GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

What are these missing buttons for?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 11:15 AM

Received 170 Likes on 120 Posts
a
What are these missing buttons for?

I have a fully loaded GLS 580 including Executive Rear Seat PLUS and Heated 3rd Row Seats. Yet there are still 2 missing buttons on both 3rd row seats. Anyone know what these are for? Maybe something region specific?

What are these missing buttons for?-plv7ld1.png
What are these missing buttons for?-zuvujr2.png
Old 08-11-2020, 11:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c class
Originally Posted by darlop
I have a fully loaded GLS 580 including Executive Rear Seat PLUS and Heated 3rd Row Seats. Yet there are still 2 missing buttons on both 3rd row seats. Anyone know what these are for? Maybe something region specific?

Ventilated seat option.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:37 AM

a
Originally Posted by Eni Xh
Ventilated seat option.
In the 3rd row? What country is that available in?
Old 08-11-2020, 12:36 PM

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts
Awaiting a 2021 GLS580
Originally Posted by darlop
In the 3rd row? What country is that available in?
Darlop, I think we share a similar mindset and it irks me that Mercedes uses switches with blanks. My guess is they use the same switch for the second row and third row for manufacturing/assembly efficiency even though no current model GLS has ventilated seats in the third row (not even Maybach).

I was actually considering getting the rear executive package in the rear for the sole purpose of avoiding the second row blank button for the ventilated seats. But I didn’t want to have the center console extend into the second row, although it is useful with the cup holders.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:08 PM

a
Originally Posted by joejones81
Darlop, I think we share a similar mindset and it irks me that Mercedes uses switches with blanks. My guess is they use the same switch for the second row and third row for manufacturing/assembly efficiency even though no current model GLS has ventilated seats in the third row (not even Maybach).
That's what I figured but the only part shared between them is the silver trim line. Can't believe they want to be that cheap on a $100k car. The button itself is black plastic while the other rows are silver. (Maybach doesn't have a third row)

Originally Posted by joejones81
I was actually considering getting the rear executive package in the rear for the sole purpose of avoiding the second row blank button for the ventilated seats. But I didn’t want to have the center console extend into the second row, although it is useful with the cup holders.
I keep seeing people talk about extra cupholders but it is not true. The Executive Package center console only has the tablet, a wireless charging pad, and a small storage with USB-C ports.

In fact if you get the 7 seat config WITHOUT the executive package you DO get extra cup holders in the center console.

Last edited by darlop; 08-18-2020 at 12:50 PM.