here.
Kwando is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 05:02 PM
  #16  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 529
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
--
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
I take my pants off when I'm driving about so no worries here.
That's what I'm talking about.

But maybe you go espresso brown just as a precaution against other stains
bonboon is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: Anyone has Porcelain / Crystal Grey Leather upholstery? How can it live with jeans?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: