Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

VR6's, Audi A4's against a Kompressor?? Please...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cars
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
I love it. Your neighbor has a bunch of half a mil. cars and you're stuck with a car that costs as much as mine.. maybe.

Awesome neighborhood.

I'm 20 yrs old who would give me a supercar? I get enough speeding tickets as it is but even without those, who would let me learn how to drive stick in a supercar? that would be rediculous. I got my car to learn stick and to get to school and back thats it. people were pissed off enough in high school at a kid having a benz, my parents didnt even let me drive my car to school for a year after i got my license because my brothers car was keyed in the school parking lot. Clearly even the guy that owns the enzo/carrerra GT is not going to let his sons or daughters drive them and call it their own. My brother and sister have C230s too my bro has a '97 and my sis has a '05 and my dads got the 745Li and we have an expedition and a van too for long trips. When I got my car it wasn't cause I deserved an upgrade its cause my '92 300E was having too many problems, had I done better in school I woulda had a wider selection of cars to choose from opposed to just "safe and efficient." My mom wanted somthing with a warranty so theres no problems, (which is why I couldnt get my past dream car the E36 M3) my dad wanted somthing he can pay for in cash and not worry about payments and I wanted somthing in a stick so all parties were satisfied with what I got. Now that I will graduate college before my older brother I'll be able to get whatever I want in '07 as a grad present. If you look at the picture from Kings post you can see my neighbors house across the street...thats 1/4 of the house and this is CA land isnt cheap. I'm not trying to show off but there's no way to explain it without explaining the background, my parents aren't into cars at all, they're into real estate because its a "smarter investment" my neighbors are a different story. I think I overclarified enough to prevent further discrepencies but I will post a video or pix the next time I see him take it out, all my neighbors have cool cars and they actually floor them instead of staying in the slow lane like alot of other ppl, I just need their permission to put it on the internet. and yes it is an awesome neighborhood.

btw the enzo is well over half a mil and a 330i doesnt come close to half a mil so I wouldnt say a "bunch"
Old 01-09-2006, 04:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

88 Caddy on 28's
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA @ C230
Old 01-09-2006, 04:27 AM

Cars
btw king what the hell engine was in that A4 you posted a dyno for, it showed stock hp and torque over 200 he had to have some mods before the chip/or those are not #'s to the wheels...just curious as I haven't looked up the hp figures for all the engine models even then I find it hard to get those numbers to the WHEELS that'd be 1 fast audi.

When I get back home I'll take some pix for u guys to enjoy, I never get to use my digital camera so this will be a good excuse, but school is the priority right now

and mill I just saw your last post I must've been too sleepy b4, sorry for the late reply but Im a business/MHR major, I've taken psych classes and I really enjoy the subject because I like analyzing people and human actions etc. I've been doing it subconsciously my whole life, but I'm going to concentrate on graduating early b4 taking enrichment classes good luck to u dood Cal Poly Pomona supposedly has a good rep as a business school my dad says alot of his clients graduated from there w/business majors and are doing quite well, hope I can do the same so I can get cars like my neighbors
Old 01-09-2006, 06:13 AM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
Originally Posted by tedypedy
didnt they start upgrading the hp on the 330i's a cpl yrs ago? i recall reading it would get a power boost or somthing like that to make it more appealing as a sport car.
No they did not, it has had a 3 ltr with 231 Hp from the start.
Just recently in the new 3 series the 330i has increased the power to 258 Hp.

The meantioned Sport package or M Package is just related to suspension and looks. Can also be offered with SMG.

The 325i has had app 192 Hp since the introduction of the E46 body.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:42 AM

05 C230 Spt Komp. 99 911 Carrera
Lex, the A4 was a 2001 I believe and the VR6 was a 96. I have the guys tellin me on the video what they have done to it. The VW had a fair amount done whereas the A4 SAID he only had an exhaust package, but it sure sounded like he had some tunning work done aswell just from the sound of his turbo. Regardless, the VR6 took me, but I took the A4. But its all good...I told the VW guy that I'd give him a ring next time I bring out the 911
Old 01-09-2006, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
TP, the A4 is a 2.0T with only an APR chip (increases boost). Thats why A4s are insanely easy to tune. I have no doubt that with 5 or 6K you could get that car over 500hp (ive seen similar stuff done on 1.8ts when i had my A4 2.8).

