GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Apple Car Play - Wireless

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2022, 12:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
bmw x3
Apple Car Play - Wireless

Folks - Recently received delivery of 2022 - GLS 450. I am looking to find a solution to get Apple car play in wireless mode. I have noticed few connectors/dongles on internet which you can connect to the USB-C port on your vehicle and connect via bluetooth on your phone to make car play wireless. However in reviews some have lags and bad audio quality. I am wondering if someone is successfully using one of those dongles with GLS and suggest me one. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-11-2022, 05:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 GLS450
Reasonable trade off imo

Originally Posted by mbgls2022
Folks - Recently received delivery of 2022 - GLS 450. I am looking to find a solution to get Apple car play in wireless mode. I have noticed few connectors/dongles on internet which you can connect to the USB-C port on your vehicle and connect via bluetooth on your phone to make car play wireless. However in reviews some have lags and bad audio quality. I am wondering if someone is successfully using one of those dongles with GLS and suggest me one. Thanks in advance.
This is the one that I have: https://amzn.to/3xoRG2D

Cons:
1. It takes up your wireless charging pad. Coming out of the USB slot, that is the cleanest place to tuck it in.

2. There is a noticeable audio lag but just a slight degradation in audio quality.

3. There are unsolved glitches such as the occasional disconnection of audio after answering a phone call. Say you’re playing Spotify, then someone calls, when you hang up, you won’t have audio anymore until you restart your car/MBUX. Unplugging/replugging the dongle won’t help.

BUT.. I still use it for the convenience.
Old 06-11-2022, 11:08 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2022 GLS 450 (X167)
This is what I got. Seems to work reliably every time.

Amazon Amazon
Old 06-20-2022, 03:58 PM

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts
AMG GLE63S, X5M Comp, CTT, ZO6, Raptor
Interesting in the success when the description says it doesn’t support MBUX