Backup collision intervention

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 11:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
GLS450, GLE450
Backup collision intervention

Hi,

We are looking to replace our Infiniti QX60 with a 2017 GLS450. I was wondering if the backup collision intervention type of option is available on the GLS. I think it may be called backup autonomous braking or something like that.

I don't know which option I'll need to add to get such a feature.

Thank you.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:25 PM

GLS450, GLE450
Anyone?
Old 09-08-2017, 08:24 AM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
C43, GLS450
Originally Posted by sunnyvali
Hi,

We are looking to replace our Infiniti QX60 with a 2017 GLS450. I was wondering if the backup collision intervention type of option is available on the GLS. I think it may be called backup autonomous braking or something like that.

I don't know which option I'll need to add to get such a feature.

Thank you.
They're called different things in different countries.

Canada: Intelligent Drive Package
US: Driver Assistance Package
Old 09-08-2017, 09:22 AM

GLS450, GLE450
Originally Posted by jerhu
They're called different things in different countries.

Canada: Intelligent Drive Package
US: Driver Assistance Package
Thank you. Driver Assistance package it is. Seems like not that many dealers have GLS with this option on their lots.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:01 PM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
C43, GLS450
Originally Posted by sunnyvali
Thank you. Driver Assistance package it is. Seems like not that many dealers have GLS with this option on their lots.
I don't know how the US market is, but dealers here in the GTA (Canada, Toronto) don't have any GLS on the lots with people having to wait a year to even try and get one. Good Luck.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Well..

When backing up - Parking Asssitance will give you close-distance alert then close distance alarm -- but no - it will not brake or stop the car.

Driver's Assistance has Rear Collision Mitigation - which is rear facing radar which detect impending collisions coming from the rear - and if someone is coming up and going to hit you - that system will trigger mitigation.

Example - stopped at stoplight - car behind you comes up at 30mph - will tighten seatbelts and lock brakes so on collision injury potential reduced and locked-brakes will prevent/minimalize being pushed forward into vehcile ahead of you/into-traffic.

Keep the beat !
Old 09-10-2017, 11:33 AM

GLS450, GLE450
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
When backing up - Parking Asssitance will give you close-distance alert then close distance alarm -- but no - it will not brake or stop the car.

Driver's Assistance has Rear Collision Mitigation - which is rear facing radar which detect impending collisions coming from the rear - and if someone is coming up and going to hit you - that system will trigger mitigation.

Example - stopped at stoplight - car behind you comes up at 30mph - will tighten seatbelts and lock brakes so on collision injury potential reduced and locked-brakes will prevent/minimalize being pushed forward into vehcile ahead of you/into-traffic.

Keep the beat !
Thank you. It seems like Driver Assistance Package will have the option to automatically brake when pulling out of a parking space if some where to walk behind the car. Hopefully, I can try this out as the dealer near me has one GLS with that package.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,100 Likes on 806 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
No... I did not say a 2018 GLS will do that..

No - I did not say Driver's Assistance would do that.

A 2018 S-Class will - but talk to your dealer about the GLS system -
I don't believe in reverse the GLS which is not quite where the 2018 is on rear/backup stuff like the S-Class..