GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Jittery Ride Over Bumps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2023, 01:16 PM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
2024 GLS 450
Jittery Ride Over Bumps

I have a 2020 GLS 450 with the E-ABC suspension with 28,xxx miles. About 6 weeks ago, I noticed that the back end of the car felt like it was jumping to the right when I went over bumps while driving 30 to 40 mph. The first time I brought it in to the dealership, I was expecting that some suspension part had broken. The were able to do a software update to the E-ABC that helped a little. I brought it back again and they discovered a software update to the steering control module. I thought it was a lot better, but I still think there is a problem. It does not feel as securely planted on the road as I recall it being. Has anyone else, with E-ABC or not, experienced something similar? I would like to give them some ideas since they seemed to think this was the best plan of action.

I've gone from loving the way it drives to preferring my daughter's RAV4 over the bumpy streets around my house. That's certainly not a good feeling.
Old 05-13-2023, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 636 Likes on 472 Posts
MB
You should include E-ABC in your title to clarify just because it's not a common feature. Have you tried cleaning your stereo cameras and windshield? See here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class-v167/865177-e-active-suspension-road-surface-scan-finally-working.html