Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!
View Poll Results: Who will win?
Modified SL55 AMG
56.14%
BMW M6
38.60%
Even
5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Modified SL55 AMG vs. BMW M6

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-06-2005, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by Gustav
No, it is because I have stated numerous times that quarter mile tiems is not that relevant, at least for me. In Europe (around here) we just dont go to the strip every Sunday, we race on the street when the opprtunity is there.
Irrelevant? Irrelevant, you say?

Wow. I mean, yeah sure. I guess, of course! It's not everyday you are at a stop light! Stupid me-- why would acceleration matter anyways!? God, I'm so stupid!

Yes, that was wrong. The discussio nwas what a BMW M6 can do vs Mercedes cars. I really wanted to find a orginal SL55 but we gave coudlnt.
No, no there was no discussion. Just a blatant disregard of how people will react to trolls posting fixed videos, in his favour, in hopes of getting... notoriety?

Let me ask you...

What was the reaction you expected?

Everyone to bow down before BMW and it's fugly vehicles? Or to start kissing your a$$?
Old 11-06-2005, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
If acceleration times such as 0-60 and the 1/4 mile are so irrelevant out there, then why do all the German magazines, ALL MAGAZINES IN FACT, publish 0-60 and 1/4 mile times? The answer is that it IS relevent regardless of your opinion. You cant argue with every performance automotive publication on Earth now can you? Clearly, these acceleration tests are very relevant the world over.

And on top of that, you are catching so much flak from many of us here because, surprise-surprise, we are citizens of the Drag Racing capitol of the world! What exactly did you expect? Try using your head for once.

Your Vids suck. Line those two F'ing cars up and go from a stop already, otherwise **** off.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by VelocitE55
Your Vids suck. Line those two F'ing cars up and go from a stop already, otherwise **** off.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Guys, it's simple, really:

Gustav is an intellectual coward, pure and simple. Witness how he comes to our board to debate M5 performance while banning our members from doing it on his boards, or how he posts videos in our kill stories forum while moving videos we post on his race stories videos to his off topic forum: he simply will not tolerate free discussion or posting in his forums, while taking full advantage of it here.

As anyone can see by his conduct, he is a hypocrite, a piece of ****, a troll, nothing more. He is also an advocate for BMW, using cars provided TO him by BMW, which in itself is suspect.

So, the way it works is: what Gustav deems relevant, and what he deems irrelevant is irrelevant. And what is relevant is whatever makes BMW look good. So, if the E55 will pull the M5 in a 1/4 mile race, for example, well, by golly, that measure of its performance is irrelevant! Similarly, if the BMW-provided M enjoys a gearing advantage that gives it a marginal acceleration only at triple digit speeds, well, by golly, then THAT is the ONLY thing which is relevant.

But really, let's be honest here, guys: isn't most of our racing *really* done from 130 mph and up? I mean, just the other night, I lined up against a C5 at a stop light who was revving his motor at me...no other cars on the road, but you know what? I passed, instead telling him that if he were a REAL man, he'd only race from 130 up! What a *****...humph...stop light racing...who would have ever thought of such an irrelevant actity?

I mean, think about it, really: don't each and every one of you regularly hit 130 mph plus on your morning commute? Come on now, admit it! I confess; I live 20 miles from work, but it is nice being able to get there in five minutes.

Or, you know, when you're going to the grocery store: sure, there are times when you might want to drive below 100, but the *real* men hit 140 on the final straight--oops, I mean street--right before whipping into the Piggly Wiggly!

This occured to me tonight on the way home from dinner as I drove up the interstate at 150....too bad about that guy on the bike, but he should learn to drive! Later on my wife and I went to the drive-in movie, and you should've seen the look on those folks' faces...

Yes, I agree...we should start a letter writing campaign to those wimps at the NHRA and inform THEM that if they had a single BALL amongst them, they would STOP these IRRELEVANT 1/4 mile races and instead MOD those top fuel dragsters to start their runs at 130!!

Old 11-06-2005, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Improviz
Gustav is an intellectual coward, pure and simple. Witness how he comes to our board to debate M5 performance while banning our members from doing it on his boards, or how he posts videos in our kill stories forum while moving videos we post on his race stories videos to his off topic forum: he simply will not tolerate free discussion or posting in his forums, while taking full advantage of it here.

As anyone can see by his conduct, he is a hypocrite, a piece of ****, a troll, nothing more. He is also an advocate for BMW, using cars provided TO him by BMW, which in itself is suspect.

So, the way it works is: what Gustav deems relevant, and what he deems irrelevant is irrelevant. And what is relevant is whatever makes BMW look good. So, if the E55 will pull the M5 in a 1/4 mile race, for example, well, by golly, that measure of its performance is irrelevant! Similarly, if the BMW-provided M enjoys a gearing advantage that gives it a marginal acceleration only at triple digit speeds, well, by golly, then THAT is the ONLY thing which is relevant.

