GLS Class (X166) Produced from 2016 to 2019

No Android Auto with Samsung S8+

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 02:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 GL350
No Android Auto with Samsung S8+

Hello, I have a 17' GLS450. My wife has an iphone 6s+ and Apple Carplay works well. She likes it. I have a Samsung S8+ and cannot connect to Android Auto. I have downloaded the Android Auto app, and I am using the facotry USB-C cable. When I plug into the corret USB port, i get the notification on my phone to allow permissions, but i get nothing on the cars screen. When i go to the phone menu on command there is only an option for Apple Carplay and no option for Android Auto. I have turned everything off and on, and tried to reconnect etc., but still nothing. I checked the about phone menu and instructions for "Mirrorlink" are there, but no option to select it anywhere. Any one have any suggestions as to how to get this to Android Auto to work? Why is there no menu for it? Thanks.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 Mercedes Benz GLS450
Hello,

My Samsung Galaxy Note8 is working fine with Android Auto on my 2018 GLS450. I can't remember the very first time I plugged it in, but I believe the option for me is in Media options. If it is not there, it might be in the Tel option. I will check tomorrow morning once more and let you know.

Interestingly, on my mom's 2018 E300, her Android Auto option is in the Settings tab instead of Media/Tel (which works fine with her Note8 as well).

Last edited by Nosie54; 12-04-2017 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Had a typo
Old 12-04-2017, 03:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 GL350
Originally Posted by Nosie54
Hello,

My Samsung Galaxy Note8 is working fine with Android Auto on my 2018 GLS450. I can't remember the very first time I plugged it in, but I believe the option for me is in Media options. If it is not there, it might be in the Tel option. I will check tomorrow morning once more and let you know.

Interestingly, on my mom's 2018 E300, her Android Auto option is in the Settings tab instead of Media/Tel (which works fine with her Note8 as well).
Thank you for the reply. I have checked all menu options and I can not locate it, which is weird since it looks like it should be next to Apple CarPlay like i have seen in videos. Ill keep messing with it and see what happens. Maybe someone else might have some insight or ill wait till the vehicle needs a service and I'll have the dealership "experts" assist me.