GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

MBTex Splits

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2024, 09:55 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2013 S350, 2021 GLS450
Originally Posted by nc211
I think that’s about how long I had to wait too, maybe slightly less. I can’t really tell what they changed on the new version, other that it seeming a little bigger/looser fitting to allow more stretch? Kind of but not major to where it looks sloppy.

honestly though, MB needs to focus on fixing these kinds of problems. This is a SIMPLE fix that his highly visible. For me, having dealt with split MBTex in two MB’s 7 years apart in age, it was the final straw and walked away from the brand. I was very very close to a new GLC to replace my E, but decided for that kind of money, it needed to offer me something unique and needed to be easy to fix and reasonable to maintain with a much larger dealership network. First time ever, I’m a Ford owner, only second American car in 34 years..
I'm not done with Mercedes yet, but my 2021 GLS sure has more problems than any other MB that I have owned. I'm still waiting for my MBTex seat cover replacements. What annoys me is that I had MBTex on my 2013 GL450 and that never split or had problems. I had that car for almost 9 years!

The new car, there's a new problems every few months. The latest is the rear interior door handle is loose.
The following users liked this post:
nc211 (07-13-2024)
Old 07-13-2024, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 649 Likes on 404 Posts
2020 GLS450 / 2024 Ford Bronco / (former) W212 4-matic 350 sport package
I hope it comes in soon for you! Ours seems to be holding up, but we'll see come winter time. We're the beige interior color and the driver's seat does have some denim stains on it from my wife again. No big deal on a 4 year old car with 72k miles, but was disappointed to see again and so quickly. No splits though so far. "You can't wear jeans in your SUV"...

I'm in the "I had a couple of those before" camp when it comes to Mercedes Benz now. Just too many other options out there without the utter frustration of ownership experiences now. I have two open recalls on our GLS that honestly, I'm not going to mess with because I just don't trust that what should be a simple fix, turns into another multi-week hassle that I just don't need to deal with. I absolutely *** hate the Mercedes Benz dealership. The worst experiences I have ever had by a long shot across 19 vehicles and 34 years. This last time over this seat cover, has put me in the frame of mind that the next time, will be the trade-in time for the GLS in general and be done for good.

We were the second in our neighborhood to get the GLS X167 when they came out. Since then we had about 10 more join the club. We're down to 4 left now after just 4 years. Two 450's (ours being one of them) and two AMG's. One of the AMG owners is very much looking forward to their lease expiring. I don't know the other AMG owner. The other 450 is their "horse farm buggy". Translation - looks appropriate at the polo matches.

Last edited by nc211; 07-13-2024 at 08:41 AM.