Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

E55 Vs. E60 M5 Video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3
Just to set the record straight before Improviz goes and stands me up

My parents bought those cars, but when they sold the franchise rights, paid them off and moved to the coast. They now spend maybe a week a month here in Johannesburg, flying up each time. The cars are all fully paid off, so they stay here They are basically mine now. I can drive them whenever and where ever to I want. They have a big Ford Ranger pickup they drive at the Coast, and rarely need to drive anyway, having an electrical powered golf cart to drive around with inside the huge golf estate. PS, I bought the 120d myself atleast. I can afford better with my current salary, so I'm considering either a 330i or the new 2006 Subaru WRX STi at the end of the year

When the M6 comes I'm driving it down to the coast for them, but we are keeping the 645Ci So good for me. Meanwhile I'm left to manage the remaining company in Pretoria (3 days a week I drive in) and finish my studies. Only 1 year left of that though. Why do I need the 120d you ask? Can you imagine the SLK parked at campus? Or when I meet a client in it? Or even worse, go out with my friends. Most of them drive VW Golfs or Opel Corsas :p

These days I get stuck driving the Ford Bantam 1/2 ton pickup alot of the time though. Work related business

Anyway, enough of my life. I have it good, didn't deserve it and I know it. Point is, I drive those cars atleast twice a week, I wash them, I pay the speeding fines, I renew their licenses and I service them. The only reason they aren't in my name yet is because the insurance premiums would be sky high

*Edit*
By service them, I mean drive them to the dealer and pay for anything not covered for in the Motorplan, like chipped windshield and paint repairs.

Last edited by SoulBladeZA; 06-21-2005 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by SoulBladeZA
Hahaha. Was she English or Afrikaans? Did she teach you any South African jargon?
No she was South African.If I called her Afrikaans she'd kill me.She was kinda bitter if you know what I mean..She spoke Xhosa, English and a few other languages..

None the less she was a pain in the ***, materialistic, gorgeous looking S.O.B.She's back where she belongs but I gotta say her body and the sex was the bomb.Her body was truly unbelieveable especially her legs,skin and ***! The Kid has moved on now!

P.S. My brother has been there on business several times and he mentioned that Durban is very nice.He says that over there they are very nice with American Blacks but still very hard with the South African Blacks. Well I guess it's still not a perfect world but let's get back to the cars. By the way nice selection of cars you have there!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-21-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Erik
LOL Impro, you call me insecure. I cant think of anyone here, with maybe a few exceptions that fit that description better than yourselves.
Hey, douchebag...*I'M* not the one who's spent the last several months at a *Mercedes* forum shilling for BMWs, *you* are.

Every time someone posts something good about a Mercedes, here comes Erik, along with the other BMW jerks, to try and rain on the parade, with a torrent of "oh, but look at these track numbers", "Oh, the new M5 is gonna getcha"..."oh, but BMW engines are N/A, which are vastly superior to supercharged"..."oh, let me post this BMW road test for the ten thousandth time, even though it's already been posted by other BMW trolls nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety-nine times"...

As I said: I think you're a pathetic little dweeb who gets off on trying to spoil people's fun by being a fly at a picnic. For someone who engages in such childish, boorish behavior for months to get sanctimonious about my behavior is the pinnacle of hypocrisy, but I expect no less from someone who makes it his hobby to try and annoy people who dare to drive other brands of cars than his beloved ugly tennis shoe.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled Roundel jerk-off session, which is of course immediately followed up with the annoy-those-big-bad-evil Mercedes driver session. If you actually had a life, you might be in a position to lecture me as to mine, but what constitutes yours is quite pathetic.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Improviz
Hey, douchebag...*I'M* not the one who's spent the last several months at a *Mercedes* forum shilling for BMWs, *you* are.

Every time someone posts something good about a Mercedes, here comes Erik, along with the other BMW jerks, to try and rain on the parade, with a torrent of "oh, but look at these track numbers", "Oh, the new M5 is gonna getcha"..."oh, but BMW engines are N/A, which are vastly superior to supercharged"..."oh, let me post this BMW road test for the ten thousandth time, even though it's already been posted by other BMW trolls nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety-nine times"...

