Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

SL55 vs Mitsubishi EVO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
SL55 vs Mitsubishi EVO

I was boogying along at a good clip (90+) and I could see something yellow weaving through traffic, trying to catch me. He pulls up next to me and is obviously trying to provoke a race. So, who am I to let him down.

We both hit it as we approach some sweeping corners. It was like there was an anchor attatched to his bumper! I slowed down and waited for him to catch up. Sure enough, he wanted to have another go...and another....and another. All with the same resulting anchor treatment.

He was the happiest guy every time he caught up. I guess he's hooked by the SL55s magic!
Old 05-02-2005, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
I hope he knew he couldnt win unless he was seriously modded. Thats cool though id probably do the same thing to get an AMG car to run just to hear the engine.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
I hope he knew he couldnt win unless he was seriously modded. Thats cool though id probably do the same thing to get an AMG car to run just to hear the engine.
I think the first time he went, he thought he had a shot. The subsequest runs were for his entertainment......and mine!
Old 05-02-2005, 01:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
sounds like you had fun... damn those are some nice cars you got!!
Old 05-02-2005, 11:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Nice kill! NIce list of cars, let me know when you get sick of them and i'll take em off your hands.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
You do have to give respect to the EVO you dont know what kids have under those hoods now days. Its only 16000 to get a 10 sec car... CHEAP and FAAASSSTT. Sushi-Sleds for all! But nice kill, love the F40.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:13 PM

2015 C63 AMG 507
Sounds like a blast, was this on the 101 by chance? I saw two beautiful SL55's this morning on my way into work, one was the light blue, the other was black.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
I was boogying along at a good clip (90+) and I could see something yellow weaving through traffic, trying to catch me. He pulls up next to me and is obviously trying to provoke a race. So, who am I to let him down.

We both hit it as we approach some sweeping corners. It was like there was an anchor attatched to his bumper! I slowed down and waited for him to catch up. Sure enough, he wanted to have another go...and another....and another. All with the same resulting anchor treatment.

He was the happiest guy every time he caught up. I guess he's hooked by the SL55s magic!

To bad you didnt have the F40 out. You could of let him seen real top end Powa.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Noredline
Sounds like a blast, was this on the 101 by chance? I saw two beautiful SL55's this morning on my way into work, one was the light blue, the other was black.
It was on the 101 and the 51. Nice call.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
To bad you didnt have the F40 out. You could of let him seen real top end Powa.
Funny you should mention the F40. I have routinely humiliated sport bikes with the F40.

The best one was when I noticed a motorcycle coming up, weaving through traffic. With that plastic rear window in the F40 its tough to see very clearly, so you never know if its a cop or not until they are pretty close.

Anyway, its a big bore sport bike. The guy comes up behind, then goes to the left and then the right and then accellerates off. We head after him and get up on his rear wheel. He proceeds to put his index finger behind his back and wag it at us....as if to say....."Don't even try it".

He punches it....and within a nanosecond we are all over him. We hear the rice rocket searching for a gear to try and pull away...but he's got nothing. We're probably doing 140ish and he turns around to the right and loses his hat. Then he turns the other way and loses his glasses. We then pull up next to him...get his attention...and wagged our fingers at him!!! And then we just blew him away!!
Old 05-02-2005, 07:58 PM

2015 C63 AMG 507
LOL that is hilarious. I'll be that F40 is a killer. Let me know if you are bored one of these weekends, I'd love to see it!

Be careful on the E/W stretches of 101, my buddy works at N. Scottsdale Porsche, the cops love to sit near the Scottsdale exits waiting for speeders, and overzealous test drivers North and Southbound aren't much better on the Scottsdale side either. I got shot three times with radar on the way into work southbound on the 101 Friday.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:07 PM

Just saw a report on the news that the speed trap proposal for the 101 has been shot down again, thank God. The state's newest AND deadliest stretch of freeway... its great. They showed some file footage of the storage facility where all of the 101 speeding tickets are stored. Thousands upon thousands. Same with the area on FLW and Scottsdale. If you don't pay your photo radar the first notice, they pretty much give up because they have 115 more from the same day to try to collect on. Hey Dino- do you happen to know Mike Bates? (He owns an SL55 and a red 550 Maranello down here.)
Old 05-03-2005, 09:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W208
Old 05-04-2005, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by EuroCoupe
Just saw a report on the news that the speed trap proposal for the 101 has been shot down again, thank God. The state's newest AND deadliest stretch of freeway... its great. They showed some file footage of the storage facility where all of the 101 speeding tickets are stored. Thousands upon thousands. Same with the area on FLW and Scottsdale. If you don't pay your photo radar the first notice, they pretty much give up because they have 115 more from the same day to try to collect on. Hey Dino- do you happen to know Mike Bates? (He owns an SL55 and a red 550 Maranello down here.)

I'm not sure if I know Mike, but he sounds like my kinda guy! Is he in the FCA. I started the club out here a few years back. If he's in the FCA, and goes to anything, I probably know him.

Since I got my SL55, 3 of my FCA buddies have bought them. Fcars are great, but the SL55 is brilliant.