GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

2020 GLS 450 Mirror tap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2024 | 12:10 PM

2020 GLS450
2020 GLS 450 Mirror tap

I'm new to this forum and have been reading about the mirror tap for powering my radar detector. I went through the process and was able to get to the plug for the mirror under the console. Thought I was doing great! The radar detector powered on and worked well until I noticed it doesn't power off IF and only IF I leave the doors unlocked. Normally I lock the car when I'm out and about but not when I pull into the garage. I think I saw someone post there was some kind of 2020 refresh?? What does this mean and why would the mirror tap stay powered on only when the doors are unlocked? Is there any other place to tap into in the above console area that is switched off when exiting the car? I will provide a picture of what I tapped into...
Thanks in advance!

I used green for positive and brown for negative
Old 10-16-2024 | 06:47 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

bone stock E55 AMG
moved to X167 forum...
Old Yesterday | 04:21 PM

GL350 Bluetec and GLS580
Just last night I hardwired mine. Each GL, ML, GLS I've tapped into I've had to tap into a constant-on line though. However, after driving around today, I believe I should have tried to tap into the sunroof power since that is only on when the vehicle is in the first or 2nd ignition position.

Originally Posted by jtodd76
I'm new to this forum and have been reading about the mirror tap for powering my radar detector. I went through the process and was able to get to the plug for the mirror under the console. Thought I was doing great! The radar detector powered on and worked well until I noticed it doesn't power off IF and only IF I leave the doors unlocked. Normally I lock the car when I'm out and about but not when I pull into the garage. I think I saw someone post there was some kind of 2020 refresh?? What does this mean and why would the mirror tap stay powered on only when the doors are unlocked? Is there any other place to tap into in the above console area that is switched off when exiting the car? I will provide a picture of what I tapped into...
Thanks in advance!

I used green for positive and brown for negative

Last edited by DC-BENZ; Yesterday at 04:24 PM.