As I said: I think you're a pathetic little dweeb who gets off on trying to spoil people's fun by being a fly at a picnic. For someone who engages in such childish, boorish behavior for months to get sanctimonious about my behavior is the pinnacle of hypocrisy, but I expect no less from someone who makes it his hobby to try and annoy people who dare to drive other brands of cars than his beloved ugly tennis shoe.I now return you to your regularly scheduled Roundel jerk-off session, which is of course immediately followed up with the annoy-those-big-bad-evil Mercedes driver session. If you actually had a life, you might be in a position to lecture me as to mine, but what constitutes yours is quite pathetic.
Impro you are too much! :p You guys kill me!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-21-2005 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
We don't have Roundel magazine in South Africa
So which BMW mag do you jerk off to?

I do post on the BMW forum?
Good for you? So why not go there and extoll the virtues of BMW rather than do it here?

Go check my posting history, have I ever said an E55 SUCKS? Or called it names? No.
Did I ever say you said it SUCKS? Or called it names? No.

While I believe the new M5 to be better suited to MY needs than the E55, I have always aknowledged it for what a great car it is. I have been reading these forums for almost two years now, but only decided to create an account for myself a while ago. By the way, I started reading these forums when my uncle bought his SLK 32 about 2 years ago. I thought it was the **** and through some browsing ended up here. Been reading ever since.
Good for you, but your being here is not what bothers me. Your taking the trouble to post inaccurate claims about the M5, and defending BMW trolls against any Mercedes owner who (gasp) actually criticizes them for posting in a Mercedes forum bothers me.

Already covered most of that in the text above. Notice however how civil most of the pro-BMW guys remain, while you go soldiering on on your own mission with profanity and belittling of others. Others who have done nothing to insult you.
I'd say that the "insulting" part is trolling, not complaining about it, but then I'm a Mercedes enthusiast, in a Mercedes forum, not a trolling agitator. And it's quite amusing that you would defend someone who trolls, when you were calling for Peter B to be banned for simply pointing out the obvious about Gustav, namely that Gustav, while banning people for posting about Mercedes in *his* forums, was coming here constantly and posting about BMWs...again, nothing wrong with that in your eyes, but oh, boy, dare to attack Gustav for his hypocrisy and double-standards, and watch out for the SoulBlade.

It says Johannesburg, but to be more precise, the Southern suburbs where all the "racist" Afrikaans-speaking white people like me live.
You put "racist" in quotes, as though it is unsubstantiated, or perhaps some sort of joke. Do you find the history of apartheid to be amusing, or was this just a sick attempt at humor?

That's right, English is my second language *gasp*.
Good for you. Your point being what, exactly?

Where in the Southern suburbs? In Alberton, a medium-sized town which was all farm land 100 years ago. Where in Alberton? The Desperate Housewives-esque suburb of Meyersdal. Good enough for you sweetie?
Yes. I was going to have you post a photo of the local newspaper next to the cars, but I'll take your word for it....after all, colonizing and victimizing people can be a most profitible enterprise.

I'll go take those pictures now. Expect to see them on here in 30 mins.
Thanks. Perhaps you could post your autographed picture of P. W. Botha as well.

Oh, and speaking of photos: here's a picture for you, Afrikaan-boy:

Old 06-21-2005, 11:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow I have no comment! Because it is serious stuff!Nothing to make light of as Improv is saying.That's why I decided to get back on the car topic.

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-21-2005 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:34 AM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57

As I said: I think you're a pathetic little dweeb who gets off on trying to spoil people's fun by being a fly at a picnic. For someone who engages in such childish, boorish behavior for months to get sanctimonious about my behavior is the pinnacle of hypocrisy, but I expect no less from someone who makes it his hobby to try and annoy people who dare to drive other brands of cars than his beloved ugly tennis shoe.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled Roundel jerk-off session, which is of course immediately followed up with the annoy-those-big-bad-evil Mercedes driver session. If you actually had a life, you might be in a position to lecture me as to mine, but what constitutes yours is quite pathetic.

LOL was that the best you could do ?

You are a joke Impro... Sometimes a fun joke, but this time you are just a joke....
Old 06-22-2005, 05:59 AM

2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3
You put "racist" in quotes, as though it is unsubstantiated, or perhaps some sort of joke. Do you find the history of apartheid to be amusing, or was this just a sick attempt at humor?
No, I'm not racist at all. The area I live in full of racists though, hence my being stereotyped as such by my peers. You have a knack for blowing things out of proportion.

