Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

What's your best speeding ticket story?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 12:46 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
This one's pretty good and nobody got a ticket.
My friend Drag races a '41' *****'s with a blown alcohol engine making over 2,000 HP and sometimes fires it up at his shop in an industrial park. He had just put the car back together for a race on the weekend and had backed it to the end of the dead end street his shop is on to do a couple of burn outs. Now this thing is seriously LOUD and can be heard for miles. He lays on this thing two or three times leaving two black stipes the length of the road and then parks it out front. Three minutes later two cop cars show up, eye ball the loooong black tire marks and the *****'s sitting there and is isn't hard to figure out what just occured.

The cops swagger up to us and ask if this is the car that made all that noise and left the marks on the pavement. My friend politely and truthfully answeres yes it is. The cops then start to go off on him threatening all kinds fines, jail time, etc. When they finish, he politely informs them that he never said HE was driving. LOL

Nobody could "remember" who was driving and it ended with them leaving and nobody getting a ticket.

Good times.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 563 Likes on 372 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by R. Reyes
Have a few, but the best one was quite a few years back, on my '00 Hayabusa (heavily modded) against a Porshe GT3 and a Yamaha R1 in Austin, Tx about 12:45am. Got on Loop 1 with both when the GT3 punched it out of 1st, and the R1 jumped on him and I was about 15-16 car lengths back. I jumped on it and by the top of 2nd was even with the GT3, and gaining on the R1 doing about 105. I caught the R1 towards the top of 3rd and blew by him getting into the left hand lane as the highway has a gentle left turn in it. I was pinned, boost was maxed in 4th as I came around the turn, and from behind a runoff barrier is a cop (barrier is about 5ft tall-or was, cause it's been removed now) and he was waiting with his lights already flashing as I went by.

I decided that well, "he's gonna have to come get me..." and kept it pinned now into 5th around 165 and went over a hill so I know he couldn't see me. When he came over the hill he was a dot in my mirrors as I was in 6th easily over 180 and coming to slaughter ln. I took the left, and went down about 1.5 miles hitting at least 165 twice on the way to my buddies house. I enter his street and his garage door is up and he's waiting for me as I pull in and kill the bike and he pulls the door down. He says he heard me about 2 miles away coming hard, so he knew what was going on, and was ready. We heard sirens for the next 15 minutes and watched cop cars patrol the neighborhood for the next few hours. The PI data recording system on the bike says I hit a top speed of 192.

Damn, I miss that bike.....

Best story of the thread so far. I would have peed myself at that speed in any vehicle, let alone a bike.
Old 01-31-2008, 02:09 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
Here's another one that's hard to beat for sheer stupidity on my part.

Cruising 80 mph down I-95 to visit some friends for lunch and get clocked by an airplane and ticketed shortly after.

Two hours later I'm heading home and you guessed it. Forget about the airplane and get another ticket from the same cop in the same location. Talk about dumb!

Good ending however. One of the cops doesn't show up in court and BOTH tickets get dismissed.

I could keep this thread going forever with the tickets I've had.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Honda CRV
only caught once

First time ever was on my permit, driving out of state. my dad didn't really understand a permit.

I'm driving a mini-van from NJ in Mass, on my permit, on 93 I think. I'm doing 85 come around a bend and he's sitting right there. The whole time, my dad was telling me to speed down, but I was 16...
I see him pull out and my Dad tells me to keep going. He comes up behind me lights sirens going, but my dad says to keep going! I thought this was crazy but I did it. Sure enough the cop slows up and pulls over someone next to me.

In my small town I was on my restricted which means you can't be out past 12, fell asleep at my girlfriends house and come flying home. I was doing 80 in a 25, but that wasn't it. I come to the intersection, california stop and no signal as a cop drives by. He pulls me over right next to my backyard. I'm praying my parents don't look out the window. Luckily he was my 4th grade teachers son, he took my PBA cards and said I could stop by the station and get them, but I let him keep them.

