Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

E55 Vs. E60 M5 Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Altima
Originally Posted by MBAMGPWR
I think it's going to be pointless to try and prove a point against someone who doesn't know his cars, but oh well.

The E55 comes from the factory with a supercharger. The 00-03 M5 did not, it's that simple. If they wanted to S/C the new M5, they would have. Instead, they gave it a V10 to complete with the V8 S/C that the E55 has. So, your comparison isn't correct. Get it? Oh well, probably not...
I agree, but to give the Bimmer props its engine did win 3 awards including Best Engine 5.0L-6.0L and Best New Engine. Everybody has videos of the new M5 beating an E55 but all of the car magazines get faster 1/4 mile and 0-60 times for the E55. Anybody know why these results are so different?

Last edited by LoverNotAnOwner; 06-15-2005 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:37 PM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
Originally Posted by LoverNotAnOwner
.............. but all of the car magazines get faster 1/4 mile and 0-60 times for the E55. Anybody know why these results are so different?

I was not aware that anyone had tested the E55 faster in the 0-60 or the 1/4.

As far as I know, no US mag has tested the M5 yet, aint that right ?

So only thing I have to judge by is what the Euro mags has got, and ther is no question that the M5 get better result, not by much but still faster by a few tents.

The 1/4 times is a puzzle. Every sinlge US time I see ( or almost ) is faster than what we get from Euro mags.

1. I have been told that the Euro test procedures start the timing as soon as the wheels move, NOT when it break the beam. I have no clue how much difference that make, if any at all.

2.Euro mags use normal roads or track to test performance, 2 persons in the car and I think full tank of gas.( not sure ) I though US mags normaly use special 1/4 track, but was told that was wrong.

So basially I have no clue why you get better times than what is normal in Europe. I am just guessing.

Its more or less pointless and dicuss what car is fastest in the 0-60, this sprint is sp short and very traction limited, more interessting is the 0-125 or even higher 0-155 mph. Its only at higher speeds this fast cars are really separating.

I belive I have seen 0-155 mph at app 20-21 sec for the M5, have no clue what the E55 will do.

As a side note, IF the E55 will beat the M5 to the 1/4 mark, it could do so because it wil win the first couple of meters.

I have tryed the M5`s launch control once only so my experience is slim but.... at takeoff my first though was that, this was not the brutal start I had expected. That though lasted only for a few tenth of a second and ended suddenly when all hell broke loose and the car took of like a bat out of hell and went thrue the gears like nothing I have ever experienced before.
So if my impressions of the start is correct, it was like the car was "feeling" out the traction before it applied max power.
Maybe and only maybe the benz would be able take off the first meters faster, but since i have never driven a E55 its only a guess.
But honestly I doubt the E55 will beat the M5 to the 1/4 mark, it will definatly have lower trap speed.
We will see soon enough I guess.

Last edited by Erik; 06-15-2005 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
BMW can have their fun now, wait until the 6.3 liter comes out!!!
Yup.....it's like the ole Iraqi Republican Guard shaking their fists in victory at the B52's......til the MOAB drops out.

6.3 will set everything straight again.....til then just another 6 or 7 months of this crap.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Yup.....it's like the ole Iraqi Republican Guard shaking their fists in victory at the B52's......til the MOAB drops out.

6.3 will set everything straight again.....til then just another 6 or 7 months of this crap.

You would walk away from the new M5 with very little effort in your car. It will be very hard for the new M5 to get close to 600HP, let alone over
Old 06-17-2005, 11:47 AM

From my fresh July copy of Automobile magazine is a quick excerpt within the new M6 review, goes for M5's too. Very funny:

"Techno Overkill
Or: How to launch a BMW M6(M5).

-Access the iDrive menu, search for the M Drive setting, and dial it in at S6. (This takes a while.)
-Then press the Power button and disable the skid-control system.
-Hold the shift lever forward. Press the accelerator pedal to the floor, hold it down, and do not release. The engine then decides on the optimum revs for a launch... right around the 4000rpm mark.
-Then release the shift lever.
-Whammo, the perfect launch.
-If you want to do it again, you have to drive 2.5 miles before the system will allow you to re-engage." pg88

So, next time you see a M5 at the light and are interested in racing, be sure to tell him first, then give him 1 full series of traffic light changes to get everything set. Simply ignore the honking cars behind you and tell them the importantness of why they are waiting for the next green... If he loses for some reason or you want to race him again, just follow him 2.5 miles or 3 city blocks so he can re-calibrate.

