Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!
View Poll Results: Who will win?
Modified SL55 AMG
56.14%
BMW M6
38.60%
Even
5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Modified SL55 AMG vs. BMW M6

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-03-2005, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by reggid
i don't know what videos you've been watching but they show from a roll the the M5/6 are faster than their AMG counterparts as the speed increases. The videos make no suggestion that from a standstill the AMG cars will be trounced, the trap speeds of the M's are a few mph faster than their AMG equivalent which to me is supported by the videos). Just accept the facts and stop being a **** stirrer.
Hey, reg....here's a little hint for you: if you don't like my posts, or my opinions, too bad for you. Don't read them if you don't like them, because you've been consistantly coming to the aid of BMW trolls here lately, and frankly, in my book this makes your opinion just this side of worthless. Pretty much the only thing you contribute to this forum is arrogant, argumentative posts, generally against AMG owners for actually being enthusiastic about their cars. You may support trolls, but in case you hadn't noticed, this places you firmly in the minority opinion group here.

And I don't know what magazine articles you've been reading, but the writers from Motor Magazine stated very clearly that from a dig, the CLS55 could pull the M5. Perhaps you have difficulty with English? And maybe you might care to explain why you'd take the results from a non-scientific video, provided by a very biased BMW owner who has already been busted cherry-picking videos in the past, rather than the objective results from Motor Magazine?

Finally, I don't know what country you live in, but for 99% of owners, the fact that the M5/6 do have better torque multiplation by virtue of their two extra gears combined with more agressive gearing in the higher gears, is rather academic, as most encounters between the two vehicles will be at sub-100 mph speeds, where the writers from Motor Magazine indicated that the AMGs will generally do just fine, thank you.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Gustav
Sorry? Ihave the RS6 vs M3 video soemhwere Ill try to post it for you dear Imptoviz.
You mean, as before, you'll post the video which shows the M3 winning, not the one which shows the RS6 winning. You were called out for doing this in your forum, and did not deny it, by people who were present at the race as I recall.

Originally Posted by gustav
YI fastest 0-200 km/h with M6 with LC is 12,8 s.
Yes, when shod with sticky semi-track tires, as was noted by the magazine which tested it (and which you very conveniently fail to note). People with similar tires on their E55s have run 12.0 1/4 miles here, gustav, so please spare us the snide remarks. You have absolutely no objectivity, and are here participating in behavior for which you banned people on your board.

We have not forgotten the case in which you banned a member of this forum for doing nothing other than coming over to your board and doing the same thing you do here. And even you admitted, when confronted by me about it (after about five attempts on my part to get you to stop dodging the question), that the member in question had not in any way violated your own terms of service.

I.e., you shut him down for the mere discussion of an E55 in a favorable context on your forum.

Which is fully documented here, in case anyone actually thinks you are in any way credible:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/105585-open-letter-gustav.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=105632

Yes, your objectivity and support for honest discussion shines through in that example, where you banned someone for discussing E55 versus M5 performance at your forum while you simultaneously did it here.

So please spare us the sanctimony: your hypocrisy can be easily seen by your actions in this, and other matters.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:18 AM

Hthanks for the reply. When it is getting out of control with name calling then it is out. I never saw the M3 losing. Here is the video:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...G=Search+Video

FYI it would be alot of work to make up all the videos I produce or stage them in some way. I just floor it.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Hthanks for the reply. When it is getting out of control with name calling then it is out.
Changing your story?? The fact is, as can be clearly seen by reading the post in your forum which is linked in the post I gave above, that there was no name calling by the poster in question. Both he, and I, repeatedly challenged you to produce any instance of his violating your terms of use, and you would not, because you could not, which you later admitted, and admitted you were in error.

Which is fine, but does not excuse your remarkably hypocritical behavior for engaging in the same behavior here while you were banning people for doing it on your own board.

I never saw the M3 losing.
Well, someone else, who was there, did, and later called you for only posting the video of the M3 winning. I'll see if I can locate the thread later, provided you haven't already deleted it.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:37 AM

Haha, you are funny Please do a race with ANY MB vs new M5 and M6 and post it anywhere, and if we keep the discussion civil and mature, that would be a great thread and film.

I cannot beleive you seem not to enjoy these movies and instead trying to think everything was a staged event. But I know you know, so it is not a surprise

So for my next BMW M5 and M6 vs Mercedes race I will ask Improviz how to shoot the videos. But I am so sure that you will find something to complain about anyhow... And no, it is not the European way to just line up cars on a quarter mile track. There is a life beyond that at higher speeds.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
No comment about the MBWorld poster whom you banned from your forum for simply posting about AMGs there, eh Gustav? So you now admit, again, that he had committed no violation of your terms of service, and that you simply shut him down for doing the same thing which you are now doing here. Mission accomplished.

