GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Avoiding blank button with second row heated seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 11:14 PM

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts
Awaiting a 2021 GLS580
Avoiding blank button with second row heated seats

I’m working a custom order for a 2020 GLS 580 and I have a question related to the activation buttons for the second row heated seats. I’m thinking of skipping the second row heated seats in part because it’s a needless expense due to car seats but more importantly that I find it annoying that they reuse the dual button adapter for the heating and leave a blank spot where the cooling activation button would have been. I noticed if you don’t get any heated second row then the entire button adapter is removed from second row door and just the wood finish remains. I actually like that look since I can’t get the second row cooled seats since it only comes with the exclusive package which adds the rear cup holder and in my opinion wastes to much room in the second row isle.

My question for the forum is if I get the “Warmth and Comfort Package,” because I want the rapid heating front seats will the fact that it is packaged with the “Heated second row armrests” cause me to have the “dreaded” (haha) heated seat button with the blank spot even though I purposely avoided selecting the second row heated seats. My guess is yes because otherwise there would be no way to activate the second row heated armrests unless they only enabled activation though infotainment which would be ridiculous.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:32 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Too many to count
Originally Posted by joejones81
I’m working a custom order for a 2020 GLS 580 and I have a question related to the activation buttons for the second row heated seats. I’m thinking of skipping the second row heated seats in part because it’s a needless expense due to car seats but more importantly that I find it annoying that they reuse the dual button adapter for the heating and leave a blank spot where the cooling activation button would have been. I noticed if you don’t get any heated second row then the entire button adapter is removed from second row door and just the wood finish remains. I actually like that look since I can’t get the second row cooled seats since it only comes with the exclusive package which adds the rear cup holder and in my opinion wastes to much room in the second row isle.

My question for the forum is if I get the “Warmth and Comfort Package,” because I want the rapid heating front seats will the fact that it is packaged with the “Heated second row armrests” cause me to have the “dreaded” (haha) heated seat button with the blank spot even though I purposely avoided selecting the second row heated seats. My guess is yes because otherwise there would be no way to activate the second row heated armrests unless they only enabled activation though infotainment which would be ridiculous.
Yes. If you get a package it comes as designed. The only configurating you can really do is picking which options and packages you want but as far as the details/implications of different selections there’s nothing you can do. The executive rear package adds cupholders because the fancy middle seat console has a control tablet and stuff which takes out the existing cup holder. Occasionally sometimes there is an option to “delete” something like badging or some detail but this isn’t one of those.