Last edited by EuroCoupe; 06-17-2005 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:31 PM

2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3
M5's quoted manufacturer times are published without using launch control by the way

That's why Euro mags are getting low 4 second 0-62 times using launch control
Old 06-18-2005, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by EuroCoupe
From my fresh July copy of Automobile magazine is a quick excerpt within the new M6 review, goes for M5's too. Very funny:

"Techno Overkill
Or: How to launch a BMW M6(M5).

-Access the iDrive menu, search for the M Drive setting, and dial it in at S6. (This takes a while.)
-Then press the Power button and disable the skid-control system.
-Hold the shift lever forward. Press the accelerator pedal to the floor, hold it down, and do not release. The engine then decides on the optimum revs for a launch... right around the 4000rpm mark.
-Then release the shift lever.
-Whammo, the perfect launch.
-If you want to do it again, you have to drive 2.5 miles before the system will allow you to re-engage." pg88

So, next time you see a M5 at the light and are interested in racing, be sure to tell him first, then give him 1 full series of traffic light changes to get everything set. Simply ignore the honking cars behind you and tell them the importantness of why they are waiting for the next green... If he loses for some reason or you want to race him again, just follow him 2.5 miles or 3 city blocks so he can re-calibrate.

To get into M mode and LC start, it can take only a push of a button. You do NOT have to go into I drive. The only thing you need to acces the Idrive for is to program you favorite program to be accesed by the M button. That is done only once, after that the only thing you do is to hit the M Sport button on your stering wheel and off you go.

You description of the Launch it selves are correct.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by M&M's alter ego and fellow BMW shill
M5's quoted manufacturer times are published without using launch control by the way
Can you prove this?

Btw, BMW and Mercedes both are well known for using conservative acceleration numbers.

Originally Posted by M&M's alter ego and fellow BMW shill
That's why Euro mags are getting low 4 second 0-62 times using launch control
Correction, troll: yhey're getting *mid* 4 seconds 0-62 times using launch control, the same times they've been getting in the E55.
Old 06-18-2005, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Improviz, The Google flyweight champ

Can you prove this?
I try to find the info, LC vs non LC has been compared, and the times achieved without LC was very very close to what BMW use as manufactor claim.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:28 PM

2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3
I never said the E55 wasn't getting those times, but thanks for shoving it down my throat.

I've read it in a few thread on the M5board, from people who actually own the car. Local magazines here have tested 0-100 times of 4.7 by using left foot braking

I can't wait for the flood of useless information about posting history and credibility about to be thrown my way.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Erik, the worthless BMW shill
I try to find the info, LC vs non LC has been compared, and the times achieved without LC was very very close to what BMW use as manufactor claim.
I'll look forward to seeing it, every bit as much as I look forward to seeing all of the useless drivel you enjoy posting here.

What I wonder is where you find the time, in between jerkoff sessions to Roundel mags, to post your drivel.

You're nothing but a punk and a troll. If you think BMW is so superior to Mercedes, fine. That's your opinion; obviously, it isn't ours, or we'd have bought one and had money to spare. But you know that, and obviously aren't here for any other reason than pollute our boards. You are an irritant, a fly at a picnic, a stupid worthless piece of Eurotrash, nothing more.

People like you disgust me. It's not enough for you to enjoy your own car; oh, no, you have to go to the forums of competing brands and make it your mission in life to try and **** people off, for no other reason than they did not make the same subjective car purchase decision that you did. In your perfect world, every one would think the same, be the same, act the same, and purchase the same cars. What monumental arrogance it must take to act like such a total jerk and make a hobby out of constantly trying to rain on others' parades, to spoil their parties, to **** on their birthday cakes--all because you simply cannot stand anyone choosing a different brand than you, Erik the Great, King of the Arrogant *******s and self-proclaimed Protector of BMWs everywhere.