Haha, you are funny Please do a race with ANY MB vs new M5 and M6 and post it anywhere, and if we keep the discussion civil and mature, that would be a great thread and film.
The magazine article I posted earlier in this thread does just that, and the editors plainly stated that the AMG *and* the slower Holden could pull the M5 from a roll. I will take a scientifically conducted test over your financed-by-BMW material anytime. The as-tested acceleration data for the M5 does not support what your videos show, plain as that. And you are not an honest broker in this matter, and given that BMW is providing you with these cars, I see no reason to trust you in light of your prior conduct.

I cannot beleive you seem not to enjoy these movies and instead trying to think everything was a staged event. But I know you know, so it is not a surprise
Well, Gustav, when your videos show one thing and the mag tests show another, I consider your videos to be suspect, particularly given the earlier M3 vs RS6 flap.

So for my next BMW M5 and M6 vs Mercedes race I will ask Improviz how to shoot the videos.
I would simply ask anyone viewing these videos to consider your prior behavior, and take a look at published magazine tests. Three 1/4 mile tests for the M5 so far, none of which has broken 12.5. So even with two extra gears and a true LSD, your mighty M5 is barely a match for the three year old AMGs in a 1/4 mile race. Wow.

And now that the new AMG 6.3L V8, which produces more torque than the M5 from about 2,500 rpm up to its 6,800 rpm power peak, can be matched with Mercedes' seven speed auto, leveling the playing field gearing-wise, we shall see for how long you crow. Enjoy it while it lasts...all I can say is that your little bombardment of our forum with new M5/6 propagand just shows how much the pummeling your E39s took from the AMGs stuck in your craw.

Oh, and speaking of this, please answer the following question: will you welcome us with open arms to come to your forum upon the release of the next E class with the new 6.3L AMG V8 and post magazine tests, videos, etc. without locking our posts?

But I am so sure that you will find something to complain about anyhow... And no, it is not the European way to just line up cars on a quarter mile track. There is a life beyond that at higher speeds.
Please list the European countries where it is legal to drive at speeds above 200 km/h.

And please answer the question above wrt your forum. I would like a pledge, from you, that you will allow us free reign to do in your forums what you are doing here upon the release of the next-gen AMGs, particularly in light of your refusal, again, to address the instance of your banning someone for doing exactly the same thing.

Last edited by Improviz; 11-03-2005 at 02:01 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:14 PM

I dont what magazine you are refferring to but if you state Holden my guess is that it is a Australian magazine. Well if you for once could lift your head above the magazines and see some real world vidoes. Again, you have only numbers, I have tried these cars on numerous occations. And don't you think the magazines get the cars borrowed for free? And dont you think they are GIVEN money for ads? Talk about fiannced by Mercedes / Holden /BMW. Again, I dont know how many times I have to tell you that I dint get anything form BMW, I am just stating results. Results that you want to ignore i nanyway you can: by trying to question my credibility, quoting numerous magazines when you havent even seen one in action in real life.

The as-tested magazines does not do tests from rolling starts with car next to each other as I do, they do it with measuring equipment. I do it side by side as in real life.

I dont know what you are talking about with the RS6 videos, I drove the RS6 and the RS6 was not faster. I was flooring the car. Simple as that and the video can tell that.

How many times do I have to tell you that I am not a quarte mile person and I do not race just between stop lights. These cars are made for far higher speeds that your average stoplight.... In fact I dotn care about quarter mile.

Yes pelase do a 6,3 l MAG video vs M5 or M6, I would love it instead of writing endless essays about how worthless the real world tests are.

I have not locked you out and I leavce your quarter mile posts on my forum without a problem. It just not so fun comparison that you have to put up highly tuned cars vs original cars.

I Europe there is Germany with free speed. And if you never race over 90 mph on real life then I know what kind of Mercedes driver you are.

I have told you nuerous times: do a similar vidoe as I did and post it I would be happy to.

