GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Goodbye Mercedes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2024, 09:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Mercedes GLS450
It is all dependent on the particular state. In my state it was 30 days in the shop within the first year. I did not notify my dealership, as I did not want them to try to expedite the repair or alter records. My state is only based on the number of days in the shop, NOT based on whether the car is fixed. Your state, NJ, seems to require that "the defect still exists." It took about 6-8 weeks for approval and about a month after before they took the car back and issued a check. If I were to do it again, I would just do it myself. Mercedes did pay some of the lawyer fees, but not all of them. I probably could have pushed them into paying all of the fee based on the state lemon law, but I just wanted to be done with this ordeal.
The following 2 users liked this post by TheAce:
interlaced (09-04-2024), Splaktar (09-03-2024)
Old 09-03-2024, 09:57 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2022 GLS 450, 2021 Sprinter Crew
Good to know, I want to get a S-Class instead of this GLS and today I just dropped off my GLS for the transmission issue as I stated before and I want to bring up the lemon law to the service center to get my money back as this issue seems to not be repairable after 3 times already now I've tried to get the dealership to fix this issue. Or should I keep quiet and ask for all the service documentation and call my NJ lemon law unit and go from there?
Old 09-04-2024, 12:48 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2022 GLS 450, 2021 Sprinter Crew
Originally Posted by TheAce
It is all dependent on the particular state. In my state it was 30 days in the shop within the first year. I did not notify my dealership, as I did not want them to try to expedite the repair or alter records. My state is only based on the number of days in the shop, NOT based on whether the car is fixed. Your state, NJ, seems to require that "the defect still exists." It took about 6-8 weeks for approval and about a month after before they took the car back and issued a check. If I were to do it again, I would just do it myself. Mercedes did pay some of the lawyer fees, but not all of them. I probably could have pushed them into paying all of the fee based on the state lemon law, but I just wanted to be done with this ordeal.
Also, I found out this information I quoted below and I reported to my service center on ~14,000 miles that the jolting started and again I reported the issue coming back on ~17,000 miles and the jolting came back.

"Your vehicle is covered under the NJ lemon law as long as you first report a substantial defect or condition within the first 24 months and 18,000 miles of vehicle use. The subsequent repair attempts can occur after the first 24 months and 18,000 miles. You have four years after the third repair attempt (or 20 days out of service) to formally file for lemon law relief." https://lemonlawonline.com/new-jerse...n-law-faq/#NJ8

So I should be good either way I'll call tomorrow and speak with my service and get all the service records on my car to confirm how many times I brought up this issue for NJ Lemon Law Unit.

I believe this is a serious defect as it can result in serious harm to bodily injury for god sake if anything the car stalls while driving or anything it's dangerous considering it's the transmission we're talking about, does that make sense?
Old 09-04-2024, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,634 Likes on 1,204 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan
MB has a new transmission adaptation that seems to work.
It's called a "Standing Adaptation."
It worked for me - here's my GLE post.
https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ml#post9026943