What an absolutely worthless, meaningless endeavor, every bit as worthless and meaningless as the person who perpetrates it.

Last edited by Improviz; 06-19-2005 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by SoulBladeZA
I never said the E55 wasn't getting those times, but thanks for shoving it down my throat.
No, but you did say that the M5 has been tested in the LOW 4's which is inaccurate, not the MID 4's, which is accurate.

I've read it in a few thread on the M5board, from people who actually own the car.
Oh, well it must be true, then...I'm sure these folks all own GPS and/or third wheel optical test equipment to verify these times...so we can all ignore the mag tests, eh?

Any results from a 1/4 mile track?

Local magazines here have tested 0-100 times of 4.7 by using left foot braking

I can't wait for the flood of useless information about posting history and credibility about to be thrown my way.
No need...pretty easy to see that you're here to stir ill will, talk up BMW, and talk down Mercedes. Another cog in BMW's Internet negative-ad campaign that our moderators do nothing to stem.

PS: might you be so kind as to post some photos of these cars you claim to own? I'm dying to see them...

Last edited by Improviz; 06-19-2005 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Improviz
I'll look forward to seeing it, every bit as much as I look forward to seeing all of the useless drivel you enjoy posting here.

What I wonder is where you find the time, in between jerkoff sessions to Roundel mags, to post your drivel.

You're nothing but a punk and a troll. If you think BMW is so superior to Mercedes, fine. That's your opinion; obviously, it isn't ours, or we'd have bought one and had money to spare. But you know that, and obviously aren't here for any other reason than pollute our boards. You are an irritant, a fly at a picnic, a stupid worthless piece of Eurotrash, nothing more.

People like you disgust me. It's not enough for you to enjoy your own car; oh, no, you have to go to the forums of competing brands and make it your mission in life to try and **** people off, for no other reason than they did not make the same subjective car purchase decision that you did. In your perfect world, every one would think the same, be the same, act the same, and purchase the same cars. What monumental arrogance it must take to act like such a total jerk and make a hobby out of constantly trying to rain on others' parades, to spoil their parties, to **** on their birthday cakes--all because you simply cannot stand anyone choosing a different brand than you, Erik the Great, King of the Arrogant *******s and self-proclaimed Protector of BMWs everywhere.

What an absolutely worthless, meaningless endeavor, every bit as worthless and meaningless as the person who perpetrates it.

WHAT ????????????????? Are you actuall responding to me in that reply or have you just messed up you thread........

If it is meant for me, it is totaly uncalled for, unless you are just giving us a demonstration on your writing capabilities.
I have never been pissing on you brand, nor have I tryed to spoil any parties or been rude and started any namecalling.

So what made you so pissed today, I can only speculate, but this post does say more about you than of me Impro.

And if you really mean this, then something must be wrong with you?

( NB You are not pissed because I made a "joke" in your quote line, about the google flyweight thing.....)
Old 06-20-2005, 03:29 AM

Too Young To Drive

I honestly have no idea why you are insulted. All Erik has done is provided factual, unbiased information on the BMW M5; none of his posts have implied "YOUR CAR SUCKS" although you seem to convince yourself that they do. I don't believe Erik is biased towards either BMW or MB, as far as I am aware, Erik really is an Audi guy.

"People like you disgust me."
"What monumental arrogance it must take to act like such a total jerk and make a hobby out of constantly trying to rain on others' parades, to spoil their parties"
"...you have to go to the forums of competing brands and make it your mission in life to try and **** people off"

Wasn't it you that decided to join the M5board and "spoil their parties"?
Old 06-20-2005, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by dNA3D
I honestly have no idea why you are insulted. All Erik has done is provided factual, unbiased information on the BMW M5; none of his posts have implied "YOUR CAR SUCKS" although you seem to convince yourself that they do. I don't believe Erik is biased towards either BMW or MB, as far as I am aware, Erik really is an Audi guy.

"People like you disgust me."
"What monumental arrogance it must take to act like such a total jerk and make a hobby out of constantly trying to rain on others' parades, to spoil their parties"
"...you have to go to the forums of competing brands and make it your mission in life to try and **** people off"

Hi thanks for your support

But I have a feeling that you gets me confused with another Erik or Eric.
It seems to be 2 different Eriks that are beeing refered to on this board.