But really, let's be honest here, guys: isn't most of our racing *really* done from 130 mph and up? I mean, just the other night, I lined up against a C5 at a stop light who was revving his motor at me...no other cars on the road, but you know what? I passed, instead telling him that if he were a REAL man, he'd only race from 130 up! What a *****...humph...stop light racing...who would have ever thought of such an irrelevant actity?

I mean, think about it, really: don't each and every one of you regularly hit 130 mph plus on your morning commute? Come on now, admit it! I confess; I live 20 miles from work, but it is nice being able to get there in five minutes.

Or, you know, when you're going to the grocery store: sure, there are times when you might want to drive below 100, but the *real* men hit 140 on the final straight--oops, I mean street--right before whipping into the Piggly Wiggly!

This occured to me tonight on the way home from dinner as I drove up the interstate at 150....too bad about that guy on the bike, but he should learn to drive! Later on my wife and I went to the drive-in movie, and you should've seen the look on those folks' faces...

Yes, I agree...we should start a letter writing campaign to those wimps at the NHRA and inform THEM that if they had a single BALL amongst them, they would STOP these IRRELEVANT 1/4 mile races and instead MOD those top fuel dragsters to start their runs at 130!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have'nt laughed this hard in months! Thanks Improv!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Wait'll NHRA gets ahold of this!
Old 11-06-2005, 10:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

'05 C55 AMG '15 Jeep SRT '11 G37S
My C55 will smoke either of those cars. I have, after all, installed Green filters.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:30 PM

E55, C32, ML320
The discussio nwas what a BMW M6 can do vs Mercedes cars. I really wanted to find a orginal SL55 but we gave coudlnt.
?

How about finding an 'original' SL65 or SL600?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Improviz

Goostuv got owned!

If they had a single ball amongst them..... Bwahahahaha!!
Old 11-07-2005, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Gustav gets owned and busted in a lie on his own forum:

One of our members, zumbalak, went to Gustav's Off Topic forum and asked him why he had moved my video there when I had posted it in his Race Stories forum--a valid question when one looks at THIS thread, which Gustav posted in OUR forum.

Gustav's reply was that he had moved the video because it didn't have any BMW content. My response to him, is here, in this thread...I now reproduce it for you in case Gustav decides to censor it as he is wont to do:

Originally Posted by Improviz in Gustav's forum
When a BMW is ni it it can stay in the race section.
Which is why the following videos are in the race stories section, untouched by you--right, Gustav?

Video of Corvette at dragstrip:

Video of SL55:

Video: RENNTtech SL65 at the strip:

(I guess Mercedes videos are OK as long as they're not posted to illustrate how you troll on OUR boards)

But that's just a sampling; there are numerous others...all posted by other users, all untouched...

Oh, and how very interesting: here is a video, posted by YOU, of a Supra racing a bike:
Video posted by Gustav in Race Stories forum with NO BMW:

And what have we here? Another video, posted by YOU, of a CL65 AMG:
Another video posted by Gustav in Race Stories forum with NO BMW:

In fact, Gustav, you seem to have posted a pretty fair number of races in your Race Stories forum which do not contain BMWs:

Here's one, a 360 Modena vs a Corvette:

Here's another, an E55 Mercedes vs a Z06 Corvette:

Here's yet another, an Mercedes Benz S600 at the strip:

Yes, you guessed it, still another: A video of a Diablo:

And there are numerous others by other posters, but for some reason, you moved only mine. Might you be so kind as to tell the readers of your forum the REAL reason why you moved this thread?

In America we have a saying: You can dish it out, but you cannot take it. This thread proves it. You troll our Mercedes forums posting multiple BMW videos, but as soon as one of us comes over here, you censor us.
Well, Gustav, you cannot censor us here, and I just made you look stupid, again, by showing your hypocrisy for all to see.

Last edited by Improviz; 11-07-2005 at 12:37 AM.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
I thought my Gustav Post **** thing was mildly humorous... No one else did. Humm, I tried :p
Old 11-07-2005, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by reggid
I actually have a hardcopy of the mag!

but i actually said that the videos don't show that the AMG's will be trounced from a dig but only at high speeds
Reggid, all I notice from you is that you hardly make a contribution, when you do, you take a dig at Improviz and end up getting OWNED hard all the time

maybe give it a rest or something
Old 11-07-2005, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Goosetuv, WTF do you have to say for yourself? I guess theres really not much you can say huh? Its right here in plain English. You told Improviz that he was free to post a Vid and that you would leave it there to prove him wrong when he claimed you would likely move or delete it. Then what do you do? You go right ahead and move it within 24 hours of you saying it was ok and you wouldnt move it. Your pathetic excuse is that it had no BMW content and yet look at all the examples that you allowed to stay there despite the fact that THEY TOO HAVE NO BMW CONTENT! Theres rock solid proof here that you are a complete lying hypocrit. Please, please try to get yourself out of this one, I would really like to see that!
Old 11-07-2005, 07:14 AM

Hello,

alot of lines, her just skimmed then through. I did not mean race from 120 and up, I meant races that goes to 120 and over, and that could be start from 30 mph if you so like.

