GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

First 250 miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 11:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 E350 4matic- winter edition
First 250 miles

Picked up my 22 a week ago- I got a black with the AMG and night package, i think it took 3 months from placing the order to when the vehicle was delivered to my local dealer. I was hoping option U19 would make it to the build but alas that and the NFC charging were both removed. I also could not get the massaging seats. I paid MSRP for the vehicle. Yesterday i got a chance to do my longest drive yet and here a few of my observations.
  • There is a lot of wind noise that comes through the Pano roof, I am not sure why, almost feels like the seal could have been done better?
  • I dont think yesterday was exceptionally windy, but at some point i thought the cross winds as i was going across a bridge was pretty scary enough for me to slow down the car.
  • There is a lot of rattling for 100K mercedes!! The kids were in the second row using the cup holders and it seemed like any bump we went over was overly loud and caused their cups to rattle a lot- like some hollow cheap plastic contraption.
  • There is a lot more rattling than i expect when i hit pot holes.- about the same that i was experiencing in my 2014 GL that i just got rid of.
  • Still getting used to the acceleration coming from the 8cylinder 2014- this one needs
At some point i would like to unlock the multi-beam headlights and see what other mods folks are doing. Any thoughts on U19 being available for a retro-fit?
Old 02-28-2022, 01:26 PM

Received 170 Likes on 108 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
Couple of notes -

Rattles seem to be hit and miss. Many don't really have any and a few seem to have some. Drinks in cup holders rattling over bumps is not something someone can fix. Other rattles should be fixable by the dealer. If you can figure out how to recreate them, bring it when you get a chance, many seem to be fixable if the dealer can track down where it is coming from.

The augmented reality retro fit probably isn't worth the expense if you can get a dealer to help with the programming at all. The shortage is on the high end MBUX processor which is required for it. So, the entire MBUX main unit needs to be replaced with the high end system, then the camera added and the new trim pieces for the one with the camera, etc. Not sure if the wiring is all the same and is already there or not. You'll likely need a dealer then to figure out how to get it enabled.
Old 02-28-2022, 06:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 E350 4matic- winter edition
Thanks! I will take the car to the dealership this weekend to see if we can sort out these rattles.