Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

S600 vs. Nissan 350Z

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 07:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 Bentley GTC, Porsche GT2/EVOMS GT700, 1968 Dodge Charger Hemi
S600 vs. Nissan 350Z

I was out running errands in the S class today. I was driving down one of our major streets here (Scottsdale Rd), when I look in my rear view and notice a car weaving in and out of traffic and driving like an idiot, it was one of those new 350Z things. The light in front of me turns red and the Z pulls up on my right side, There was some kid who looked like he was about 17, with a spikey hairdo and some techno music blasting. He had about 20 decals all over his car including Nismo, GReddy, NOS, etc. He also had one of those big *** exhaust pipes that sounded like a swarm of angry bees. I don't even think that he paid any attention to me on his left.

The light turns green and he floors it with squealing tires. I hit the gas in the 600 and the rear tires try to break loose and the ESP light starts flashing. I flew by him like he was standing still. I could see him looking down at his gauges like something was wrong with his car. The next light turns red and he rolls up on me with his "game face" on. The light turns green and I smoked him by about 8 or 9 car lengths. I hit the brakes to slow down when I got it up to about 80, of course he flies by me going over 100. When the next light catches us, he looks over at me and says "does your dad know that you're driving his car like that"? I looked back at him and said "yeah, does your little sister know that you're driving hers like that"? He gets pissed and turns off. What a tool!

I don't know what it is about those cars that makes people think that they are any semblance of fast. They always want to race, I have no problem obliging them and putting another notch on the bumper.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'99 C230 K
nice kill.

man what a ricer ***, I hate kids like that. you should of got out of the car and ***** slapped him.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:50 PM

2005 Mercedes C-Class
Nice kill. There is nothing wrong about 350Z, the only problem is its driver, mostly its some spoiled kid......
Old 11-18-2005, 10:28 PM

E60 M5, Trailblazer SS, Acura TL, CLK55 (SOLD), E420 (SOLD)
The cars are aiight. All I can say is SAE downgraded the HP numbers from the 287 hp Nissan claimed to something in the ball park of 250-260. They're quick cars but nothing compared to 911s, Supra Turbos, or the AMG 55-series cars.

Where I live, G35 coupe and 350Z drivers are a bunch of posers who think they're driving Ferraris. They drive like jackasses and pretty much act as if they have the fastest car on the road. One time, I was tooling around on Lexington Ave, going uptown and these two guidos (ever see the Butabi brothers in the SNL skit?, yeah like them...) kept trying to race me. They were weaving in/out of traffic, running reds and doing all sorts of stupid crap. Each time I smoked them (and I mean a 2 car length jump off the bat..then slow down after I'm about 1/4 of a city block ahead), those idiots blew by me as if they caught up and took me out. WTF???

I got the bad taste in my mouth waaay before that. I had a 530i sport w/ some mild work (exhaust, intake, short shift kit, clutch mods, pulleys and a NX 75-shot of NO2) back then....this punk and his buddy kept instigating me to race their "blue POS 350Z") on NJ TP going North. As they were beside me, pulling forward and back- the two idiots had these smirks on their faces...you know the one... My car was completely stock on the outside with the exception of clear indicator bulbs (the lenses came clear stock for '01) and the M5 lip spoiler. Even the exhaust was made with a custom tip that tucked flush with the rear bumper (like stock). No idea why a 350Z driver would want to race a family car....

So I decided what the hell and I race him. We're about even up until 90 and I start walking him. I let off the gas and I see both he and his passenger look over at me with muted smirks. At this point, I know I got these ***** (keep in mind this was the FIRST 350Z I've ever raced and at that time I had heard so much hype about these great "Z" cars), and I got them good.

So what do I do? I decide to ***** with them. I shift into 3rd, switched on the nitrous arm (On any trips more than 20 minutes long, I always made sure that I had the bottle nozzle open :v ) and goosed the throttle just enough to get their attention. The two punks sprung into action and gunned it. While telling my passengers to sit tight, I floor it. I rip through 3rd, and then 4th. When I look in my rear view, these fools were about 5 or 6 car lengths behind me. I slow down to and shift into 3rd. Guess what?