I was driving in Wildwood with my buddy, sub blasting. I had heard of noise violations so I keot turing it down but he liked it. I see a cop on the side, quickly turn it down. I look back and see his headlights are on, I make a quick right, another , trying to loose him before he even turns his lights on. I get back to my beachhouse pull into the parking lot underneath, back into my spot, and the cop pulls infront of me and turns his lights on. I look at my friend and don't know what to do. I roll down my window and say "can I help you?" he yells for me to get out of the car and come over to him. He tells me he could have written me up for loud music and evading an officer, which i thought was weird becaue he lights never went on. He told me if he caught me doing anything I would get written up for it all.

Driving across florida in Bradford County back to school. It's about 10 in the morning adn I had been driving since 830 the previous morning, Cracked out on redbull. The road had spedlimit of 65, I was doing around 85-90. THe speed limit would drop from 65 to 55, to 45 to 35 as you came into a town. I had my girlfriend and her roomate in the car behind me. I just pass a 55 warning sign, traffic light turns yellow, let off the gas and get through the light while it was yellow. Not a second after I pass the intersection I look to the right to see a white undercover crown vic, and then my passport 9500i goes off with laser. Lukicly my girlfriend stopped at the light. I give him my PBA cards and the hick didn't even know what they were let alone what a 1st Grade Detective was. Gives me a ticket for 65.4 in 55. Careless driving, and a warning for going through a yello light. I had to do 4 hour online driving course to get rid of point, and pay $192.

hoping for my passport 9500i to save me some more.
and i plan to get an R1 this summer....
Old 04-20-2010, 09:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 E430 SE
Ok, I must be a hick too because I dont know what a PBA card is either! What is it?
Old 04-20-2010, 11:51 PM

2000 Honda CRV
Originally Posted by Red66GT
Ok, I must be a hick too because I dont know what a PBA card is either! What is it?
police beivelolent association.
a card given to family of police members to show you are one of them, helps you to get out of tickets. i have a Detectice's endowment association card with my uncles name on it, he didn't even know what a detective was
Old 04-25-2010, 08:19 PM

C63
just missed

cruising on the interstate just on the fast side of 100 when i came over a hill and was face to face with a trooper. I hit the brakes but not hard enough because my detector lit up at over 100. I just pulled over just a bout a quarter mile up the road. He told me to come and sit with him in his car. he asked me why i was going so fast. I told him i was passing a row of 18 wheelers because twice i've had tires hit my windshields. i told him i was passing them fast because i was not aware of a max passing speed in the state of alabama. he looked confused and sent me back to my car to wait. he spent about 5 minutes on his radio and came over told me i need to get rid of my radar detector and said he was giving me a warning for 99 MPH and said he never gave one that fast and never would again. Me and my son were on our way.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:47 PM

C63,ML 350,S60 2.5t and E350
It was the 3rd day i had my e46 m3 Imola Red dam that car was pretty. I was on a road speed limit was 45mph with my cousin I told him i bet i can hit 100 mph in 3rd gear so hammered it I was doing 100mph+ around 105-115. A local township cop coming in the other direction pulls a U turn and follows me. I pull off on a side street he asks why i was flying i told him it was a new car and and wasnt used to the SMG yet. He then looks at my license and temp reg and saids im gonna cut you a break and lets me go. When he was walking back to his car he tells me this is one hell of a car and he loves BMW M series. He then asks if i though about running i say no and drive off.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:05 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Bought my '04 C32 AMG this past Saturday after flying to Dallas. Was driving it back to Houston and wasn't but maybe 30 minutes in to my trip on I-45 just south of Dallas when I decided I needed to know what this car was capable of. Foot, meet pedal. Pedal, meet floor. I can only assume the go real fast mode was switched on at that point as my eyeballs got a good look at the head rest from the back of my skull. I quickly, nay, very quickly approached the vehicle off in the distance ahead of me and moved into the far left lane as smooth as if I was doing 55 mph. It felt amazing, the power, the handling, the sound of my girlfriend in the passenger seat screaming at me to slow down...it was all so serene.

