GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Interesting 2021 GLS 580 Repair Issue and lack of MB Parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 09:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 GLS 580
Interesting 2021 GLS 580 Repair Issue and lack of MB Parts

I wanted to share an interesting problem that I just ran into. I purchased a 2021 GLS 580 which presented with a cracked coolant hose fitting on the rear of the engine. The car showed a "Low Coolant" error within 1.5 weeks. I filled it with the appropriate coolant and took it to the dealership for investigation. They identified the cracked fitting when doing a pressure test but apparently they don't have the part and needed to reach out to the Alabama plant. 3+ business days with no updates on shipping the part to the dealer. Just an FYI for anyone who runs into a similar issues.
Old 03-02-2021, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,453 Likes on 959 Posts
No more MB:(
World of covid. Good luck.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:48 PM

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
2011 Audi A4, 2014 E63S Wagon, 2020 GLS 580
I have a 2020 580 and the night I took delivery (Feb 2020 pre-CV), I was taking a test drive with my sales person and he went to turn on the passenger side seat heater and the entire control assembly fell out of the door and was hanging by the wires. I took it in for service and they didn't want to take the door apart to reseat it unless they had a spare control assembly in stock, in case there was something broken on the original. Same story. They had to send to Alabama for the part, as there were no spares in the pipeline since the 580 had just been released a month or two earlier. I'm sure Covid hasn't made it any easier to get spares into inventory and if this was something with a chip in it, I could see where there could be a shortage due to supply chain but it just seems like MB is not pushing a lot of spares out to the dealers, perhaps waiting until there is a larger customer base with delivered vehicles.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 GLS 580
Originally Posted by ksalno
I have a 2020 580 and the night I took delivery (Feb 2020 pre-CV), I was taking a test drive with my sales person and he went to turn on the passenger side seat heater and the entire control assembly fell out of the door and was hanging by the wires. I took it in for service and they didn't want to take the door apart to reseat it unless they had a spare control assembly in stock, in case there was something broken on the original. Same story. They had to send to Alabama for the part, as there were no spares in the pipeline since the 580 had just been released a month or two earlier. I'm sure Covid hasn't made it any easier to get spares into inventory and if this was something with a chip in it, I could see where there could be a shortage due to supply chain but it just seems like MB is not pushing a lot of spares out to the dealers, perhaps waiting until there is a larger customer base with delivered vehicles.
Sounds very similar. The good news is that the part is being replaced in my 580 today so I'm clearly thrilled. The bad new is that my part is apparently the only one available in the country right now. It seems like an opportunity to fill the pipeline with replacement parts more substantively...
Old 03-05-2021, 07:41 AM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts
'20 GLS580, '18 S560
My 2020 with Acoustic Comfort Package and HUD cracked the front windshield.
the replacement glass took almost 2.5 weeks to arrive.