Good for you, but your being here is not what bothers me. Your taking the trouble to post inaccurate claims about the M5, and defending BMW trolls against any Mercedes owner who (gasp) actually criticizes them for posting in a Mercedes forum bothers me.
I've seen tests where the M5 did 4.4 0-100. I'd call that low, you call that mid. Mid for me is 4.5-4.7. So it's just a different point of view. Really trivial. BY THE WAY I'VE SEEN E55's TEST THE SAME.

I'd say that the "insulting" part is trolling, not complaining about it, but then I'm a Mercedes enthusiast, in a Mercedes forum, not a trolling agitator. And it's quite amusing that you would defend someone who trolls, when you were calling for Peter B to be banned for simply pointing out the obvious about Gustav, namely that Gustav, while banning people for posting about Mercedes in *his* forums, was coming here constantly and posting about BMWs...again, nothing wrong with that in your eyes, but oh, boy, dare to attack Gustav for his hypocrisy and double-standards, and watch out for the SoulBlade.
I think cross-posting between forums is healthy. THIS IS MY OPINION. If Gustav bans MBWorld users for reasons I'm not really sure of, it doesn't mean it has anything to do with me. There are several E55 owners looking at buying the M5, and vice versa. So why not post factual information on each other's boards? And the banning thing of Peter B was more sarcastic and a stab at him than anything else, seeing as he called for others to be banned earlier in that thread.

Quote:
That's right, English is my second language *gasp*.

Good for you. Your point being what, exactly?
You have bashed others for not being able to command the English language with the same panache as you do, just wanted to show you that you aren't the only fully English literate person on the board.

Yes. I was going to have you post a photo of the local newspaper next to the cars, but I'll take your word for it....after all, colonizing and victimizing people can be a most profitible enterprise.
Yeah especially if you take them FROM Africa and enslave them, paying them ####all right? Stop being so full of ****. Your GREAT AND HOLY country is hardly a shining example of what a fair and free utopia is. Atleast they were paid here.

Apartheid was WRONG, but I was in the thrid grade when it ended. You can't really blame me for the sins of my forefathers. Atleast the blacks here had a higher standard of living during apartheid than they do now. They had more cars than the whole of Russia. Still doesn't make it right.

And with reference to us exploiting the blacks, our workers are paid 10% higher than minimum wage, generous overtime, they live in houses WE built for them and they have free transport to and from work. AND they receive a 13th cheque half-way through the year, if it was a good year, a 14th cheque at the end of the year too. So really, tell me, where is my family exploiting them?

Thanks. Perhaps you could post your autographed picture of P. W. Botha as well.
Oh, and speaking of photos: here's a picture for you, Afrikaan-boy:
Thanks for the history lesson. I'm sure they forgot to include all that in my syllabus when I was at school.

Yeah, I MUST be a racist if I oppose parties like the Boeremag or the AWB. Definitely. I'm the biggest racist ever. Improviz, if you actually had more than 1/2 a clue what you are talking about, I *MIGHT* even take you seriously.

Last edited by SoulBladeZA; 06-22-2005 at 06:12 AM.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OK guys,as an African American on this forum,I say forget the South

African (Afrikaans)politics which can become very very nasty.I don't care

who brought whatever up ,Let's be friends again,and let's start decimating

each other's brand of car again.That is what this thing was originally all

about.Agreed?

Let's get off of the South Africa Apartheid stuff and get back on

topic.However we can diccuss this stuff on the off topic forum if you guys

want.I understand what you're both saying but right now everything being

said needs to be said off topic.This can become a very nasty and personal

thing especially if things are brought up about both the past and present of

both the United States and South Africa combined concerning Black American

and Carribean people of African Descent not to mention Black South

Africans, (the original South African) folks period.

I respect both of you guys very much and your differences of opinion on both

brands of cars, so let's keep it civil on this thread. You both are apparently

very intelligent intelllectuals with vast knowledge in general and also on both

cars so lets keep it as such.OK Let's continue on topic.Once

again.Agreed?

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-22-2005 at 07:26 AM.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:22 AM

2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3
Sure.