Those idiots blow by and put on their hazards like they won.

My call in a nutshell: 350Z and G35 coupe drivers suck (for the most part)
Old 11-18-2005, 10:45 PM

///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS
lol nice post RennT.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
I was out running errands in the S class today. I was driving down one of our major streets here (Scottsdale Rd), when I look in my rear view and notice a car weaving in and out of traffic and driving like an idiot, it was one of those new 350Z things. The light in front of me turns red and the Z pulls up on my right side, There was some kid who looked like he was about 17, with a spikey hairdo and some techno music blasting. He had about 20 decals all over his car including Nismo, GReddy, NOS, etc. He also had one of those big *** exhaust pipes that sounded like a swarm of angry bees. I don't even think that he paid any attention to me on his left.

The light turns green and he floors it with squealing tires. I hit the gas in the 600 and the rear tires try to break loose and the ESP light starts flashing. I flew by him like he was standing still. I could see him looking down at his gauges like something was wrong with his car. The next light turns red and he rolls up on me with his "game face" on. The light turns green and I smoked him by about 8 or 9 car lengths. I hit the brakes to slow down when I got it up to about 80, of course he flies by me going over 100. When the next light catches us, he looks over at me and says "does your dad know that you're driving his car like that"? I looked back at him and said "yeah, does your little sister know that you're driving hers like that"? He gets pissed and turns off. What a tool!

I don't know what it is about those cars that makes people think that they are any semblance of fast. They always want to race, I have no problem obliging them and putting another notch on the bumper.
How old are you? Just wondering, if you look anything past 40, or even 30, his remark was just f'in lame. Not that it wasn't anyways... nice comeback though.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro

Wow, one of the best write ups haha. 350Z is nothing, One blew past me while I was in the ML, I was up for some fun Id figure id play, I get on his nuts and stay there. The guy does all this fancy footwork to get away from me with no avail.. 350z is just a sports car nothing else. They dont even come close to comparing to an Amg. Especially that my 5200LB ML can show em.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lexani
How old are you? Just wondering, if you look anything past 40, or even 30, his remark was just f'in lame. Not that it wasn't anyways... nice comeback though.
35 but my wife tells me I look young
Old 11-19-2005, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
I work right next to a Nissan $tealership and when I bump into the service manager he always hits me with "Why did you buy that Benz (C43)? We could have got you into a 350Z? " My response is always "In 7 yrs since this car has been built you haven't had anything in your showroom that can touch it....and until you do , we have nothing to talk about."
Old 11-19-2005, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Pic? Come on, everyoen knows me.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Originally Posted by Lexani
Pic? Come on, everyoen knows me.
Yeah John, We all know your real name is Shane Kenny

Did you ever shave that thing off?

Haha, John I'm j/p :p
Old 11-19-2005, 02:49 PM

02 ML320, 06 E350
I had a go in with a 350Z once. 2 punk *** kids kept revving it up at every light. I know they wanted to race me since i was driving the M3 that day. so after the retards kept spinning there tires at every light i got behind them a few lights down i could see both of them kept turning back and looking at me, the lighted turned green they floored it tires spinning i floored it got into the lane next to them and passed them, as i passed them i looked over and the passenger was like WTF, i slowed down they did the ricer fly by while giving me the finger.

but some of the older 350Z driver are nicer its just the stupid kids under 20 that think they are the big stuff. i had a run in with a guy in his 30's in a 350Z and he was really nice hes like hey nice car and i said same back to him and we did a little 0-60 race and then gave the wave and thumbs up.