Oh, almost tie in the poll. have you voted
Old 11-03-2005, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
I think you're board will be swamped with new 63 owners in the near future telling you how bad the M5/M6 take it in the @$$, Good day
Old 11-03-2005, 02:25 PM

As long as they post good videos with M5 M6 races then its OK
Old 11-03-2005, 06:18 PM

06 SLK55
Guys, I'm sure there we will be able to find a very happy M5 driver that would love to race an AMG. Lets just close this thread and then search for an M5 driver that is local and do a dig...that should end this discussion.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Improviz
Hey, reg....here's a little hint for you: if you don't like my posts, or my opinions, too bad for you. Don't read them if you don't like them, because you've been consistantly coming to the aid of BMW trolls here lately, and frankly, in my book this makes your opinion just this side of worthless. Pretty much the only thing you contribute to this forum is arrogant, argumentative posts, generally against AMG owners for actually being enthusiastic about their cars. You may support trolls, but in case you hadn't noticed, this places you firmly in the minority opinion group here.

And I don't know what magazine articles you've been reading, but the writers from Motor Magazine stated very clearly that from a dig, the CLS55 could pull the M5. Perhaps you have difficulty with English? And maybe you might care to explain why you'd take the results from a non-scientific video, provided by a very biased BMW owner who has already been busted cherry-picking videos in the past, rather than the objective results from Motor Magazine?

Finally, I don't know what country you live in, but for 99% of owners, the fact that the M5/6 do have better torque multiplation by virtue of their two extra gears combined with more agressive gearing in the higher gears, is rather academic, as most encounters between the two vehicles will be at sub-100 mph speeds, where the writers from Motor Magazine indicated that the AMGs will generally do just fine, thank you.
I actually have a hardcopy of the mag!

but i actually said that the videos don't show that the AMG's will be trounced from a dig but only at high speeds

Last edited by reggid; 11-03-2005 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
Wow! What's up with the RS6? I've heard of an E39 M5 beat an RS6 from 200-250km/h. The RS6 must have no steam at high speeds.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
I dont what magazine you are refferring to but if you state Holden my guess is that it is a Australian magazine. Well if you for once could lift your head above the magazines and see some real world vidoes. Again, you have only numbers, I have tried these cars on numerous occations.
Oh, I have "only" numbers, eh? So you are attacking science now, along with the credibility of the magazines who tested the cars now, gustav? Because the time-speed differences between the E55 and M5 (and the CLS55 in the test I provided in this post, which you obviously didn't even bother to read ) are simply not large enough for your results to be credible.

And don't you think the magazines get the cars borrowed for free? And dont you think they are GIVEN money for ads? Talk about fiannced by Mercedes / Holden /BMW. Again, I dont know how many times I have to tell you that I dint get anything form BMW,
The magazines in question do not exist solely for the purpose of promoting BMW's products. Your site does. I leave it to the reader to decide who is the more credible.

I am just stating results. Results that you want to ignore i nanyway you can: by trying to question my credibility, quoting numerous magazines when you havent even seen one in action in real life.
Yeah, how dare I use that silly ol' science and hard test data when I could trust the word of a BMW propagandist! Gee, how could I fail to trust you more than test data from multiple magazines on multiple continents??

The as-tested magazines does not do tests from rolling starts with car next to each other as I do, they do it with measuring equipment. I do it side by side as in real life.
Actually, there are mags who do rolling start runs, Car & Driver being one. And I'll wait for their runs, which are scientifically measured with proper equipment.

I dont know what you are talking about with the RS6 videos, I drove the RS6 and the RS6 was not faster. I was flooring the car. Simple as that and the video can tell that.
Yawn....

How many times do I have to tell you that I am not a quarte mile person and I do not race just between stop lights. These cars are made for far higher speeds that your average stoplight.... In fact I dotn care about quarter mile.
My point was that in pretty much every country on earth, it is illegal to drive at these speeds, and one can lose one's license up there. Does that mean that people don't do it, ever? Of course not, but in most cases the races between these cars take place at well under 100 mph.

And the thing is, as the three instrumented 1/4 mi tests of the M5 show, it's really no better than neck and neck, if even that, with the supercharged AMGs. Which means that wow, you have a brand new, more expensive car with higher rated horsepower that can't even pull a three year old Benz below 100 mph, even with the benefit of two extra gears and more agressive gearing overall...and you have the gall to come in here and post about it as if it's some kind of Modern Engineering Marvel in the acceleration department??

I mean, seriously, gustav....this is lame. The supercharged AMGs took the E39 M5 apart in acceleration, and now that you're catching up, temporarily until the new seven speeds come out, you're oh so proud of a tie??

Well, congratulations! I'm very happy for you.

Yes pelase do a 6,3 l MAG video vs M5 or M6, I would love it instead of writing endless essays about how worthless the real world tests are.

