Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

400HP Lancer Evolution MR EDITION CL600

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL600 2003
400HP Lancer Evolution MR EDITION CL600

Driving home from a very nice lunch just enjoying the perfect weather and silence of the CL600 on a well traveled county parkway in Fairfax VA. Before long I notice that a Lancer Evolution MR EDITION is making its way through the traffic. Interestingly, although there was traffic when I first accessed this parkway, I got around most of it and was enjoying the open road at about 55. Before I knew it, the Lancer Evolution MR EDITION was next to me which got me thinking that this would be fun to see how well Evolution would do against my 2003 CL600 with Renntech mods. I didn’t badge the CL600 with the Renntech logo. I let him pass me then decided that I would floor it. He took the challenge but it wasn’t fair at the speeds we were traveling at. I kept getting further ahead so hit the brakes and let him catch up. We both smiled and kept it cool to the next light which I was going to turn right onto. I rolled my window down and we started talking while the light was red. He asked if I had to make the right at the light and proceeded to tell me that his Lancer Evolution was modified and had over 400HP and did the quarter in the high 11s. I said that he had the traction and needed to turn but at about that time the light changed and he hit it. Since I had never really raced anyone I thought give it a try, I could always make a U-turn later. The CL600 launched perfectly, temp about 81 and tires had good grip. It was a thing of beauty passing him up so easily. I pulled into his lane and waved to him to follow me to the station at the next left. I had to ask him what had happened. The guy was great, he followed me in and we had a chance to speak briefly. It turns out that he thought that I was going to turn right and when he saw that I saw taking him up on his offer he apparently missed 2nd. I decided that I had already pushed my luck and we went our own way. I did let him know that I had the Renntech mods and that I had 625HP and 750 FTLBS of torque.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Originally Posted by jt20194
Driving home from a very nice lunch just enjoying the perfect weather and silence of the CL600 on a well traveled county parkway in Fairfax VA. Before long I notice that a Lancer Evolution MR EDITION is making its way through the traffic. Interestingly, although there was traffic when I first accessed this parkway, I got around most of it and was enjoying the open road at about 55. Before I knew it, the Lancer Evolution MR EDITION was next to me which got me thinking that this would be fun to see how well Evolution would do against my 2003 CL600 with Renntech mods. I didn’t badge the CL600 with the Renntech logo. I let him pass me then decided that I would floor it. He took the challenge but it wasn’t fair at the speeds we were traveling at. I kept getting further ahead so hit the brakes and let him catch up. We both smiled and kept it cool to the next light which I was going to turn right onto. I rolled my window down and we started talking while the light was red. He asked if I had to make the right at the light and proceeded to tell me that his Lancer Evolution was modified and had over 400HP and did the quarter in the high 11s. I said that he had the traction and needed to turn but at about that time the light changed and he hit it. Since I had never really raced anyone I thought give it a try, I could always make a U-turn later. The CL600 launched perfectly, temp about 81 and tires had good grip. It was a thing of beauty passing him up so easily. I pulled into his lane and waved to him to follow me to the station at the next left. I had to ask him what had happened. The guy was great, he followed me in and we had a chance to speak briefly. It turns out that he thought that I was going to turn right and when he saw that I saw taking him up on his offer he apparently missed 2nd. I decided that I had already pushed my luck and we went our own way. I did let him know that I had the Renntech mods and that I had 625HP and 750 FTLBS of torque.
WTF, you shoulda gone back at for a run from a dig. Bet it woulda been awesome. Anyways, nice kill.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 AMG C63s
id like to see it run against an mitsu evo 8. top gear tested that and the cl65 and the cl was wishy washy and the evo corned like it was on rails. i believe that was the episode where it was chasing a lambo and the lambo lost traction.

i wonder if a little 4 banger with all those turbos could keep up with a big cl on the autobahn.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Originally Posted by AMG_Eric
id like to see it run against an mitsu evo 8. top gear tested that and the cl65 and the cl was wishy washy and the evo corned like it was on rails. i believe that was the episode where it was chasing a lambo and the lambo lost traction.

i wonder if a little 4 banger with all those turbos could keep up with a big cl on the autobahn.

The car that chased the lambo was an Evo FQ400 or 430 i cant remember the number. That isnt a stock Evo, infact its probably slower than the Evo that he raced, if its true that the guy has over 400 HP. I thinkt he FQ has 400HP. The Evo MR is faster than a regular Evo 8 it weighs less.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
The Evo MR is faster than the Evo VIII. Anyways, Be careful when driving in Fairfax County. The cops there dont play around. 80 in a 55 will get you locked up! You should come to some of our MD/VA/DC meets.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:28 AM
Almost a Member!

CL600 2003
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
The Evo MR is faster than the Evo VIII. Anyways, Be careful when driving in Fairfax County. The cops there dont play around. 80 in a 55 will get you locked up! You should come to some of our MD/VA/DC meets.
I'll keep an eye out for the meets thanks
Old 09-15-2005, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
was the plate of the evo "EVIL 8"
Old 09-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Almost a Member!

CL600 2003
Originally Posted by E55JAY
was the plate of the evo "EVIL 8"
Don't think so. Didn't look at the plate but after you asked I did some looking on the EVO forum and think that I found the individual that "claimed" he had 400HP. He posted the same day that I raced him and mentioned CL600 and Renntech. His handle is SterlingEvo and based on what he said in his post may have been bating me to see how fast my CL600 was...
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...ighlight=CL600
Old 09-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
cool, I went to one of their meets with some other benzes and we were gonna go down to skyline drive but as soon as everyone was leaving they all took off and it was labor day weekend and mad cops. 10 loud Evo's tearin up the street gets alot of attention, the kind of attention I dont want (especially in fairfax county). SO I just chilled with the more mature benzes and a friend with a 330whp Evo VIII