GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

'24 GLS450 Order, Questions/Feedback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2023, 04:17 PM

Received 187 Likes on 139 Posts
W212 E63S Wagon - GSL580 - E63 - E350 - C300
Cruise control at 80mph, the 550 is much more quiet than the 450. Maybe because of the Designo interior we have in the 550...the 450 (former car) was not as near optioned.
Old 12-18-2023, 04:24 PM

Okay, now that I have more time. As for Audio, in general, yes it is worth it. Even if you are not an audiophile (like me). For most people these days their car is the best sound system they will ever own, hands down, bar none - more so with the "Sound bar" era that is akin to "Shorts" on YouTube...."good enough is the play of the day".

There was a time I had a $200k theater in a $700 a month apartment (B&W Surround Sound, Martin Logan two channel...Kimber Kable...blah blah blah)...That said, if you do not appreciate the sound system, the next buyer may as it is a big check box for many people on the second hand market. Ours has the Bang and Olefson, it is heads and shoulders better than the Harman Kardon that is in our E63's and E350 (and C300, and C240). Mostly with the performance of the phone system and how well the speakers and microphones handle conversation. In the GLS it is "normal voice" and in the E63 it is a "car call voice'.

For me, I would not cut that corner, not looking at over all value, over all resale and over all experience of getting into a new vehicle.
Old 12-18-2023, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by EWL5
Very difficult to get winter and all-season for 22" and bigger wheels these days.
).
That is why your winters should be on their own rims ;-)
Old 12-18-2023, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 88 Likes on 60 Posts
2024 GLS450
Originally Posted by OldManAndHisCar
Cruise control at 80mph, the 550 is much more quiet than the 450. Maybe because of the Designo interior we have in the 550...the 450 (former car) was not as near optioned.
What generation are you comparing, though?

Remember on the latest 167s, the Acoustic Comfort Package is an option which includes additional sound deadening and acoustic laminated glass.
Old 12-18-2023, 04:37 PM

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by MDMercedesGuy
What generation are you comparing, though?

Remember on the latest 167s, the Acoustic Comfort Package is an option which includes additional sound deadening and acoustic laminated glass.
I’m a nerd for no road noise, so I definitely optioned that.

Had to get rid of multiple Lexus because of that precisely, cabin not being insulated.
Old 12-18-2023, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GLS450
Originally Posted by dmash
I’m a nerd for no road noise, so I definitely optioned that.

Had to get rid of multiple Lexus because of that precisely, cabin not being insulated.
I optioned it as well… I want this to be as much of a serenity chamber as possible 😂

My production date has begun sliding backwards after having to be pushed out. Hopefully I’ll be picking it up about a month from now. Losing my damn mind.
Old 12-18-2023, 09:43 PM

N/A
Ok, finalized everything with my build, was ready to sign earlier today ……

My hookup for the DE1 bailed on me due to his family member last minute wanting to make a purchase for Christmas. UGHHHHHHHHH

Nobody has an MB friend out there to refer do they? 😅 Biggest discount I’ve been able to get calling around was $5000 off the top.

Last edited by dmash; 12-18-2023 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2023, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GLS450

My hookup for the DE1 bailed on me due to his family member last minute wanting to make a purchase for Christmas. UGHHHHHHHHH

Nobody has an MB friend out there to refer do they? 😅 Biggest discount I’ve been able to get calling around was $5000 off the top.
Considering how many dealers are still trying for ADP, I’d take the $5k.
Old 12-19-2023, 10:54 AM

Received 223 Likes on 132 Posts
'20 GLS450, '17 S550 Sedan
Count your blessings... and take the $5k off MSRP, before the dealership changes their mind. That's much better than what I've been hearing!

Good luck!
Old 12-19-2023, 11:53 AM

Received 194 Likes on 157 Posts
'23 GLS450

Sorry to hear you lost your F&F discount.
Now that you have joined the rest of us mortals, remember that with Mercedes, you have to PAY to PLAY!
A $5k discount is $5k more than I got off this past summer!
Old 12-19-2023, 12:43 PM

N/A
Alright guys, signed a $111,030 build with 4.5%/$5000 off. I will use Navy Fed or some other incentive for an additional $500 at pickup (fingers crossed it increases next year), so should effectively be at $105,530 for this. Additionally, I can put $5k on credit card, which I value at another $100 off. I’m content with this discount on a factory build in current market conditions.

