Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

"Corvette Crusher"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ex-C32
"Corvette Crusher"

I was sitting in line for tech inspection at Akron Sports Car Club(Goodyear) autocross and a guy walks up to the C32 and says so this it the Corvette Crusher. I just laugh give a humble reply like "it holds it's own". The fellow actually tried talking the wife into a C32 but settled on a C320. I bet he will give his wife an earful when he gets home.
Well I proved the C32's new nickname by beating a C4 Vette by about a second and winning the class(SS). He was on street tires and I was on Kumho V700. He was open in his competitivness waiting in the staging lanes as we were comparing times. Which I find some Vette owners need the chip on their shoulder readjusted, this guy was pretty cool. After the 4th run(of five) of trying to get his time near mine he said that he could get no closer and was going out on the last run to have fun. I should start putting start putting little Corvette symbols with an "X" through them on the air filter housing or something.

Many compliments from drivers and spectators as this is the first time at this parking lot even though it is in Akron just like the NEOhio which is held a couple of miles down the road Firestone parking lot. Even the owner of the Boxster(not an "S") that runs blazing times in AS asked the horsepower of the C32.

To top off the evening I was in the driveway of a friends BS'ing near the car and a silver car goes buy slowly and revs it engine. My friend asks what is going on as I look to the street to see a E36 M3 rolling along about 10 MPH under the speed limit and the driver giving us thumbs up. I just return the thumbs up and explain in some detail about the M3/C32 diatribe.

Results of Akron Autocross 6/16:
http://www.autox.net/autocross.asp

Norm