One that was involved at the Swedish Airfield event with the M5-E55- Gallardo runs, and then you have me.
I have NOT in any way insulted anyone here or you brand.
I have tried to be polite and contributet with info, and some corrections where it have been needed.

Actually I have no idea what made Impro go ballistic........ , well thats his problem.

and psssst dNA3D......., I am a BMW guy. :p
Old 06-20-2005, 08:16 AM

2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3
Sure Improviz. Any tokens you want in the picture? Just to prove I didn't google them.

By the way, my family on both sides are actually merc nuts, only my father and I are more inclined to BMW, due to our driving styles most propably. I actually enjoy being IN the merc more, but DRIVING the BMW is better for me, if that makes sense to you.

Your attacks on Erik were largely uncalled for. I have some pictures on my PC I can post now, but I'll wait for your reply before I post them
Old 06-20-2005, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Erik
WHAT ????????????????? Are you actuall responding to me in that reply or have you just messed up you thread........

If it is meant for me, it is totaly uncalled for, unless you are just giving us a demonstration on your writing capabilities.
I have never been pissing on you brand, nor have I tryed to spoil any parties or been rude and started any namecalling.

So what made you so pissed today, I can only speculate, but this post does say more about you than of me Impro.

And if you really mean this, then something must be wrong with you?

( NB You are not pissed because I made a "joke" in your quote line, about the google flyweight thing.....)
No, I'm sick of your constant shilling for BMW. This is a Mercedes board, not a BMW board, and it seems as though all you've been doing lately is coming in and inundating us with test data about the new M5. Well, thank you very little....is there some reason for your doing this that you happen to think is constructive? Because I certainly don't see any constructive purpose in it.

Why are you making it your mission in life to constantly, for months now, come to these forums and talk up a competing brand, Erik? What is it exactly that you hope to accomplish, assuming just for one brief moment that you're honestly not here to stir things up?
Old 06-20-2005, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Sure Improviz. Any tokens you want in the picture? Just to prove I didn't google them.
Sure: how about a photo of you jerking off to Roundel magazine?

By the way, my family on both sides are actually merc nuts, only my father and I are more inclined to BMW, due to our driving styles most propably. I actually enjoy being IN the merc more, but DRIVING the BMW is better for me, if that makes sense to you.
Sort of like you prefer TROLLING here and constantly badgering us about how GREAT you think the new M5 is rather than POSTING IN A BMW FORUM, right?

Your attacks on Erik were largely uncalled for.
Coming as it does from someone who even more energetically engages in BMW shilling and Mercedes bashing than does Erik, I shall take this with a shaker full of salt. You guys are rude and inconsiderate for wasting our bandwidth on your little anti-Mercedes, pro-BMW campaign, and that's that. I mean, once in a while is one thing, but day in, day out...wtf is wrong with you people? Are you really so bloody insecure about your cars that you get some sort of odd thrill out of badgering people who like to drive other brands about their subjective likes and dislikes?

What sort of bizarre, perverse sense of satisfaction do you get in coming to a Mercedes forum and ****ting on Mercedes? I'll tell you, I have seen some socially depraved people in my time, but you losers take the cake. Ab-so-lutely fargin' pathetic.

I have some pictures on my PC I can post now, but I'll wait for your reply before I post them
Sure, sweetie...first, a few questions: you claim to have an SLK55, right? And you're in South Africa? Where, exactly?
Old 06-20-2005, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Then I would suggest you spend a bit of time actually reading his posts.

Um, no. I saw a ridiculous race story, one time, and posted a challenge for the guy to show up and run. It's been months since I posted on any BMW board. These guys have been coming here, continuously, for months, in some cases years, engaging in behavior which would have gotten me banned from any reputable BMW board years ago.

But our moderators seem to have trouble grasping the concept that "freedom of speech" and "inciteful behavior" are not one and the same, and so they, alone amongst all other brands that I've been able to find, allow this to continue unchecked. Isn't idealism wonderful?
Old 06-21-2005, 05:08 AM

Are you really so bloody insecure about your cars that you get some sort of odd thrill out of badgering people who like to drive other brands about their subjective likes and dislikes?