Last edited by dmash; 12-19-2023 at 11:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
EWL5 (12-19-2023)
Old 12-19-2023, 12:49 PM

'23 GLS450
Expected delivery?
Old 12-19-2023, 12:53 PM

N/A
Expected delivery?
March build date with April delivery, nothing sooner.

I reached out to multiple other dealers as well who all relayed the same thing, nobody had anything but March and April allocations.
Old 12-19-2023, 01:02 PM

'23 GLS450
March build date with April delivery, nothing sooner.

I reached out to multiple other dealers as well who all relayed the same thing, nobody had anything but March and April allocations.
Looks like supply is still an issue.
Just be glad you got any discount at all!
dmash (12-19-2023)
Old 12-19-2023, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GLS450
Congrats! You built pretty much my same car, sans the big Burmester, Night Package and rear sunshades... a very nice spec indeed.

The holdup on production is Pinnacle from what I was told - those builds are few and far between, which slows everything down.
dmash (12-19-2023)
Old 12-19-2023, 01:08 PM

N/A
Looks like supply is still an issue.
Just be glad you got any discount at all!
Yeah, I really like this dealer and the manager himself messaged me when I pressed for further discount and told me what he’s supposedly got on the books and sold this month. Has been pretty cordial and transparent about a discount being really great in this environment. It’s backed up by what I experienced by contacting upwards of ten other dealers, who wouldn’t budge from straight MSRP. Discount, especially on a build, seems difficult. Especially in Florida as people try to get these to export.

Last edited by dmash; 12-19-2023 at 01:11 PM.
EWL5 (12-19-2023)
Old 12-19-2023, 01:11 PM

N/A
Congrats! You built pretty much my same car, sans the big Burmester, Night Package and rear sunshades... a very nice spec indeed.

The holdup on production is Pinnacle from what I was told - those builds are few and far between, which slows everything down.
The sunshades were a must for me with kids, absolute god send in FL weather when a baby/toddler is trying to sleep. Prevents the T-shirt being jammed in the window type situation I’ve done before 😂

Yeah the Pinnacle + Burmester 3D isn’t an easy package to find. I pretty much checked every box but chrome door handles/rear spoiler/wood steering wheel as those are all aesthetic things I dislike.
Old 12-19-2023, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GLS450
The sunshades were a must for me with kids, absolute god send in FL weather when a baby/toddler is trying to sleep. Prevents the T-shirt being jammed in the window type situation I’ve done before 😂

Yeah the Pinnacle + Burmester 3D isn’t an easy package to find. I pretty much checked every box but chrome door handles/rear spoiler/wood steering wheel as those are all aesthetic things I dislike.
I went back and forth on them, and ended up not adding them. The only rear seat passenger I will have with any regularity is 85lb of Basset Hound, so they would be open anyway.

The nail in the coffin for me was a conversation with a buddy who is a parts director at a MB dealer, and he said they seem to be pretty fragile and end up replacing quite a few (enough that he keeps a pair in stock at all times). Just keep an eye on them with the kids!
Old 12-19-2023, 08:24 PM

N/A
I went back and forth on them, and ended up not adding them. The only rear seat passenger I will have with any regularity is 85lb of Basset Hound, so they would be open anyway.

The nail in the coffin for me was a conversation with a buddy who is a parts director at a MB dealer, and he said they seem to be pretty fragile and end up replacing quite a few (enough that he keeps a pair in stock at all times). Just keep an eye on them with the kids!
still worth the risk for me! Haha
Old 12-19-2023, 11:38 PM

N/A
Well, things escalated quickly this evening after I was all set and signed for on the GLS450. I made the mistake of going to a lot and letting my wife test drive the GLS580. It feels like a totally different car altogether, that extra 135hp/169lb-ft torque is WAY more impressive than I thought. The E-ABC also feels like a different level of luxury, definitely an upgrade over the regular suspension. Another small note, I thought I hated the roof spoiler online, but when I saw one in person, they look great! Gives off a sporty vibe which meshes well with the overall aesthetic and V8 power. Lastly, salesman said he's been getting real world reports of ~25mpg with the V8 on the highway, which I thought was quite impressive if true.

So with all that taken into consideration, I'm now clocking in at $135,295. It's pretty much every option but the Executive Rear Package (zero need with toddlers). What a few days this has been, happy with my final (final) decision though.

