GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Anyine else still waiting for a 2020 GLS 450?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 09:28 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CAR
So....my car arrived at the dealership! So, so excited! 10 months after placing my order. Its really amazing. But now hubby and the dealership are at odds because the price increased from the order date to delivery date. Hubby (and I) feel that the car should be discounted now thats October and the 21s are arriving next week (dealer said this). Dealer isn't willing to negotiate price at all it seems... so my frustration continues.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:34 AM

CAR

Emerald green. NO running boards!!!

Metal weave trim, really spectacular!

Tartufo interior

Tartufo interior, metal weave trim

Sport brakes upgrade
Old 10-09-2020, 11:54 AM

Received 172 Likes on 122 Posts
a
Originally Posted by CALLA
So....my car arrived at the dealership! So, so excited! 10 months after placing my order. Its really amazing. But now hubby and the dealership are at odds because the price increased from the order date to delivery date. Hubby (and I) feel that the car should be discounted now thats October and the 21s are arriving next week (dealer said this). Dealer isn't willing to negotiate price at all it seems... so my frustration continues.
Unfortunately they are in a position where they don't need to negotiate. They know how hard it is for someone waiting 10 months for their custom order car to just walk away. I learned this lesson too. Always get a price in writing at the time of ordering.
Old 10-09-2020, 12:13 PM

CAR
Originally Posted by darlop
Unfortunately they are in a position where they don't need to negotiate. They know how hard it is for someone waiting 10 months for their custom order car to just walk away. I learned this lesson too. Always get a price in writing at the time of ordering.
Yes we do have the original price in writing. But the base price increased in January (we ordered in Dec when base price was lower), after we ordered the car. And clearly something else mustve also increased bc the difference in the ordered price and the current price is 1400. I think they're using it to "agree" on the original price and not go lower as hubby wants to go lower than iriginal price bc of the time we waited. In writing, car was supposed to arrive in Feb, but no later than March 31. I get the pandemic hit...but we are 6 months over due. Like I said, its frustrating. Plus as I called and spoke to the dealer weekly we discussed many, many times that there should be some $ consideration for waiting and waiting and waiting. AND if I rebuild the car as a 21 exactly as the 20, the MSRP is 1700 cheaper! Which the dealer did and confirmed 2 days ago. But then the wait continues ..
Old 10-09-2020, 02:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
BMW 550i
CALLA,

The issue you are having with the MSRP increase occurred with my December 2019 GLS 580 order (which I am still waiting for...) as well. The dealership called me and said that I would need to pay more because the MSRP increased. I think that is a ridiculous stance for a dealer and manufacturer to take after you have already agreed on a price and placed an order. The dealer suggested I reach out to MBUSA, which I did. MBUSA was able to resolve the issue within a day. I think they provided the dealer with some kind of credit to offset the MSRP increase, but I am not sure. I would suggest that you reach out to MBUSA as well.
The following users liked this post:
CALLA (10-09-2020)
Old 10-09-2020, 03:40 PM

CAR
Originally Posted by benz314
CALLA,

The issue you are having with the MSRP increase occurred with my December 2019 GLS 580 order (which I am still waiting for...) as well. The dealership called me and said that I would need to pay more because the MSRP increased. I think that is a ridiculous stance for a dealer and manufacturer to take after you have already agreed on a price and placed an order. The dealer suggested I reach out to MBUSA, which I did. MBUSA was able to resolve the issue within a day. I think they provided the dealer with some kind of credit to offset the MSRP increase, but I am not sure. I would suggest that you reach out to MBUSA as well.
Thank you. I will reach out to them, too!
Old 10-09-2020, 04:12 PM

CAR
I called MBUSA. They told me its not their issue, take it up with the dealership. I reminded MBUSA that they raised the base price of the car and it was AFTER I placed my order (with a deposit) and that the dealership is saying that they were charged more for the car, so I am being charged more. So how could MBUSA not be involved in the issue? Their response was the same...take it up with the dealer.

I swear the car Gods hate me.
Old 10-16-2020, 11:40 PM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
2024 GLS 450
Weeks after being produced and 8 months after being ordered, mine finally arrived at the dealership yesterday. I'm planning to pick it up on Monday.
Old 10-17-2020, 06:14 AM

CAR
Worked things out with the dealership and will be picking up my car Monday!!!. So excited!

The following 2 users liked this post by CALLA:
Lanzz (10-20-2020), wyatt88 (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 10:20 AM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
2024 GLS 450
I finally took delivery yesterday, 8 months after ordering and 10 weeks after production. It's amazing. As much as I liked my GL 450, this is even better.
The following 2 users liked this post by DM335:
Lanzz (10-20-2020), wyatt88 (10-20-2020)