By the way, I'm not here to decimate MBZ

If Improviz wants to continue on that topic, he can make a new thread in the OT forum.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sure.

By the way, I'm not here to decimate MBZ

If Improviz wants to continue on that topic, he can make a new thread in the OT forum.
OK! well you know what I mean...
Old 06-24-2005, 02:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
No, I'm not racist at all. The area I live in full of racists though, hence my being stereotyped as such by my peers. You have a knack for blowing things out of proportion...
It was you who used the term "racist" in a flippant fashion, sir, not me. And I do not find the topic of apartheid to be humorous in any way, shape, or form. You certainly didn't give any background information about yourself in the post to indicate your being stereotyped, NOR did you indicate any personal views on the subject, other than your flippant remark.

So to somehow expect me to have gleaned your "true" personality when you made no mention OF it is, to put it mildly, kind of a stretch.

I think cross-posting between forums is healthy. THIS IS MY OPINION.
I don't have any problem with cross-posting; I do have a problem with trolls and hypocrites.

You have bashed others for not being able to command the English language with the same panache as you do,
No, I sarcastically used the phrase "English as a second language?" in response to gibberish. Perhaps you are able to determine whether a poster does or does not speak English as his/her first language by inspection, but I doubt it. I certainly am not, and the instance you cite was one of SARCASM, directed at the person's WRITING STYLE, and nothing more.

In fact, had I suspected the person in question did not speak English as a first language, I would not have used it, but the "English" he was using seemed to me to be more of an inexperienced high school student than a foreigner; my wife speaks English as a second language, and could never be responsible for such a contorted mess.

Yeah especially if you take them FROM Africa and enslave them, paying them ####all right? Stop being so full of ****. Your GREAT AND HOLY country is hardly a shining example of what a fair and free utopia is. Atleast they were paid here.
Again, ****head: YOU INTRODUCED THE TERM "RACIST" TO REFER TO YOURSELF INTO THE CONVERSATION. I apologize for taking you at your word; henceforth, I shall assume each and every word you type is a flat-out lie.

Happy?

Apartheid was WRONG, but I was in the thrid grade when it ended.
So how old are you now, whilst you make stupid asinine comments about it and then jump people for responding to them?

You can't really blame me for the sins of my forefathers.
Again: YOU introduced the topic. If YOU meant it in a "humorous" fashion (perhaps you'd also like to entertain us with some holocaust jokes?), then A) you have a pretty ****ed up sense of humor, and B) you should indicate it's humor rather than counting on your fellow forum users being mind readers.

And with reference to us exploiting the blacks, our workers are paid 10% higher than minimum wage, generous overtime, they live in houses WE built for them and they have free transport to and from work.
I'm sure they feel most priviliged. And the fact that you Afrikaaners aren't (or may not be) CURRENTLY exploiting them doesn't mean A) that you never did, or B) it's acceptable to joke about it.

AND they receive a 13th cheque half-way through the year, if it was a good year, a 14th cheque at the end of the year too. So really, tell me, where is my family exploiting them?
They might not be now; are you arguing that your family never benefited from the cheap labor under Apartheid? Ever? I would say in response that this is every bit as ludicrous as a Southerner arguing the same wrt slavery.

Thanks for the history lesson. I'm sure they forgot to include all that in my syllabus when I was at school.
Of this I have no doubt, unless you would have us believe that the textbooks went from legitimizing Apartheid to stigmatizing it and exposing its crimes overnight. Here, it took over 100 years for the truth about slavery and the crimes against the indigenous peoples to be in many schools' texts.

Improviz, if you actually had more than 1/2 a clue what you are talking about, I *MIGHT* even take you seriously.
I have a very good clue about what I'm talking about, but unfortunately, I can't read minds...which is probably a good thing in this case, because you've got some twisted **** going on in there.

In any case, I'll accept you at your word about your not being a racist and that you believe apartheid was wrong, but perhaps in the future you might think about choosing your words more carefully, or at the very least providing a bit of context rather than counting on the mind-reading abilities of your fellow forum users.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:09 AM

2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3
Again, ****head: YOU INTRODUCED THE TERM "RACIST" TO REFER TO YOURSELF INTO THE CONVERSATION. I apologize for taking you at your word; henceforth, I shall assume each and every word you type is a flat-out lie.
Using the word "racist" in quotation marks implied that I was a non-racist, living in a racist community. I've asked others if it was so hard to work out, and they said that it was fairly easy to understand in the context it was used. I guess American English differs from ours in this way. In the way certain things are interpreted. So let's just drop it?