580 Build:
  • Emerald Green Metallic
  • Bahia Brown Leather
  • Grey Oak Wood Trim
  • 22" AMG Multispoke w/ Black Accents
  • 7 Seat Configuration
  • Night Package
  • Pinnacle Trim
  • Roof Spoiler
  • Chrome Load Sill Guard
  • Topstitched MB-Tex Dash and Door Trim
  • Exclusive Wood Trim Package
  • Warmth & Comfort Package
  • E-Active Body Control Package
  • Power 2nd Row Sunshades
  • Acoustic Comfort Package
  • Burmester High-End 3D Surround
  • Dashcam
  • Off-Road Package
  • Underguard
  • Trailer Hitch
  • Trailer Maneuvering Assist
  • 2nd Row Airbags
  • Magic Vison Control
  • Wheel Locking Bolts
  • First Aid Kit
Old 12-20-2023, 08:38 AM

'23 GLS450
Well, things escalated quickly this evening after I was all set and signed for on the GLS450. I made the mistake of going to a lot and letting my wife test drive the GLS580. It feels like a totally different car altogether, that extra 135hp/169lb-ft torque is WAY more impressive than I thought. The E-ABC also feels like a different level of luxury, definitely an upgrade over the regular suspension. Another small note, I thought I hated the roof spoiler online, but when I saw one in person, they look great! Gives off a sporty vibe which meshes well with the overall aesthetic and V8 power. Lastly, salesman said he's been getting real world reports of ~25mpg with the V8 on the highway, which I thought was quite impressive if true.

So with all that taken into consideration, I'm now clocking in at $135,295. It's pretty much every option but the Executive Rear Package (zero need with toddlers). What a few days this has been, happy with my final (final) decision though.

580 Build:
  • Emerald Green Metallic
  • Bahia Brown Leather
  • Grey Oak Wood Trim
  • 22" AMG Multispoke w/ Black Accents
  • 7 Seat Configuration
  • Night Package
  • Pinnacle Trim
  • Roof Spoiler
  • Chrome Load Sill Guard
  • Topstitched MB-Tex Dash and Door Trim
  • Exclusive Wood Trim Package
  • Warmth & Comfort Package
  • E-Active Body Control Package
  • Power 2nd Row Sunshades
  • Acoustic Comfort Package
  • Burmester High-End 3D Surround
  • Dashcam
  • Off-Road Package
  • Underguard
  • Trailer Hitch
  • Trailer Maneuvering Assist
  • 2nd Row Airbags
  • Magic Vison Control
  • Wheel Locking Bolts
  • First Aid Kit
E-ABC is known to have issues and super expensive to repair. I hope it's better now but I can't imagine what would have changed.
When do you pick it up or did you already drive it off the lot?
Old 12-20-2023, 09:42 AM

N/A
E-ABC is known to have issues and super expensive to repair. I hope it's better now but I can't imagine what would have changed.
When do you pick it up or did you already drive it off the lot?
I’ve searched about this, where are the glaring issues? I mean I understand all suspensions will eventually have issues but the E-ABC doesn’t seem to be any more apparent than normal airmatic? Plus, I plan on extended warranty to 100k and get rid of it before hitting that, so should technically be a non-issue for me.

No, it would still be an order.
Old 12-20-2023, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 GLS450
I’ve searched about this, where are the glaring issues? I mean I understand all suspensions will eventually have issues but the E-ABC doesn’t seem to be any more apparent than normal airmatic? Plus, I plan on extended warranty to 100k and get rid of it before hitting that, so should technically be a non-issue for me.

No, it would still be an order.
E-ABC is just an expansion on ABC.

Google "Mercedes ABC failure" and you will find a lifetime worth of information. Many CL, S and SL class vehicles have been scrapped when they get on in age due to these systems being cost prohibitive to repair, or they end up being converted to steel springs (also not cheap).

Quite frankly, even with an extended warranty it would not be worth the potential downtime for me.
Old 12-20-2023, 12:13 PM

N/A
E-ABC is just an expansion on ABC.

Google "Mercedes ABC failure" and you will find a lifetime worth of information. Many CL, S and SL class vehicles have been scrapped when they get on in age due to these systems being cost prohibitive to repair, or they end up being converted to steel springs (also not cheap).
https://youtu.be/fKVw-NUq-WU?si=p11ZYgn9tR03wtDb

Quite frankly, even with an extended warranty it would not be worth the potential downtime for me.

I thought the E-ABC was supposed to fix some of these issues??
Old 12-20-2023, 12:21 PM

I think that you will be quite happy with the 8. We get (real world, SHE gets about 23mpg) around 20mpg in traffic. We are seldom on the highway in that car (that is why we have the E63's).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '24 GLS450 Order, Questions/Feedback