Erik, the 330Ci is available with a performance package that adds 10 HP to the car for 235HP. This will do 0-60 in 5.9 secs, not bad for a 6-cyl engine under 250hp.
http://www.bmwusa.com/Vehicles/3/330...e/Features.htm

Midnight, what year was the A4 you took? Im not doubting your story because stock turbo A4s can be pigs, especially the B6 series (02-04) which was really just a fatter version of the B5 (96-01) with the same 1.8t engine. The B7 however (05-) is what i posted the dynograph of. That car is decent stock and is dangerous when tuned. There were guys on Audiworld with 1.8Ts running in the mid 12s and a few were even into the 11s, and thats not even where the car truely shines (Quattro is vicious on a road course).
Old 01-09-2006, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Midnight, there has been a misunderstanding. I've been backing the '06 A4. I know the other A4s from the previous years are fast as well, but I can PROMISE you, the new A4 will take a C230. The old A4s (2.0T) 0-60 is in the 8s near 9s, with the new A4s (2.0T) in the 7s. Again, I've not driven a C230, but my son's A4 ('06), pulls harder than I believe a C230 can. Just my opinion.

King, thanks on behalf of my son and myself for taking the time and effort to compile some links to Audi's tuning market, my son is looking into it and hopes to have something installed by the end of February on his vehicle.

Thanks again.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Lexani
Midnight, there has been a misunderstanding. I've been backing the '06 A4. I know the other A4s from the previous years are fast as well, but I can PROMISE you, the new A4 will take a C230. The old A4s (2.0T) 0-60 is in the 8s near 9s, with the new A4s (2.0T) in the 7s. Again, I've not driven a C230, but my son's A4 ('06), pulls harder than I believe a C230 can. Just my opinion.

King, thanks on behalf of my son and myself for taking the time and effort to compile some links to Audi's tuning market, my son is looking into it and hopes to have something installed by the end of February on his vehicle.

Thanks again.
Lex, no problem. The old A4s were 1.8Ts, but could get pretty mean too. Post some pics when he gets the goods on.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by King320
Lex, no problem. The old A4s were 1.8Ts, but could get pretty mean too. Post some pics when he gets the goods on.
I know. Those A4s are brutally vicious when they're modded.

King, now you must realise, if my son gets his A4 faster than any of my SL600s, I'm going to hold it against you lol :p j/k

I'll for sure take some snapshots of his car when he gets something done to it. Thanks again.

-John
Old 01-10-2006, 12:58 AM

I understand Lex, no prob. But yeh, this guys' got a 2000 or 2001, I forget, but either way hes runnin a 1.8t with an exhaust package. He deff. had some tunning done though. Im no idiot and even I know he had somethin else under that hood. But I will send the video to you as soon as I can upload it, promise. And that does'nt lie. But I do know that the 2000's with the V6 were deff. slower than the 1.8t's. The one big dissapointment I have with the new Benz is the shifting. I feel like I'm in an 18 wheeler. There is so much down time between gears that almost anyone with a true manual car could beat me. I'm used throwin the 911 through 6 gears like butter, but this Benz... Anything on the market I could do to fix that or change somehow? I'm not famililar with upgrading for Mercedes.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Midnight Bullet
I understand Lex, no prob. But yeh, this guys' got a 2000 or 2001, I forget, but either way hes runnin a 1.8t with an exhaust package. He deff. had some tunning done though. Im no idiot and even I know he had somethin else under that hood. But I will send the video to you as soon as I can upload it, promise. And that does'nt lie. But I do know that the 2000's with the V6 were deff. slower than the 1.8t's. The one big dissapointment I have with the new Benz is the shifting. I feel like I'm in an 18 wheeler. There is so much down time between gears that almost anyone with a true manual car could beat me. I'm used throwin the 911 through 6 gears like butter, but this Benz... Anything on the market I could do to fix that or change somehow? I'm not famililar with upgrading for Mercedes.