So how old are you now, whilst you make stupid asinine comments about it and then jump people for responding to them?
I'm turning 21 soon.

Again: YOU introduced the topic. If YOU meant it in a "humorous" fashion (perhaps you'd also like to entertain us with some holocaust jokes?), then A) you have a pretty ****ed up sense of humor, and B) you should indicate it's humor rather than counting on your fellow forum users being mind readers.
I never intended for any type of humorous interpretation. Maybe it's because you view me in a negative light, that you would see the darker side of my writings.

I'm sure they feel most priviliged. And the fact that you Afrikaaners aren't (or may not be) CURRENTLY exploiting them doesn't mean A) that you never did, or B) it's acceptable to joke about it.
Ofcourse they are still being exploited, but strangely enough, even more so by their own goverment. The rich blacks are becoming richer, whilst the poor ones become poorer. The previously all-white firms are now bound by Black Economic Empowerment laws, which means they have to give preference to black employees, contracts and business. Even through all of that, the plebs of the black workforce are still just a basic under-paid resource.

As for my family exploiting them. Well, the few whites we have are paid the same as the blacks. Besides, we only opened our doors for the first time 6 years ago. My father was a regular 9-5 guy before that. So yeah, we propably indirectly benefitted from cheap labour, but that's how the country was. The democracy changed that and I'm glad it did.

Of this I have no doubt, unless you would have us believe that the textbooks went from legitimizing Apartheid to stigmatizing it and exposing its crimes overnight. Here, it took over 100 years for the truth about slavery and the crimes against the indigenous peoples to be in many schools' texts.
You would be surprised at how quickly the Dept. of Education changed everything. Besides, it was on TV every day, ALL day for like 2 years. I know more about apartheid by now than what I know about cars. And being a car enthusiast, that says alot.

In any case, I'll accept you at your word about your not being a racist and that you believe apartheid was wrong, but perhaps in the future you might think about choosing your words more carefully, or at the very least providing a bit of context rather than counting on the mind-reading abilities of your fellow forum users.
Agreed. I will do my best to ensure that there are no more potential paralellisms or misinterpretations in my posts.

Good day to you sir.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:27 AM

Using the word "racist" in quotation marks implied that I was a non-racist, living in a racist community. I've asked others if it was so hard to work out, and they said that it was fairly easy to understand in the context it was used. I guess American English differs from ours in this way. In the way certain things are interpreted. So let's just drop it?

I got it to, I am actually amazed that anyone managed to read that as making fun of racism.

And I honestly belive you have NO reasson to defend youselves against accusations from Improwitz, thats like fighting a windmill......
Old 06-24-2005, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Erik
I got it to, I am actually amazed that anyone managed to read that as making fun of racism.
Yes & No. I believe Improviz is saying that someone would read it and find the sarcasm offensive even though that may not have been Soul's intent.It's nothing to be coy about.There are I'm sure some South African Blacks,Blacks,and Whites worldwide who could get offended by the sarcasm especially since alot of us know the history of the offenses done in South Africa. So any hint of joking or sarcasm concerning Apartheid or rascism in South Africa certainly would offend folks.It's the same thing with Slavery in America ,the Anhilation of Native Americans, or the Holocaust in Germany.
You(Erik) can't take your personal scope and feel "Why would anyone get offended by that"! I was not offended however, but it's not something I would have said or made light of under any circumstances either, especially on a World Wide Forum!!!!!!!.

Soul,just be aware.You said whatever,Impro says whatever, you come back ,he comes back and look at what we have!

That's basically what he is saying even though I know between you and Impro this has all come out in the heat of a car debate.
Hey it looks like whatever you guys can debate about even though this started out as MB vs BMW,you guys will still find a way to take it somewhere and debate about it.

Ego's Ego's Ego's .We all have them and I know I'm just as guilty. I say get on topic or let's dead the thread now.Right now,I don't know where the hell it's going.What's next? Religion!