But i must say the AMG drivers are the nicest they always give you a wave and a thumbs up. And of course AMG owners are always nice enough to let me listen to their engine while they enter warp speed and disappear on the horizon.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by JerseyCLK55
Where I live, G35 coupe and 350Z drivers are a bunch of posers who think they're driving Ferraris. They drive like jackasses and pretty much act as if they have the fastest car on the road.
Same goes here. Seems like the G35 is the car to have if you think you're cool. I've spanked many G35's and 350z's on many occasions and always get the ricer fly by with the hazards. Doesnt bother me at all. Just keep an eye out for an intercooler in the front bumper. There are quite a few boosted 350Z's or G35's around, at least in my area. I have to admit, G35's do seem to impress the women for some reason (not that the benz's dont).
Old 11-19-2005, 06:25 PM

OK, not as related to this topic...but a kill story nonetheless.

Two ****weed punks in a black G35 coupe almost "killed" 2 pedestrians because they wanted to act cool and try to jump the light in Hoboken today.

BTW, Hoboken is full of G35s....and 350Zs.

Old 11-19-2005, 06:37 PM

I have to post one more...

I'm so fired up about the G35/350Z phenomenon that if it were worth my while, I'd start a forum on this one just to inform more peeps how STUPID these G35/350Z drivers can be. The demographic "profile" that I've seen so far for the idiot G35/350Z driver (disclaimer: I do not include nice folks who just happen to drive the G35/350Z...I would actually buy this car if I had to).

-Style: decidedly "Guido" (not racial, can be white, asian, spanish,
etc.), "Eminem Wannabe Hip Hop types", "Ricers".

-Intelligence: probably average, but do know JACK about cars.

-Ethnicity: Mostly White or Asian

-Most common Mod: A semi-attractive to hot passenger (for example saw TWO hot girls in a 350Z Vert the other night on Madison Ave.)

-Favorite "Stupid" thing to do: Race cars that outpower theirs by 100 HP.

-My guesstimate of what radio station he/she has on: 103.5 (KTU)- Yeah, I listen to it sometimes...but those of you in the NJ/NY area know what this station is all about.

Oh yeah, there are also a growing number of straight up PUNKS who drive around WRX/WRX STis (in either Blue or White) who are annoying also.

"Nice" Drivers: BMW ///M cars, ////AMG cars, Porsche (911s), Corvette, Viper... I've always had friendlier run-ins with these folks...

Old 11-19-2005, 06:54 PM

There are more who agree on the G35/350Z phenomenon:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...50100&t=296421
Old 11-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Nice kill RennTech. I don't get these people. Don't they know that a stock S600 could beat them?
Old 11-19-2005, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by asianml
Nice kill RennTech. I don't get these people. Don't they know that a stock S600 could beat them?
I was kinda surprised too. Usually the import drivers know, it's the mustang and vette crowd who often get a very unpleasant surprise. :v
Old 11-19-2005, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
i raced 1 of those.
got by about 3 car lengths up to 75-80

i also raced a s600 tt, he had me by half a car length up to 60
he got a head start though, somehow i started pulling on him after 30-35, i just didnt think he'd race
Old 11-20-2005, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Have you considered doning the RennTech ECU/TCU to your S600 as well or is it just the wife's grocery getter?
Old 11-20-2005, 12:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

'05 C55 AMG '15 Jeep SRT '11 G37S
Funny thing is, you apparently have 7 other cars in the stable that could have smoked him as well!!

Nice kill, keep'em coming
Old 11-20-2005, 01:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
I'm gonna make it my goal in life to own any ONE of your cars that you own at currently at 35. Just one.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Dude RennTech, the specs for all your cars are awseome!!!!!
Old 11-20-2005, 04:47 PM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
When the next light catches us, he looks over at me and says "does your dad know that you're driving his car like that"? I looked back at him and said "yeah, does your little sister know that you're driving hers like that"? He gets pissed and turns off. What a tool!
Great responce LOL....

Well done.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by NOTKTS
Have you considered doning the RennTech ECU/TCU to your S600 as well or is it just the wife's grocery getter?
Just the runaround/take out of town guests to dinner car.

It ran a 12.3 at the track today.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S600 vs. Nissan 350Z