All BMW M vs Mercedes videos are nice to see! Impor post was moved since it was only one NOS E55 AMG on a dragstrip, not vs any BMW. FYI the same topic was double posted in another forum, which was not moved.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Hello,

alot of lines, her just skimmed then through. I did not mean race from 120 and up, I meant races that goes to 120 and over, and that could be start from 30 mph if you so like.
These cars both trap at nearly 120, so why not go from a stop? Ah, yes, because you would lose the race, eh Gustav? And as I pointed out before, what is "relevant" is what makes BMW look good, so we simiply run the races from higher speeds. Great marketing, which is probably one reason why BMW gives you pre-release BMWs to test, but it does nothing to enhance your credibility (of course, neither does banning people from our forums from discussing E55s in your forum or censoring my video posts...).

All BMW M vs Mercedes videos are nice to see! Impor post was moved since it was only one NOS E55 AMG on a dragstrip, not vs any BMW. FYI the same topic was double posted in another forum, which was not moved.
Again you lie. I posted examples of and links to videos that were untouched when posted in your Race Stories forum. These videos, many of which were posted by you, are videos of other brands, without BMWs in them, and everyone can see them, Gustav.

Again you establish your hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:52 AM

Because it is simply not easy to stop on a highway and drive to 160 mph... Furthermroe the M6 was not pre release, it was regular car. In Europe we get it before US.

Where di I censor your video psot? DO you realize that you NOS E55 drag strip video was posted on two threads in my forum and they are still there... But you want to spin it of course Soon Ill be called a flip flopper and terrorist as well

Well the race stroy with the E55 is in the competitors section, and yes we can have it in race stories as well, however I see it fit more two have two cars and nto a single car in a video in reace stories. I posted a CL65 AMG race vs Z06 the other day but of course you dont notice that, it could affect your spin

How was your drink of yours?
Old 11-07-2005, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Because it is simply not easy to stop on a highway and drive to 160 mph... Furthermroe the M6 was not pre release, it was regular car. In Europe we get it before US.
And it is very convenient that BMW gives you this car directly, which I am sure they do not because they know you are going to actively market their cars, but because they are in the charity business. Just as it is very convenient that you timed the posting of these videos in our forum to coincide first with the release of the M5 in Europe, and now with the release of the car in the US. Sheer coincidence, I'm certain...nothing to do with marketing the cars, right?

Where di I censor your video psot? DO you realize that you NOS E55 drag strip video was posted on two threads in my forum and they are still there... But you want to spin it of course Soon Ill be called a flip flopper and terrorist as well
I believe that it is very clear who is spinning, Gustav...you are intentionally trying to deflect attention away from the FACT, and it IS a FACT, that you took the video I posted to bring attention to your trolling here and stuck it in the off-topic forum, obstensively because it "had no BMW content". But this is false on its face, because as I clearly showed, and you cannot dispute this because the links are there for everyone to read for themselves, you have multiple non-BMW videos in your Race Stories forum which you DID NOT MOVE to off-topic, *AND* to make matters even worse, many of those videos were posted by you.

Further, as my links above clearly show, there are OTHER videos of SINGLE CARS in that forum, INCLUDING Mercedes. But only mine was moved. Why? Censorship, that's why.

Spin all you like, but the facts are clear, and you cannot censor us here.

Well the race stroy with the E55 is in the competitors section, and yes we can have it in race stories as well, however I see it fit more two have two cars and nto a single car in a video in reace stories. I posted a CL65 AMG race vs Z06 the other day but of course you dont notice that, it could affect your spin

How was your drink of yours?
More spin. I also noticed that YOU posted videos in your Race Stories forum. Here is a thread that YOU started in your Race Stories forum which features a Lamborghini BY ITSELF.

Video of a Gallardo, posted by you in your Race Stories forum:

You aren't fooling anyone, Gustav...spin like a top, but the facts are as plain as they can possibly be. You hide behind the freedoms our moderators offer to market BMWs here while refusing to allow discussion of E55s by our own members in your forums. All bought and paid for, by the nice folks at BMW.

Last edited by Improviz; 11-08-2005 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Almost a Member!

BMW Z3 S/C & 99 Mroadster
What Gustav doesnt grasp is that if Americans need to go faster than 150mph on a consistent basis they buy a F@#$(&IN GV... thats gulfstream Five. Unlike you poor overtaxed undersexed europeans, I can go buy a decent aircraft for under 100k.
We dont give a ratsA$$ about 150mph because you don't get anything from it. Well you can go to your polo club and tell your buddies you hit 150.

I do say though, you'd think BMW would get you a better camera for their biatch work they have you doing. Oh do they make you wipe up the drool and other fluids you leave on their "production" cars after you fap all over them for allowing you the "great" opportunity to test these great cars?
Old 12-05-2005, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I dont care you cannot touch SL55 design.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:08 PM

s65AMG, sl500
Gustav's quite a nice guy very helpful about M power stuff, helped with querys when I had an M3, loads of good content on his website.

I enjoy his stuff, good to see nice car being spanked whatever the context

I think his posts should be taken as a bit of friendly banter

Oh and the M6 may be quick , but it suuure is an ugly mother