I'll be waiting for the video-- anxiously no less, could you hear he's modded or is it a strong hunch?

And, for tuning products:

-Brabus
-Kleeman
-RennTECH
-MKB
-Vath
-Lorinser
-WALD
-EVOsport

And many more. Just go to google, type in either followed by "MB" or anything, and you will find a plethora of options on modding your Benz. Let me know when you push 500+ to the wheels, because than my friend, it's on. :p
Old 01-10-2006, 01:10 AM

Oh, and just to re-itterate a few points here...I did'nt get this 230 to be an underground street racer. Its my first Benz, I was'nt gonna shell out on somethin big right away. I just don't understand why TP keeps racing his. No offense man, but its not like your rolling up to the line in a McClaren F1 or something. I am very aware of the fact that its the entry level car....Hence my purchase. I just wanted to get a feel for what it has. Every driver wants to know a car's capabilites. I did the same with the 911 a while back, against M3's, eh yeh I guess, but against a modded Supra...no *** way. So don't get the impression that Im out to strike fear into the heart's of drivers. Its just a nice little car to take out to dinner or for ice-cream or something. Thats about it. If someone really has beef with me, Ill meet 'em at the line with something a little quicker than the Benz, and I don't mean my Jeep or the Olds.. lol.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:12 AM

I'll be waiting for the video-- anxiously no less, could you hear he's modded or is it a strong hunch?

:p
Well I could hear the blow-off real clear, and it sounded like maybe a short-throw gearbox. The video will speak for itself. Like I said, dial up is an upload *****.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:28 AM

ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57

Erik, the 330Ci is available with a performance package that adds 10 HP to the car for 235HP. This will do 0-60 in 5.9 secs, not bad for a 6-cyl engine under 250hp.
http://www.bmwusa.com/Vehicles/3/330...e/Features.htm

That was strange, it must be a US spec only alternative, because in Europe this is not known at all. I wonder what they have done with it.

THe Euro spec 330i has as I said 331 Hp, that equalls you 225 Hp spec I geuss. The difference is just related to the US Hp standard vs the Euro.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Banned

w210 E55
Ahahahaha! Holy **** man stop typing!!!!

I can't take it anymore, I damn near fell off my chair laughing!

Thank god it was all a joke...

Right?

Ok, first, there's a lost concept (to you anyways) that YOU are not grasping:

Your vehicle, BY ANY STANDARDS, is NOT FAST!

You WILL NOT keep up with an M3. Ever. The guy can race you backwards, your still not going to pull on him. Honestly man, your stupidity and ego aside, your car cant catch a marathon runner.

Oh, and please, actually type like you graduated high school; your writing competes with fifth-graders. And even that...

Other than that, go out and kill some more M3s and RS4s...

Someone please race this Dr. Dre here. In an A4 or something...
Wait a minute Lexani, TP might have been holding back some important info!

Now if his c230 has stickers....it would be a whole different story.Hell, K&N sticker alone is worth @ 65 documented RWHP.No ****. Back that up with an 8" screw on exhaust tip....

Old 01-10-2006, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
But I do know that the 2000's with the V6 were deff. slower than the 1.8t's.
Nope, a chipped 1.8T might be, but stock the V6 will win everytime (i had a 2000 A4 2.8) The V6 has about 195HP, 1.8T has about 170. V6 is a 7 sec 0-60 with a manual, 1.8T is slower than that.

it sounded like maybe a short-throw gearbox
Whaaa? How'd you hear a shortshifter?
Old 01-10-2006, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by amgdriven
Wait a minute Lexani, TP might have been holding back some important info!

Now if his c230 has stickers....it would be a whole different story.Hell, K&N sticker alone is worth @ 65 documented RWHP.No ****. Back that up with an 8" screw on exhaust tip....

