Interior Parts The archived forum for Mercedes interior parts for sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: W210-W208 Euro Command and TV Tuner!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'04 Silverado Z71 - sold all my Benzes and need another!
FS: W210-W208 Euro Command and TV Tuner!

Hello all. I have a Euro Command and TV Tuner (rare) that originally came from Steve (MBenzNL) that I purchased for my previous W210 E55 that I never got around to installing. These came out of another member's W210 that I saw in perfect working condition. The Euro Command and Tuner are in excellent condition and the Command has DVD Go enabled. I only have the Euro Command, TV Tuner and some type of tuner bracket that mounts in the trunk from what I understand but I never tried it to see where it fits. I don't have the dash mounting bracket/cage or any cables to install this so you should ask Steve or Wanda for details. The part numbers are visible in the pics. below for your reference. I'm open to all serious offers via PM and no lowball offers please. You may check with Steve or Wanda if you want the going rate on what it would cost to these types of parts buy from them (www.mbenznl.nl) and place your offers accordingly. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

Old 07-11-2008, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk320
Jimmy whats up man. The site isnt working. What area were you looking and does it play dvd through the slot
Old 07-11-2008, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sobtypes@aol.co
Jimmy whats up man. The site isnt working. What area were you looking and does it play dvd through the slot
I technically have it sold but I haven't been fully paid yet; just a deposit. If you're interested and we make a deal I can refund the money to the buyer and sell it to you. I got $500 for it, what do you think???

Yes, it does play DVD in the slot and also while in motion! You can also watch TV with the included TV Tuner. Let me know...
Old 07-12-2008, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
I might be interested in the TV turner.
Should it be in the trunk?
Should the wires be run?
Old 07-14-2008, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ben'z
I might be interested in the TV turner.
Should it be in the trunk?
Should the wires be run?
Yes and yes. Please let me know...thanks...
Old 07-14-2008, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
500E Signal Rot
Umm, just a FYI, this item does NOT play DVD's, only CD's. To watch a DVD, you need a DVD player/changer, connected to AV1 or AV2 of the TV tuner.

I have the same setup and use a 6 disc DVD changer connected to AV1 and my Ipod video connected to AV2.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 2PHAST
Umm, just a FYI, this item does NOT play DVD's, only CD's. To watch a DVD, you need a DVD player/changer, connected to AV1 or AV2 of the TV tuner.

I have the same setup and use a 6 disc DVD changer connected to AV1 and my Ipod video connected to AV2.
Are you sure??? According to the specs. from MBenzNL on the Euro Command it does play DVD and in motion too!
Old 07-14-2008, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E320CDI, CLK55, and a Smart
Originally Posted by jimmydagreek
Are you sure??? According to the specs. from MBenzNL on the Euro Command it does play DVD and in motion too!

The Euro Comand 2.0 does not play DVD. You would have to use the aux video line in on the TV tuner and install an aftermarket DVD player.

Also keep in mind that the TV tuner is analog, meaning that in Feb. 2009, broadcasters will be only broadcasting digital signals. This would render your tv tuner useless, unless you get a digital convertor.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Dan ****
The Euro Comand 2.0 does not play DVD. You would have to use the aux video line in on the TV tuner and install an aftermarket DVD player.

Also keep in mind that the TV tuner is analog, meaning that in Feb. 2009, broadcasters will be only broadcasting digital signals. This would render your tv tuner useless, unless you get a digital convertor.
Hmmm, interesting info. I'm going to shoot Steve an e-mail and get the lowdown and also get a digital converter. Thanks...
Old 07-15-2008, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

500E Signal Rot
The euro TV tuner is PAL anyway, so regardless of analog broadcasts, it does not work in the US. The only value is the addition of the AV1 and AV2 audio/video inputs. You can also use one of the AV inputs for a US specification TV tuner and one for a DVD player if you want. There are many options, I even have a backup camera connected (through the aux input of my DVD changer)

I am abosolutely "sure" of my statements, like I said, I have the exact same setup in my CLK, so I know exactly what it will do and what it will not.

The "in motion" refers to the ability of the Comand to continue to play a signal through the TV input while the vehicle is moving, it needs to be programmed for this and that is what Steve does on all his units.

This setup is the best OE setup you can put into a 2000-2002 Mercedes (select models of course) and when combined with a proper bluetooth phone setup and DVD player, its a complete solution.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The euro TV tuner is PAL anyway, so regardless of analog broadcasts, it does not work in the US. The only value is the addition of the AV1 and AV2 audio/video inputs. You can also use one of the AV inputs for a US specification TV tuner and one for a DVD player if you want. There are many options, I even have a backup camera connected (through the aux input of my DVD changer)

I am abosolutely "sure" of my statements, like I said, I have the exact same setup in my CLK, so I know exactly what it will do and what it will not.