I have not locked you out and I leavce your quarter mile posts on my forum without a problem. It just not so fun comparison that you have to put up highly tuned cars vs original cars.
I believe it was you who, with this post in fact, implied that your mighty M could walk all over a modified AMG, and so I thought it instructive to demonstrate to you what two (not one; view that video again) well-modded AMGs are capable of...

Might you have a video of one of your new M5 breaking 12.0 in the 1/4? No? Didn't think so...and those E55's were breaking 11's, gustav...so chew on that.

I Europe there is Germany with free speed.
On ever-shrinking portions of the Autobahn, NOT over its full expanse, as you well know. And that's one country, meaning that in all others what you're describing is highly illegal and will land one in jail. A sub-100 mph race, while still illegal, isn't likely to get one's license pulled, one reason why most races are not conducted at these speeds.

And if you never race over 90 mph on real life then I know what kind of Mercedes driver you are.
Actually, you don't, and stop putting words in my mouth: I did not state the speeds at which I've raced, only that most imprompteu races are not conducted from 100 mph up.

I have told you nuerous times: do a similar vidoe as I did and post it I would be happy to.
I'll wait for the instrumented magazine comparisons to come out, which I assume you will also allow to be posted without interference?

Oh, almost tie in the poll. have you voted
No, because I knew that with you producing the video, the result was a foregone conclusion. But as the video I posted shows, a truly, properly modded AMG would chew up your M6 and spit it out.

Last edited by Improviz; 11-04-2005 at 12:49 AM.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Wasn't there a modified E55 doing 1/4 mile less than 11 seconds? Have yet to see any M5/M6 stock (or even modified) touch that.

If the SMG clutch is so fragile requiring so much resting even from the factory, I don't think it's a good idea to modify the V10 anyway. Don't want to have to wait 2 hours between each run!
Old 11-04-2005, 01:12 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
Oh, I have "only" numbers, eh? So you are attacking science now, along with the credibility of the magazines who tested the cars now, gustav? Because the time-speed differences between the E55 and M5 (and the CLS55 in the test I provided in this post, which you obviously didn't even bother to read ) are simply not large enough for your results to be credible.

The magazines in question do not exist solely for the purpose of promoting BMW's products. Your site does. I leave it to the reader to decide who is the more credible.

Yeah, how dare I use that silly ol' science and hard test data when I could trust the word of a BMW propagandist! Gee, how could I fail to trust you more than test data from multiple magazines on multiple continents??

Actually, there are mags who do rolling start runs, Car & Driver being one. And I'll wait for their runs, which are scientifically measured with proper equipment.

Yawn....

My point was that in pretty much every country on earth, it is illegal to drive at these speeds, and one can lose one's license up there. Does that mean that people don't do it, ever? Of course not, but in most cases the races between these cars take place at well under 100 mph.

And the thing is, as the three instrumented 1/4 mi tests of the M5 show, it's really no better than neck and neck, if even that, with the supercharged AMGs. Which means that wow, you have a brand new, more expensive car with higher rated horsepower that can't even pull a three year old Benz below 100 mph, even with the benefit of two extra gears and more agressive gearing overall...and you have the gall to come in here and post about it as if it's some kind of Modern Engineering Marvel in the acceleration department??

I mean, seriously, gustav....this is lame. The supercharged AMGs took the E39 M5 apart in acceleration, and now that you're catching up, temporarily until the new seven speeds come out, you're oh so proud of a tie??

I believe it was you who, with this post in fact, implied that your mighty M could walk all over a modified AMG, and so I thought it instructive to demonstrate to you what two (not one; view that video again) well-modded AMGs are capable of...

Might you have a video of one of your new M5 breaking 12.0 in the 1/4? No? Didn't think so...and those E55's were breaking 11's, gustav...so chew on that.

On ever-shrinking portions of the Autobahn, NOT over its full expanse, as you well know. And that's one country, meaning that in all others what you're describing is highly illegal and will land one in jail. A sub-100 mph race, while still illegal, isn't likely to get one's license pulled, one reason why most races are not conducted at these speeds.

Actually, you don't, and stop putting words in my mouth: I did not state the speeds at which I've raced, only that most imprompteu races are not conducted from 100 mph up.

I'll wait for the instrumented magazine comparisons to come out, which I assume you will also allow to be posted without interference?

No, because I knew that with you producing the video, the result was a foregone conclusion. But as the video I posted shows, a truly, properly modded AMG would chew up your M6 and spit it out.

