GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Window closing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2021, 04:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
GLS 580
Window closing

Hello! I’ve noticed something annoying with the window controls and not sure if it is a design flaw, or something my dealership can fix for me.

On my 2021 GLS 580, the driver seat has controls for all 4 windows. I can hard press for all 4 and let go, and the window opens all the way. I can hard pull and let go for the window to go up all the way on the driver door, and the 2 second row doors. But for the front passenger window, I have to manually hold the control until it closes - can’t just pull and release and have it be automatic.

Can someone tell me if this should be “pull and release” like the others? Or is this some sort of crazy safety feature?

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2021, 10:41 AM

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
2020 GLS 450
The passenger window regulator probably needs to be re-indexed. It is a simple procedure -- see the owner's manual for instructions.
Old 10-28-2021, 11:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
GLS 580
That seems like a sensible solution. However, I’ve just looked in the owners manual (the online one on mbusa.com), and can’t find any mention of this. Can you direct me more specifically? Thanks!
Old 10-28-2021, 11:24 AM

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
2020 GLS 450
I don't have immediate access to the manual, but to my recollection, you need to close the window, release the button, pull the button again to close and hold for about three or four seconds and then release. Then open the window and try closing again to see if the re-indexing was successful. If not, try the procedure again.