Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

2001 C240 vs LS400

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
2001 C240 vs LS400

Yesterday I was coming home at around 12am and when I entered the 118 fwy I floored it from a dead stop. I knew my friend out take me if I didnt so I entered the fwy as fast as my car would go. My friend is in a Integra GSR fully built with LS/VTEC. Anyways, as I enter with him on my butt I was going about 80mph. On the far left lane I see a car punch it right after us. My friend let off the gas since he figured we would just cruise. Well, after seeing the Lexus going for it I did not let off the throttle. I redlined every gear including 5th and was ahead of the Lexus and pulling when I went into 6th. I slowed down after 135mph. We ran 3 times and what I can say is that the Lexus is faster than my car from 70-100 (i think) but from 100 and on I pull away. It was very funny racing a LS400. Actually in the begining I had no clue what I was racing. My friend called me and asked me if I won and what the other car was. He said when he realized we were racing we were too far ahead.

Does anyone know the stats on how fast a LS400 is onthe fwy and its topend? Just wondering.
Old 06-13-2002, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 350 '05
i have no clue on the stats of the LS400

my family has the 96' LS400 lying around..getting ready to be traded for the E500

maybe it was a later model of the LS b/c the one we own is VERY VERY VERY sssslllloooowwww......even when you push it hard, the rpm needle just rises slowly and you don't feel much difference or see much difference on the Speedo. the Gearbox from Lexus is no where near the one in my Mercedes, the mb is much smoother, and will hold higher rpms.

i'm very surprised to hear the LS could actually race..haha..i wouldn't have done it if i were in the LS..i'd probably lose to Civics. but obviously, we're talking about different LS models because i don't believe that the car is fast at all, and yours sounded pretty fast.

Juke
Old 06-14-2002, 04:03 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
LS400 is a tank...no doubt you can take him. damn japanese toyota V8 don't have anything other than their overrated hps.
Old 06-15-2002, 03:42 AM
av2

C32 AMG
My friend had an LS400 back in 95. The car is pretty quick. I remember the quarter mile run is around 15.5 sec, which is faster than the C240. He did a freeway chase with an older model Prelude VETC (1/4 mile: 15.1 sec). The Lexus hanged with him on the freeway. He later tested with his own Integra GSR on the freeway too with his brother driving the Lexus. The Lexus beat the GSR from 100mph and up. It's fairly quick at high speed. Therefore, I think the Lexus on your "kill list" probably just wanted to have some fun, but decided not to go too crazy in going excess of 100mph. Never the less, the guy has no ***** even if he had the right weapon. Nice kill for the C240!

About Frank's comments about Toyota V8s. Toyota makes very fast cars. To list some of them: Lexus GS430, SC430, Toyota Supra TT, and the MR-2 Turbo. A twin turbo Supra with just BPU can have your *** handed to you in your C32, and it's not even a V8, but an I-6.
Old 06-15-2002, 05:12 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by av2
My friend had an LS400 back in 95. The car is pretty quick. I remember the quarter mile run is around 15.5 sec, which is faster than the C240. He did a freeway chase with an older model Prelude VETC (1/4 mile: 15.1 sec). The Lexus hanged with him on the freeway. He later tested with his own Integra GSR on the freeway too with his brother driving the Lexus. The Lexus beat the GSR from 100mph and up. It's fairly quick at high speed. Therefore, I think the Lexus on your "kill list" probably just wanted to have some fun, but decided not to go too crazy in going excess of 100mph. Never the less, the guy has no ***** even if he had the right weapon. Nice kill for the C240!

About Frank's comments about Toyota V8s. Toyota makes very fast cars. To list some of them: Lexus GS430, SC430, Toyota Supra TT, and the MR-2 Turbo. A twin turbo Supra with just BPU can have your *** handed to you in your C32, and it's not even a V8, but an I-6.
and yeah...WITH BPU!! most of the japanese top of the line sports car with modification will kick the C32's *** no doubt.....relaxe man....didn't you see the smilies...

i had drove the SC430 for test drive the car is quicker than most cars but not as solid as the CLK430 in build quality. the response of the SC430 on the road feels like the driver has no connection with the car. the SC430 only looks good. as for GS430, i admitt they are pretty fast but doesn't hold a candle compare to the 540i sport in quality and the feel of solidness most of the time magazine have tested the GS430 to be slower than the claimed 0-60 time by toyota, but for the money and the somehow relatively "high" resale value i would get the GS430 too, but definitely not the SC430. Still i perfer German, italian, and british ways of engineering better with the exception of Nissan/Infinity.

BTW he was already going about 80 mph. the quarter mile time is useless in this situation. just read the new issue of the Automobile mag. the SL55 AMG beat every other supercar from accelerating at any going speed and the SL55 is not the fastest to the quarter mile.

BTW av2, we need more picture from ppl who own C32 in the C32 forum. care to share a picture of your C32? thanks

Last edited by FrankW; 06-15-2002 at 05:15 AM.
Old 06-15-2002, 05:12 PM

Lexus GS 450h
Hey folks! Depends what year LS 400, I'll give ya something brief...

89-94 gen 1 250hp and torque
95-97 gen 2 260hp and torque
98-00 gen 2 290hp and 300lbs torque, 5 speed auto.

difference is VVT-i was added on 98+ engines.

V-8s are a beast at speed. 98+ models usually surprise folks cause it's a 'Lexus"

Old 06-17-2002, 11:29 AM
av2

C32 AMG
Hey Frank,
Sorry that I sounded so serious. I guess I forgot to put happy faces on my post. I used to own a Supra NA, and my friend owns a 700hp plus Supra with the largest HKS ball bearing turbos I've ever seem, and I know the power of that thing can put almost anything to shame.

I will post my C32 on the picture thread when I get a chance. Did you buy your C32 from Andrew Lian at the House? If you did, I've sat in your car before you picked it up at the dealership. Small world, yet I know.
Old 06-18-2002, 04:19 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally posted by av2
Hey Frank,
Sorry that I sounded so serious. I guess I forgot to put happy faces on my post. I used to own a Supra NA, and my friend owns a 700hp plus Supra with the largest HKS ball bearing turbos I've ever seem, and I know the power of that thing can put almost anything to shame.

I will post my C32 on the picture thread when I get a chance. Did you buy your C32 from Andrew Lian at the House? If you did, I've sat in your car before you picked it up at the dealership. Small world, yet I know.
yeah...small world eh...i did get my car from Andrew...i think mine was the only black one he had sold from HOI...

BTW how do you like my charcoal/merlot interior?...lol
Old 06-18-2002, 11:10 AM
av2

C32 AMG
Smile

Hi Frank,
Your car looks sweet. Andrew showed me the interior fuctions of the C32 using your car because mine was on the way from San Deigo, and it was around 5:30pm. I remembered your car was almost fully loaded. Always, nice car!
Old 06-18-2002, 11:20 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Smile

av2:

yeah...my car is ALMOST fullyloaded...i couldn't get the COMMAND in time. when i try to add the COMMAND option the car was already in the production. I was going to drop the ski sack and get the COMMMAND. anyway...cheers...