Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

AMGs being killed by C5 in another forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Corvette Coupe / M3 / TLS / S500 4Matic
Originally Posted by Chappy
I would hate for that guy (O-ACE) to meet up with DerekFSU or Ted Baldwin's E55s on the street.....or the SL65s of Schiznick, Treynor, or piko6.......he may well be the one who was crying afterward.
Actually, I'd love to meet them on the street/track. It'd be a fun run. Don't know why a simple race has to turn into a war I own a Benz as well and can appreciate each car for what it is. The C5 is raw and I enjoy that at times. Don't hate!
Old 11-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Lexani
What? Stock!?

Vette owners have the IQ of a brick!

Gimme a break-- 490 to the wheels?

How f'in ignorant is this post? You're the one who has an IQ problem if for even a second, you thought the C5 was STOCK. And since when does the type of car one owns reflect on his IQ?
Old 11-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Yellow R1
The C5 owner mentioned 490 Hp (flywheel) in N/A format which is utter BS (even modded). A C5 Z06 with H/C, full exhaust, CAI, tune, etc is lucky to see that power & this guy's C5 is NOT a Z06. He's a legend in his own mind :p .

See ya,
-Matt
The C5 puts down 390 RWHP N/A and it's running an automatic racing transmission, so figure an 18% drivetrain loss. That's about 475 BHP. Sorry, I was off by 15 hp
Old 11-01-2005, 09:53 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by O-Ace
The C5 puts down 390 RWHP N/A and it's running an automatic racing transmission, so figure an 18% drivetrain loss. That's about 475 BHP. Sorry, I was off by 15 hp
You should share your mods (H/C, Headers, Predator, CAI, etc so people will KNOW your car is not stock). I "think" (I could be wrong) that the posted thread had some 3rd party indicating 490 Hp @ the crank with no mention of any modifications. THIS is what people on th MB forum thought was a croc, not your car being slow, or yourself not being truthful (like that matters to a bunch of strangers on the internet anyway! :p ).

So, no harm done. Thanks for posting/clarifying & I'd look forward to seeing your mods - I'm just curious (390 RWHP is impressive - especially for an auto!)

-Matt
Old 11-01-2005, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by O-Ace
How f'in ignorant is this post? You're the one who has an IQ problem if for even a second, you thought the C5 was STOCK. And since when does the type of car one owns reflect on his IQ?
Ignorance. It's a funny word, and flips back and forth without hesitation. True it may be I believed the C5 was stock, however, you're equally ignorant in assuming someone posted all your mods and stuff to date WHICH I CHOSE to ignore; recheck this thread Detective, and you shall notice no one posted your mods nor any hint it was modded.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:19 AM
Almost a Member!

I posted the story on MY forum where everyone knows my car is modded. I didn't post it on MBWorld! Anyways, here's the video: http://www.racingflix.com/getvideo.asp?v=1313

For a full list of mods, go to: http://www.racingflix.com/vette

-Awais