Eventually I obliged and let of the accelerator and drifted back down to what felt like the speed limit. Just as I crossed an overpass there he was, waiting for me. The lights came on and he started pulling out, everyone else was way behind me so I naturally knew it was me he had his sights on. I looked down to see how fast I was traveling figuring it was somewhere right over the 10 mph break they usually give. No Sir, 97 smooth as butter mph in a 65 mph zone.

So I hit the blinker, pulled over and turned on my hazard lights. The Stat Trooper exits the car, walks up, looks me in the eyes and says "I expected a hell of a lot more from an AMG boy." Are you serious?!?! This cop wanted me to be going faster, felt like asking him to get back in his car and I'd fulfill his expectations. But I don't like jail so I kept that one to myself.

Either way he was pretty cool about it, we talked cars for a few minutes. He brought up the fact that he owns a GSX-R and likes the speed too, all the while my girlfriend is sitting there crossed arms, huffing and puffing that we didn't even leave Dallas before I got my ticket.

Ticket wound up being a little over $300 with no option for defensive driving. Well worth it if you ask me.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:59 PM

02 330i & 99 ML430
Originally Posted by dmyrick
told me i need to get rid of my radar detector
That's bs. You can have a detector in Alabama.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:32 PM

2005 CLK500 Cabriolet 2004 Maserati GT Coupe 2004 BMW 328cic
Year = 1995
Car = 1994 Mazda RX7 Turbo
Location= HWY 10 Westbound, Banning, CA

After a weekend of party in Palm Springs me and a friend are driving home back to LA. On the way back we decided we wana get home sooner rather than later. So slowly i start going faster and faster till i just punched it! We are at TOP speed! About 15 minutes into the drive we see lights on us but dont see a cop car behind us. We look to the sides, nothing. We keep looking behind us, nothing. So thats when my friend decided to look up! "Ohhh ****!! Its a CHP helicopter MAN!" Yep, the copter was pulling us over! So not being able ( or so i was thinking i couldn't, at the time) to outrun it i slowed down and pulled over. The chopper hovered over us for what seemed forever till a patrol car pulled up. The cop was pissed! He got out and started yelling at us...i mean he was pissed! Took the keys to the car, put the handcuffs on me and threw me in the back of the car and called a tow truck for the mazda. He gave me the biggest and worst ticket of my life! On the ticket approximate speed 150mph +, in the notes section: " Pulling away from patrol car at top speed" ...also got me for tinted windows..lol. So the car went to impound yard for 30 days, i went to jail for the day ( till friends bailed me out) and my friend got a ride to Burger King ...or McDonalds..(forgot which it was )...when it was all said and done everything ended up costing me about $4800. Ohh and i lost my DRL for 6 months as well.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:55 AM

2008 W211
My story

Well this happened about a year ago while I was driving my 550.

I was speeding along in the fastlane of the freeway going about 100 when I spot a parked car on the shoulder of the freeway. The closer I get to it, I notice it is a PoPo car and the PoPo walking towards his car. I see the PoPo turn his head and see me and start running to his car and jump inside.

After passing the PoPo with no sight of him in my rearview mirror, I make a mad dash across all 4 lanes of the freeway and get off the first offramp. Stopped at the stoplight of the offramp for what seemed to be 2-3 minutes. During that 2-3 minutes I was franticly checking my rearview mirror hoping the PoPo did not see me pull off the freeway and pull up behind me. Thank god he didn't. Coast is clear

I figured since it was 2-3 minutes that passed while waiting on the offramp, the coast was clear and the PoPo was probably down the freeway a couple miles still looking for me.

Stupid me I get back on the freeway taking the same onramp and what do I see pulled over on the shoulder of the onramp? PoPo.

Long story short he sees me, pulls behind me, flashes his lights, and pulls me over. I get off the next offramp with the PoPo right behind me.

PoPo gets out of his car, walks up to my car, and says, "That was fun. Driver's license and registration."

Not for me. As it turns out he writes me up for the full 100 mph ticket which ends up costing me something like $600.00 or so.

Moral: If something like this happens to you, do NOT get on the onramp. Especially the same onramp you just got off of.