What sort of bizarre, perverse sense of satisfaction do you get in coming to a Mercedes forum and ****ting on Mercedes? I'll tell you, I have seen some socially depraved people in my time, but you losers take the cake. Ab-so-lutely fargin' pathetic.
LOL Impro, you call me insecure. I cant think of anyone here, with maybe a few exceptions that fit that description better than yourselves.

By your last post you totaly proved for the complete MB comunity that you are a total joke.

These guys have been coming here, continuously, for months, in some cases years, engaging in behavior which would have gotten me banned from any reputable BMW board years ago.
Please tell me where I have been engaging in behavior as you describe.....

In your perfect world, every one would think the same, be the same, act the same, and purchase the same cars.
No thats obviously your dreamworld, why else should you make a totaly fool of your selves when anyone voice other opinions than yourselves.

You're nothing but a punk and a troll. ---- People like you disgust me--- you, Erik the Great, King of the Arrogant *******s

You are an irritant, a fly at a picnic, a stupid worthless piece of Eurotrash, nothing more.

Thanks for the kind words.
It sure takes som ***** to sit behind a computerscreen and verbaly abusing other people.
You remind of the fat little kid in school that always got beat up, he gets older and discover the world of internett.
What a wonderful place that is....... nothing is more entertaining than to pretend to be a tough guy and say the things you never had the ***** to do in real life, knowing that you are totaly secure during all you insults......

I actually did not take you for such a person,until now....... eventhoug several of you post show some real paranoia......

So what you problem Impro, long time since you got laid or something.......

Cause right now you are acting like a woman having her Periode....
Old 06-21-2005, 05:58 AM

2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3
Quote:

Sure: how about a photo of you jerking off to Roundel magazine?
We don't have Roundel magazine in South Africa

Sort of like you prefer TROLLING here and constantly badgering us about how GREAT you think the new M5 is rather than POSTING IN A BMW FORUM, right?
I do post on the BMW forum? Go check my posting history, have I ever said an E55 SUCKS? Or called it names? No. While I believe the new M5 to be better suited to MY needs than the E55, I have always aknowledged it for what a great car it is. I have been reading these forums for almost two years now, but only decided to create an account for myself a while ago. By the way, I started reading these forums when my uncle bought his SLK 32 about 2 years ago. I thought it was the **** and through some browsing ended up here. Been reading ever since.

Already covered most of that in the text above. Notice however how civil most of the pro-BMW guys remain, while you go soldiering on on your own mission with profanity and belittling of others. Others who have done nothing to insult you.

Sure, sweetie...first, a few questions: you claim to have an SLK55, right? And you're in South Africa? Where, exactly?
*looks at signature*

It says Johannesburg, but to be more precise, the Southern suburbs where all the "racist" Afrikaans-speaking white people like me live. That's right, English is my second language *gasp*. Where in the Southern suburbs? In Alberton, a medium-sized town which was all farm land 100 years ago. Where in Alberton? The Desperate Housewives-esque suburb of Meyersdal. Good enough for you sweetie?

I'll go take those pictures now. Expect to see them on here in 30 mins.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:35 AM

2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3

Sorry for the image quality, had to use a ****ty HP 3.1 mpixel camera.

And just for you Improviz, from the famous Maddox:

Have a nice day

Last edited by SoulBladeZA; 06-21-2005 at 06:41 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp

*looks at signature*

It says Johannesburg, but to be more precise, the Southern suburbs where all the "racist" Afrikaans-speaking white people like me live.
Sneaky F@#ks too! That's where my Ex-wife is from and has went back to live. Wow THANK GOD she left.That was good for a Black American English speaking man like me!!!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-21-2005 at 06:51 AM.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:30 PM

2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3
Hahaha. Was she English or Afrikaans? Did she teach you any South African jargon?
Old 06-21-2005, 12:45 PM

Too Young To Drive
I'll go take those pictures now. Expect to see them on here in 30 mins.
Wow, that's some serious ownage there...

Those are INCREDIBLE cars SoulBladeZA... I like your taste.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 Vs. E60 M5 Video