OMG........YOU SOUND LIKE A BIATCH WITH PMS !!!
Old 11-04-2005, 03:28 AM

Oh, I have "only" numbers, eh? So you are attacking science now, along with the credibility of the magazines who tested the cars now, gustav? Because the time-speed differences between the E55 and M5 (and the CLS55 in the test I provided in this post, which you obviously didn't even bother to read ) are simply not large enough for your results to be credible. Yeah, how dare I use that silly ol' science and hard test data when I could trust the word of a BMW propagandist! Gee, how could I fail to trust you more than test data from multiple magazines on multiple continents??
Improviz the mags have shown that the M5 is trapping higher and Gustav didn't claim the M5/6 will destroy an AMG in the 1/4, The videos have shown that speed is required for the M5 to pull which is supported by the magazines. Why can't you get it through your head.

On ever-shrinking portions of the Autobahn, NOT over its full expanse, as you well know. And that's one country, meaning that in all others what you're describing is highly illegal and will land one in jail.
FYI There is also destricted highways in Australia.

Improviz are you embarrassed how childish you sound? I though MB was about class, but you certainly have none.

You seriously need to lighten up!
Old 11-04-2005, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
I missed a day-- and missed a war.

CLearly this debate is leading nowhere.

The AMG is faster-- period.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by caliboy
Now that's what I'm talking about I think you and lexani with the sl600 could wipe your a SSES with this M6. Now that I have read everyone else's posts and the Oh S h i T reaction I think this video is rigged. Can't trust someone as biased as this Gustav dude.
I would thoroughly enjoy tearing a M6 to peices.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Clk&Slk
OMG........YOU SOUND LIKE A BIATCH WITH PMS !!!
The ironic thing here is, your very childish post is arguebly applicable to you.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by reggid the defender of Gustav
Improviz the mags have shown that the M5 is trapping higher and Gustav didn't claim the M5/6 will destroy an AMG in the 1/4, The videos have shown that speed is required for the M5 to pull which is supported by the magazines. Why can't you get it through your head.
Because I do not trust someone who makes it their life to promote BMWs more than I trust reviews in and test data from established car mags, and Gustav's video does not gel with what the mags' numbers show.

FYI There is also destricted highways in Australia.
FYI in most countries there are not, as I said eariler; the addition of one additional country does nothing to disprove my assertion.

Improviz are you embarrassed how childish you sound? I though MB was about class, but you certainly have none.

You seriously need to lighten up!
reggid do you have any reason for being here in particular other than defending BMW trolls and attacking people who criticize them? I already established, in this post, the total, absolute hypocrisy of your little crusade against me/defense of gustav. You have made it quite clear which brand it is that you support, and which you dislike.

A subtle troll is still a troll.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:02 PM

God if I could afford any single one of these cars I'd be in heaven

Thanks for the videos.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:29 PM

Because I do not trust someone who makes it their life to promote BMWs more than I trust reviews in and test data from established car mags, and Gustav's video does not gel with what the mags' numbers show.
He may be biast but in what way do they contradict the magazine tests?
Old 11-06-2005, 05:14 PM

Come on Imporivz, take a drink All the races I ahve with todays cars is at least up to over 120 mph, it goes so fast up to there so under there it is really not any fun and no real comparison.

FYI the tuned SL55 AMG race was not a tie, you cna hear that I stop flooring it for a second in hte first race.

Also, I dont see any point of posting some video of a E55 with NOS doing the quartermile. Quarter mile ois not too interesting and comparoing original cars is more fun, NOS that is just off topic.

Old 11-06-2005, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Come on Imporivz, take a drink All the races I ahve with todays cars is at least up to over 120 mph, it goes so fast up to there so under there it is really not any fun and no real comparison.

FYI the tuned SL55 AMG race was not a tie, you cna hear that I stop flooring it for a second in hte first race.

Also, I dont see any point of posting some video of a E55 with NOS doing the quartermile. Quarter mile ois not too interesting and comparoing original cars is more fun, NOS that is just off topic.
Come on Gustav, get a life.

How is it, YOUR video is relevant, and his is not? Is it because the one he posts shows a E55-- faster in the 1/4 mile, than most ANY BMW?

FYI: His video was not off-topic, on the contrary, it was very much dead on. It showed what a REAL modded Mercedes can do-- not a stock one. Which, correct me if I'm wrong, thats what the discussion is about.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:42 PM

No, it is because I have stated numerous times that quarter mile tiems is not that relevant, at least for me. In Europe (around here) we just dont go to the strip every Sunday, we race on the street when the opprtunity is there.

Yes, that was wrong. The discussio nwas what a BMW M6 can do vs Mercedes cars. I really wanted to find a orginal SL55 but we gave coudlnt.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Modified SL55 AMG vs. BMW M6