GLS Class (X166) Produced from 2016 to 2019

Tracking and delivery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 06:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLS450, RX400h
Tracking and delivery

In case you are curious to track how far your car is along the build process, you can ask your dealer for a status code. E.g. he said it was B3 a few weeks ago (and that it was about 15-18 days to delivery).
A4 FINAL SUPPLIER ORDER/SCHEDULED NOT PRODUCED
B0 19 DAYS TO PRODUCTION
B1 13 DAYS TO PRODUCTION
B3 NO CHANGES POSSIBLE
B4 2 DAYS TO COMPLETION
B5 PRODUCTION COMPLETE
B7 AT PORT/READY TO BE SHIPPED
B8 ASSIGNED TO SHIP
C1 SHIP DEPARTED
C2 SHIP NOTIFICATION/ON WQTER
CS SUMITTED TO CUSTOMS
C3 CLEARED CUSTOMS
C4 AT PORT
D1 VPC RECEIVED
D2 SURVEYED AT VPC
D3 POTENTIAL DELAY
D4 READY TO DELIVER
D5 RELEASED TO CARRIER
D9 WHOLESALE/CONSIGNMENT PENDING
F1 WHOLESALED AND INVOICED
I1 RETAIL
(B4 is when you get your VIN)

The VPC on the east coast appears to be Baltimore and Atlanta - not sure about others.
Hope this helps.

Also, can anyone here please post a delivery checklist that can help us when we go to the to the dealer? From other posts we have decided we might request removal of the headrest to better suit our kids.
TIA
Old 02-27-2017, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Do you have a GLS on order - made in Alabama - so your "code list" does not apply...

Production goes to VPC/Alabama - VPC approved - then depending on geographic location - many are shipped by truck direct-to-dealer Release to Carrier - other areas get rail shipped to Regional VPC/ - then from RVPC truck shipped to dealer.

The tracking "hole" is once released to Carrier/last leg - no precise tracking on that leg - so you need rely on your dealer's past experience for delivery estimate last leg...
The following users liked this post:
knpnj (02-27-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 10:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLS450, RX400h
Thanks Fab!
The car just arrived at the dealer over the weekend

We had asked if there was any "Alabama pickup" option since the kids had Winter break, but dealer said they stopped that years ago. Best we could do is visit the museum and get a factory tour. Oh well, some day..

Any pointers on checklist/pickup details we should ensure, will be most welcome
e.g. I remember from past experience things like, valet key/emergency or master key/wheel lock key/med kit/manual/mats/full tank/jack/spare-tire pressure etc.
It's been a while since we did this..
Old 10-05-2021, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M3
Thank you so much for the information about the codes. I hope they still use them because my wife ordered a car and is also waiting for a notice from the dealer. In general, it seems to me that the system with the codes is very cool. I really like the modified delivery system because I remember with horror when I was a student. A parcel arriving on time was an absolute miracle. I lived pretty far away from home when I was a student, and my parents would often send me things, and the parcels would arrive either a month late or not at all. Now I use deliveries very often. I love tracking my parcels in applications. I use tracking newgistics, very cool stuff.

Last edited by ianwhitew; 03-10-2022 at 03:29 AM.