GLS Class (X166) Produced from 2016 to 2019

no premium package,any dash differences?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volvo xc70
A few questions if I don’t buy the premium package

Hi, I'm in the process of negotiating a 2018 GLS 450. Keeping it very simple, since we keep our cars for a very long time and don't need a lot of tech extras. Only options I would order are lighting pkg, harmon kardon, trailer hitch and possibly the saddle brown leather. If I don't order the premium pkg, what takes the place of the single cd player? does the passenger seat have power, but no memory ? and I really love xm radio, doe the GLS come prewired from the factory? can I just go to a stereo shop and have them install it? Thanks for any help you all can give me, this is a fantastic forum with a wealth of information.
Tom

Last edited by Aeromagic; 12-13-2017 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Unclear
Old 12-13-2017, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,122 Likes on 734 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
The Harman Kardon system always includes the CD player. XM radio is included with the Harman system (I believe they all have it). I would strongly recommend the active curve system, the car is quite rolly-polly without it. Personally, I would hope MB made it standard, its not really a "sports" option. It is beneficial at any speed since it significantly improves the vehicle's handling characteristics. It is also a boom if you ever take the car in offroad since it allows improved suspension articulation thus reducing off road "whiplash". Another option that I strongly recommend is the active LED system, the base headlights are, at best, mediocre. I believe the passenger seat always has memory but, I'm not certain, you should ask the sales person specifically about any options you may or may not want and revise the ordering document carefully before its submitted for build. Be very observant ordering the 450 since the reason it costs a lot less than the other models is that almost everything is an option. I ordered a 550 and went back to the configurator to see how much a similarly equipped 450 would cost...It ended up ringing up 95K!!!!, one thousand dollars more than a "base" 550! I hope you enjoy your new ride!
The following users liked this post:
Neurobit (12-14-2017)
Old 12-16-2017, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,105 Likes on 810 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Well... "negotiating" for a non-P1 GLS - I would "guess" means a build - since dealers order P1 at minimum for their inventory units - frankly a non-P1 on-the-ground would be a rare bird - and with Harman Kardon & Lighting Package &/or/maybe leather interior - I don't have to check to know that combo on-the-ground would be as rare as dodo bird - and they went extinct

I understand your thinking - so that you know from the dealer side the majority of non-P1 GLS's that are occasionally requested - by and large by export-minded US customer.

You deserve a new Mercedes GLS - frankly going into end-December/eand-of-year for both Mercedes and your dealer(s) - you shjould be able to find on-the-ground lowest priced GLS which will have more - and get it for same price or a bit less that what you will pay to order.

That said - if you are a long-term hold customer - let's say over 4yrs - then a discounted "demo" - sold to you as CPO - will give you over 4yrs warany - unlimied mileage - for 10%+ off MSRP -..

Happy hunting !
The following users liked this post:
Neurobit (12-16-2017)