The "in motion" refers to the ability of the Comand to continue to play a signal through the TV input while the vehicle is moving, it needs to be programmed for this and that is what Steve does on all his units.

This setup is the best OE setup you can put into a 2000-2002 Mercedes (select models of course) and when combined with a proper bluetooth phone setup and DVD player, its a complete solution.
Thanks for the info. I'm going to see when one of my buddy's has a chance so I can hook this thing up and see what it really does. I never had the chance to explore the options before it was yanked out of my other friend's W210 wagon but I did see the TV Tuner working while driving and that was pretty cool!
Old 07-15-2008, 06:45 PM

Tesla Roadster Sport
It is pretty much useless to get a generic dvd player, when you can purchase the Comand Controllable DVD Players that allow you to control the DVD player with your steering wheel controls or Comand unit. It pretty much allows you to play dvd's on the COMAND via the normal radio and keypad buttons. You can also play mp3's and songs loaded on USB sticks or USB hard disks.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

500E Signal Rot
Originally Posted by husk323
It is pretty much useless to get a generic dvd player, when you can purchase the Comand Controllable DVD Players that allow you to control the DVD player with your steering wheel controls or Comand unit. It pretty much allows you to play dvd's on the COMAND via the normal radio and keypad buttons. You can also play mp3's and songs loaded on USB sticks or USB hard disks.
I don't believe this is compatible with these older Comand units, as I have never seen or heard of these being available. If you have additional information to the contrary, please share.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My Euro TV tuner that I bought from MbenzNL accepts NTSC signals and it works perfectly here in the US (for now at least).
Old 07-15-2008, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

500E Signal Rot
How? The TV tuner (made by Becker) was never offered in the US, so they never made a NTSC compatible version. I know that there are PAL and SECAM units made, none with NTSC, verifed by the MB EPC. Maybe you have something different than a factory MB TV tuner? (Megacomm or a add on tuner like the Alpine)

The MB TV tuner does accept NTSC video signals and I know some of the lit on these tuners says PAL/NTSC compatible, but it is not referring to the actual TV tuner section, only the AV inputs.

Last edited by 2PHAST; 07-15-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:22 AM

Tesla Roadster Sport
I don't believe this is compatible with these older Comand units, as I have never seen or heard of these being available. If you have additional information to the contrary, please share.

I have this in my car and it works great:

Here is my thread

https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-electronics/160460-just-installed-comand-2-0-controllable-dvd-player.html

Let me know if you need any further info.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

How? The TV tuner (made by Becker) was never offered in the US, so they never made a NTSC compatible version. I know that there are PAL and SECAM units made, none with NTSC, verifed by the MB EPC. Maybe you have something different than a factory MB TV tuner? (Megacomm or a add on tuner like the Alpine)

The MB TV tuner does accept NTSC video signals and I know some of the lit on these tuners says PAL/NTSC compatible, but it is not referring to the actual TV tuner section, only the AV inputs.
I bought the OEM TV tuner from Steve. I get all the major channels and not the UHF ones. I get NBC, FOX, CBS, ABC, etc. If you look at the MB EPC you'll find a NTSC version, but make sure the MB EPC you're looking at is a worldwide version, because the US MB EPC does not show this tuner.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So, is anyone interested, lol???
Old 07-16-2008, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

500E Signal Rot
Originally Posted by husk323
I have this in my car and it works great:

Here is my thread

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=160460

Let me know if you need any further info.
Interesting solution, thanks for sharing.

Sorry we hijacked your thread Jimmy, but at least your getting free bumps
Old 07-17-2008, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Interesting solution, thanks for sharing.

Sorry we hijacked your thread Jimmy, but at least your getting free bumps
I'm usually the first to say something about hijacking and crap but this is usefull info. and I have to know what this thing does before I sell it, right? LOL...thanks for all the info. guys!
Old 07-18-2008, 03:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
I am sorry, Jimmy.
I am afraid that I have no ability to run the wires.
Maybe I should ask help from Steve.

Originally Posted by jimmydagreek
Yes and yes. Please let me know...thanks...
Old 07-18-2008, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ben'z
I am sorry, Jimmy.
I am afraid that I have no ability to run the wires.
Maybe I should ask help from Steve.
Yes, definately ask him!