GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Online Map Update Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2024, 04:45 PM

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts
2015 MB S550 & 2020 MB GLS 450
Online Map Update Issue

After I purchased my 20 GLS450 in November 2022 I performed a manual online map update which went surprisingly smoothly. I have been trying to perform another update and keep receiving an error message (screenshot below) that the service is unavailable for technical reasons. On the error message there is a Mercedes Me Support tab to select, but get the 404 error when clicked. After trying several times over a few days, last week I contacted Mercedes Me Connect service. I was requested to upload a screenshot of the message and the issue would get elevated to another group. After a week I have received no response, and still receive the error message when I try to update. Has anyone else received this message, or know of a fix? Thanks

Old 06-04-2024, 05:33 PM

Received 187 Likes on 150 Posts
'23 GLS450
Has your subscription to Mercedes Me lapsed or are you up to date in payments?
Old 06-04-2024, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by EWL5
Has your subscription to Mercedes Me lapsed or are you up to date in payments?
Renewed in February for another year. Everything else re Mercedes Me seems fine.
Old 06-04-2024, 05:51 PM

'23 GLS450
I've had no issues and have updated twice in the year I've owned the car. Sorry!
Old 06-05-2024, 03:48 AM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 GLS 450, 2024 GLS 580
Originally Posted by TNS550
After I purchased my 20 GLS450 in November 2022 I performed a manual online map update which went surprisingly smoothly. I have been trying to perform another update and keep receiving an error message (screenshot below) that the service is unavailable for technical reasons. On the error message there is a Mercedes Me Support tab to select, but get the 404 error when clicked. After trying several times over a few days, last week I contacted Mercedes Me Connect service. I was requested to upload a screenshot of the message and the issue would get elevated to another group. After a week I have received no response, and still receive the error message when I try to update. Has anyone else received this message, or know of a fix? Thanks

I live in a rural area where internet connection is spotty because of unreliable satellite connections. I also have a '20 GLS 450 and have seen that response a couple of times when I've tried to manually update MBUX maps, or connect to Carlinkit in order to convert my wired Apple CarPlay to a wireless connection. Have you tried your updates when your satellite signal Is unimpeded?

Last edited by Daromo; 06-05-2024 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Typo
The following users liked this post:
EWL5 (06-05-2024)
Old 06-05-2024, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Daromo
I live in a rural area where internet connection is spotty because of unreliable satellite connections. I also have a '20 GLS 450 and have seen that response a couple of times when I've tried to manually update MBUX maps, or connect to Carlinkit in order to convert my wired Apple CarPlay to a wireless connection. Have you tried your updates when your satellite signal Is unimpeded?
A little more background.......I'm in Tennessee and received my Over-the-air map update on 5/15. However, that only included TN, along with KY, & Ohio. I'm trying to perform a map download to a thumb drive and then install the update in the vehicle. As I said, I did this in Dec 2022 with no issues. This time I can't even get to the web page where you select the maps to download. BTW, I'm doing this in my office where my laptop is plugged into our network and we have 300/300 speed fiber internet.

As an aside, you mention Carlinkit. While I haven't tried it on the GLS, I had one of their devices that I used in my 2020 Acura MDX, and it works great on the 2022 Honda Ridgeline truck I recently purchased.
Old 06-05-2024, 09:26 AM

'23 GLS450
A little more background.......I'm in Tennessee and received my Over-the-air map update on 5/15. However, that only included TN, along with KY, & Ohio. I'm trying to perform a map download to a thumb drive and then install the update in the vehicle. As I said, I did this in Dec 2022 with no issues. This time I can't even get to the web page where you select the maps to download. BTW, I'm doing this in my office where my laptop is plugged into our network and we have 300/300 speed fiber internet.

As an aside, you mention Carlinkit. While I haven't tried it on the GLS, I had one of their devices that I used in my 2020 Acura MDX, and it works great on the 2022 Honda Ridgeline truck I recently purchased.
I've only ever downloaded regional maps OTA and never the larger coverage maps you're trying to get via USB. Is it possible policies have changed since end of 2022 where only the dealer can do the big download? It has been a while since you attempted this...
Old 06-05-2024, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,598 Likes on 1,176 Posts
'21 AMG53 wDPP & ARC, 19 GLC300 - Former- 10&14 ML BlueTecs, 20 GLE450 E-ABC, 15 Cayenne D, 17 Macan

Notice that the last line in the screenshot ends with "NO_VIN."
There was another thread here that gave the correct link with their VIN filled in.
I used it and found that the "technical reason" was "NO_VIN." Fixed it.
I'll try to find the post.
Old 06-05-2024, 04:19 PM

Got it....Don't know what the issue is with going thru the Dashboard/Manage Digital Extras/Online Map Update from the Mercedes Me Connect website? I called customer service again and issue was re-escalated.

However, I started going thru my account on the website and saw the Message from 5/9 letting me know that map updates were available. Message said my "home region" would automatically be updated over the air (and it was on 5/15), and if I wanted more regions I could follow the link provided. I clicked on that link and the Online Map Update page opened right up. Selected the regions I wanted, plugged in the thumb drive, downloaded and installed the Mercedes Me Download Manager, and let it do its job. I downloaded the continental 48 states and it took about 20 minutes. The first time I updated, I clicked on Entire Map that included Canada and Mexico, and took nearly an hour to download. Now just need to update vehicle. Thanks for input.
The following users liked this post:
Daromo (06-12-2024)