GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

2022 GLS 450. “AC 913 - Air conditioning preinstallation for hot countries

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 742 Likes on 480 Posts
Current/Last 5-years: GLS,X5,Tesla,Accord; Sold:S560;S550,2x X7; X5;BMW 530e;Lincoln Navigator;LS460
Originally Posted by wildta
Thanks. I don't need to activate mine as my AC gets ice cold very quickly here in SoCal. I was more curious about this hot climates AC and whether most cars have this option code but it might only be activated by software in certain regions of the world like the middle east.
According to my dealer, ALL MBENS GLS SOLD IN THE US come standard with this encoded *turned on". To confirm, just use any of the Mbenz vin decoding free website and you should see option 913 listed.

Also, from what I am seeing, it was listed for all cars in the US when I was shopping for one. I have not came across one car that did not have that, which aligns with what my dealer said, but would be curious if others can check then vin decoding to confirm. US is considered a hot climate country. This is also true for BMW cars, they are all produced with the hot climate spec for cars in the US and same for some cars in the middle east area. I think in certain countries that are exceptionally cold that would be the only case where that is the case, and even then, I would not recommend to turn on if you are in a cold climate area. Sounds like it adjusted something related to your fan and engine fan speed or timing, am not sure.
The following 2 users liked this post by S_W222:
mikapen (Yesterday), wildta (Yesterday)