Last edited by ProjectC55; 06-24-2005 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by coolcarlskiC43
Yes & No. You(Erik) can't take your personal scope and feel "Why would anyone get offended by that"! I was not offended however, but it's not something I would have said or made light of under any circumstances either, especially on a World Wide Forum!!!!!!!.
Point taken.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Fine, fair enough...it was a cultural thing, I think: when used like that in web-speak, it denotes sarcasm, and here the issue was sarcasm about what? Obviously what you meant and what I thought you meant were at odds...

I'm turning 21 soon.
Well, assuming the drinking age down there is the same as here, congratulations. :-) And kudos for the wheels...I would have killed for a portfolio like that at your age.

I never intended for any type of humorous interpretation. Maybe it's because you view me in a negative light, that you would see the darker side of my writings.
Or perhaps it's because the text was ambiguous. Sheesh, it's not as if I think anyone who likes BMWs is an SS captain or something...I own one of 'em, after all...trolling is what annoys me, but at this point I don't think you fall into that category.

Ofcourse they are still being exploited, but strangely enough, even more so by their own goverment. The rich blacks are becoming richer, whilst the poor ones become poorer. The previously all-white firms are now bound by Black Economic Empowerment laws, which means they have to give preference to black employees, contracts and business. Even through all of that, the plebs of the black workforce are still just a basic under-paid resource.
Well, as any white manufacturing worker in America can tell you: the fact that one happens to be the same color as one who runs the government is hardly a recipie for economic security...and incompetence and corruption are color blind, after all.

In any case, I was amazed at how well SA held together after apartheid came down...there was a large potential for instability there, and Mandella earned an enormous amount of respect in my book for keeping the lid on the situation. Unfortunately, his successor is a bit more, shall we say, "eccentric", at least insofar as handling the AIDS crisis goes...

As for my family exploiting them. Well, the few whites we have are paid the same as the blacks. Besides, we only opened our doors for the first time 6 years ago. My father was a regular 9-5 guy before that. So yeah, we propably indirectly benefitted from cheap labour, but that's how the country was. The democracy changed that and I'm glad it did.
Well, I'm glad that you're glad. It takes a lot of guts to shrug off peer pressure (here I assume that while you're certainly not alone, there's probably still a fair amount of residual racism there--lord knows there is here) and stand up for one's beliefs. Kudos to you, sir.

You would be surprised at how quickly the Dept. of Education changed everything. Besides, it was on TV every day, ALL day for like 2 years. I know more about apartheid by now than what I know about cars. And being a car enthusiast, that says alot.
Indeed.

Agreed. I will do my best to ensure that there are no more potential paralellisms or misinterpretations in my posts.
Likewise, I shall do my best to ensure that I give you the benefit of the doubt in the future.

Good day to you sir.
And to you!
Old 06-25-2005, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by coolcarlskiC43
Yes & No. I believe Improviz is saying that someone would read it and find the sarcasm offensive even though that may not have been Soul's intent.It's nothing to be coy about.There are I'm sure some South African Blacks,Blacks,and Whites worldwide who could get offended by the sarcasm especially since alot of us know the history of the offenses done in South Africa. So any hint of joking or sarcasm concerning Apartheid or rascism in South Africa certainly would offend folks.It's the same thing with Slavery in America ,the Anhilation of Native Americans, or the Holocaust in Germany.
You(Erik) can't take your personal scope and feel "Why would anyone get offended by that"! I was not offended however, but it's not something I would have said or made light of under any circumstances either, especially on a World Wide Forum!!!!!!!.

Soul,just be aware.You said whatever,Impro says whatever, you come back ,he comes back and look at what we have!

That's basically what he is saying even though I know between you and Impro this has all come out in the heat of a car debate.
Hey it looks like whatever you guys can debate about even though this started out as MB vs BMW,you guys will still find a way to take it somewhere and debate about it.

Ego's Ego's Ego's .We all have them and I know I'm just as guilty. I say get on topic or let's dead the thread now.Right now,I don't know where the hell it's going.What's next? Religion!
Next topic: who is(are) the one (or many) true god(s)?? ;-)

Seriously, though: good post, and good points. Best wishes!
Old 06-25-2005, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Next topic: who is(are) the one (or many) true god(s)?? ;-)
LOL! You're crazy!!
Old 06-26-2005, 12:57 PM

2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3
Glad we sorted that all out