Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Burned a BMW 330 Last Night (vid)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3
but like other said...i'm raising on a Chevy Tahoe can beat a 330....oops...I mean Escalade...
ROFL. Same here brother. Last time I checked 5000 pound trucks with oversized underpowered engines don't pull sub 7 second 0-62mph times
Old 08-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Almost a Member!

E46 M3
What kind of kill story is this?? 330's are SLOW
Old 08-19-2005, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by FrankW
I understand exactly how you feel.

I had road rage twice. The first time I was still driving my 2000 328Ci. I had just got onto the freeway and this guy in a Acura CL typeS came up behind me flashed his high beam and almost hit my car as he goes by and gave me a middle finger. I ended up chasing him for 15min through 3 different freeways while flashing my high beam at him and in the end he got scared, slowed down, exited the freeway while making gesture apologising to me.

second time I had now got my C32, some dude in a Integra GSR flip a sig-butt at me on the freeway. the sig bounced off my hood and hit the side mirror (there was no other cars on the freeway around midnight). I got pissed and pulled up next to him around 70mph...waited for him to take off and just smoked him.

but like other said...i'm raising on a Chevy Tahoe can beat a 330....oops...I mean Escalade...
He threw a cigarette-but at you're car and you only smoked him? Don't you people keep a water bottle in you're cars or something else inanimate thats "throw-worthy" in these kinds of situations?
Old 08-19-2005, 06:57 PM

2002M3
CHEVY TAHOE!!! LOL
Old 08-22-2005, 03:19 PM

2002M3
Originally Posted by E46M3ownerMBfan
What kind of kill story is this?? 330's are SLOW

Yeah, 330's are SLOW but that heavy truck is SLOWER!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 01:09 PM

BMW '94 IP Race Car, '17 M3, Benz '67 250SE
Originally Posted by King320
you should have let him tail you, then mix up your gas and brake pedals thus introducing the blue and white propeller hood emblem that he paid all that money for to your trailer hitch.
I'd love to see an escalade out-brake a 330, let alone out-accelerate
Old 08-28-2005, 01:20 PM

2005 Mercedes C-Class
Originally Posted by vivianlove
Yeah, 330's are SLOW but that heavy truck is SLOWER!!!
I woudn't say that 330's are SLOW, they are FAST, but there are also VERY FAST CARS (SL55,e55,etc.) and EXTREME FAST CARS (ENZO,SLR,SL65,etc...)
I drive punk a$$ 2005 C220 CDI and now it's SLOW!
Old 08-29-2005, 03:18 AM

2006 BMW X5 4.8is and 2005 C55 AMG
Ok will the video ever be re-posted? Please. Also isn't the Escalade a 9 second 0-60 car. I'm sorry but even the 330 isn't that slow
Old 08-31-2005, 11:38 AM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
Originally Posted by RawAMGpower
Ok will the video ever be re-posted? Please. Also isn't the Escalade a 9 second 0-60 car. I'm sorry but even the 330 isn't that slow

The 330i is no sportscar, but its not slow considering only 231 Hp.

Euromags has it at low to mid 6 sec in the 0-62 mph run, that should definatly put in in the low 6 sec 0-60.

So unless the Escalade is modded to hell and back, I cant see it destroying a 330i in anything except the fuel consumption.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by sicrx65
This post might seem a little insignificant considering that the car…(truck) that beat the 330ci wasn’t my 430, but my 03’ escalade. Myself and many others on this board are bias towards MB’s, and so I thought this little kill story will please some of you. I was at a stop light when two guys in a late model 330 with aftermarket wheels pulls up next to my lade’, he was eyeing my truck and whispering to his friend, he gave me a look I can’t really explain, but it seemed as if he was brushing me off saying that I was inferior to his holy bimmer. After that I was just saying **** it and as the other light turned yellow I started lurching forward, and wanted to give it a try (people don’t sleep on the escalade it’s a fast truck especially at a rolling start.) At the green light I started a tiny bit earlier then he did, but still I was expecting him to pass me, but he didn’t. At the next red he points to the light and wanted to race again. After the red light there is a slight left turn onto a big straight road ( Tremont street Boston Common ). I was on the outside corner, and we started at the exact same time. He started pulling away, and was like a half of a cars length away, but around 35 I started to gain, and ended up pulling away from him. I looked over, and his friend was flipping me off so I yelled out the window “Your getting burned by an SUV!!!” Afterwards his ******* friend decides to throw a water bottle at my car, and that pissed me off like crazy I was just gonna let it go, but after that I was just like **** it and started tailing him. He was trying to get away I kept losing him on the turns, but caught right up with him on the straights. We somehow made it to highway, and I still was on his tail, there were a couple of sharp turns that slowed me down, but after a little I would catch. When we finally got out of the last major turn I was doing about 45-50 and floored it from there, he was toast. There was a taxi that almost ran into me, and that slowed me down a lot, but after I passed the taxi, I took the dinky little 330 with ease. My friend caught the second half of the race (highway battle) on camera. Sorry the vid is a little shaky. I honestly thought it was a fast car, maybe I was wrong… Plus my escalade is BONE STOCK!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/ab8/sicrx65...de_vs._330.wmv
Your an idiot plain and simple. You could have been killed/hurt...worse yet you could have killed/hurt somone else. Road rage isnt a good thing.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
has anybody ever considered that the guys in the 330 besides being total idiots actualy suck at driving too?
Old 09-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 C230K Sport Sedan in Brilliant Silver/Black
I understand exactly how you feel.

I had road rage twice. ...
If only I could say the same! There are just too many idiots around here doing dumb stuff in my presence... I get angry a lot! Unfortunately around here road rage doesn't stem from racing so much as stupidity. I try not to race my car (not only because it's not that fast :p ) but because I don't want to **** someone else off and risk having them do something to my new car (or me!!)!
Old 09-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 C230K Sport Sedan in Brilliant Silver/Black
Originally Posted by BimmerChick
I'd love to see an escalade out-brake a 330, let alone out-accelerate
My husband has a Z-71 Tahoe and I must admit that the acceleration is pretty quick especially considering the weight. It picks up speed from a stop faster than my car does. I don't doubt the Escalade could get going faster than the 330... but I would think the 330 would catch right up in a few secs. On the braking issue.. the 330 would most definitely be able to stop faster and in a shorter distance than the Escalade. Driving the Tahoe, I am always afraid I'll roll into the intersection while stopping for a red light, particularly going down a hill. Just my $.02.

Oh and the video doesn't work when I try it so I can't comment on the specific race that may or may not have happened :p
Old 09-02-2005, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
im get freaked out driving SUVs (family has an ML430) because of the body roll, WAY different from my CLK w/ its modified suspension. I feel like i half to go half my normal speed on windy roads or ill flip over