GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

ALUMINUM RUNNING BOARDS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2023, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DODGE RAM
ALUMINUM RUNNING BOARDS

Has anyone tried retrofitting their GLS with aluminum running boards? I have a customer who wants them and I'm hesitant to tell them it can be done, mainly because of the ambient lighting. If I were to order the harness can it just be wired in?
Old 08-03-2023, 08:55 PM

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
GLC EQB GLS C300 convertible
I have illuminated running boards laying around as I got the electronic ones. My shop said it was easy
Old 08-03-2023, 09:01 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2021 GLS 450. Have a Holden Commodore, Jeep, truck, and more
I put some on about 2 months ago. I would have to look up the brand, but I think they are all probably the same. I skipped the lit version because I was concerned how well the lit area would age and didn't want to deal with hacking into wiring.

They look very similar to the OEM ones. I tried calling 2 dealers about getting the factory ones and was told they wouldn't sell them to me because they were on it from the factory (they ask for the vin to verify fitment).

Edit: They were Vanguard brand
Old 08-04-2023, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 682 Likes on 506 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by LeadfootCJ7
I put some on about 2 months ago. I would have to look up the brand, but I think they are all probably the same. I skipped the lit version because I was concerned how well the lit area would age and didn't want to deal with hacking into wiring.

They look very similar to the OEM ones. I tried calling 2 dealers about getting the factory ones and was told they wouldn't sell them to me because they were on it from the factory (they ask for the vin to verify fitment).

Edit: They were Vanguard brand
Thx. Here's a link:
Just run the filter for GLS
https://vanguardoffroad.com/c-1389258-side-steps-running-boards-running-boards.html

​​​​​​