Ahahahahahahaha

Those stickers-- man, I was thinking of getting a MKB sticker on my car, but that only adds a couple horsepower versus the BRABUS sticker which adds near 100!

Why didn't I think of stickers earlier!?

Old 01-10-2006, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
King, now you must realise, if my son gets his A4 faster than any of my SL600s, I'm going to hold it against you lol :p j/k
-John
I'm going to hold it against those huge chrome wheels! How much do those things weigh apiece? J/K man
Im not saying I dont like them, did you see any performance loss when you put them on? Its gotta hurt wheel HP by addding additional unsprung weight and rotational mass. I guess the 600 has enough power not to notice terribly.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm going to hold it against those huge chrome wheels! How much do those things weigh apiece? J/K man
Im not saying I dont like them, did you see any performance loss when you put them on? Its gotta hurt wheel HP by addding additional unsprung weight and rotational mass. I guess the 600 has enough power not to notice terribly.
I've no clue-- but they are a heavy pair for sure.

I didn't notice any performance loss when I put them on, just turning became a little harder. Honestly, not to sound cokcy, but the SL600 (or any high-end SL for that matter), wouldn't notice the extra weight the rims are cursed with.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:38 PM

C32
King - you reminded me of Improviz. I missed him a lot, especially when he was going at it with Thai and M&M. Some of his posts were analytical with an underlying tone of pure comedy.

I haven't been as entertained on MBWorld these days, but I was laughing the entire time along this thread. We are not dissing 230 owners, but there's an inherent behavior of inflated ego due to the 3 pointed star badge. It's an entry level MB (in the US), and is not meant to be a performance car unless you modify the engine bay. Numbers don't lie.

A couple of things I've come across:

- TP finally admits he lost to a VR6 - that's expected son
- Midnight Bullet's quote of owning an MB - I will rather claim owning a Porsche, but that's me.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by Erik
46 325i is also a I6 car, even the E46 320i is. maybe still to early for you. :p
Syrry about that, you are correct. Thought it was a four for a second because of the tremendous power it puts out... haha. Point being they're not fast cars.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:52 AM

2002 C230 K, 6 speed
Well I could hear the blow-off real clear, and it sounded like maybe a short-throw gearbox. The video will speak for itself. Like I said, dial up is an upload *****.
I love my C230k. I don't care about what you guys say about them. It is faster than my friend's 2002 vr6. My car is stock. I pulled from him decently.I will smoke any unmoded 1.8t as well. If they are moded than no chance. 1.8t' s are extremly upgradeble. The new 2.0t (I test drive the new GTI) are probably a little bit stronger than the c230k but it did not feel so fast when I drove it.
Conclusion: C230 k is not a fast car if you compare it to the M series or SL, AMG, but it can compete to VW/Audi cars in the same year range.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Ahahahahahahaha

Those stickers-- man, I was thinking of getting a MKB sticker on my car, but that only adds a couple horsepower versus the BRABUS sticker which adds near 100!

Why didn't I think of stickers earlier!?

John you dumb ***, for the price of one brabus sticker you could get 4 RENNtech stickers at 50 HP a piece.

Also are we disputing johns car again??? TP Let me put you back into your hole.

Old 03-26-2006, 08:30 PM

2000 CLK 430 Coupe
If you could hear a blow-off valve on a 1.8T, he not only modded it, he modded it poorly. These engines do not use blow-off valves; they use bypass valves. Some owners like to hack the stock configuration and put in a blow-off valve because they like the sound of it when they shift. The stock turbo and bypass valve are nearly inaudible above the intake and exhaust roar, and blow-off valves are generally considered all show at the cost of "go".

Here is a link to some videos of my old chipped 1.8T with a very mild downpipe-back exhaust: http://on-ion.freeservers.com/custom.html

(Watching those makes me kind of miss that car. )

Also, for Lexani and those interested, the software upgrades from APR and other reputable tuners do not even require the installation of a hardware chip. The programming can be delivered to the stock ECU through the diagnostic port under the dashboard using a laptop and VAG-COM / OBDC 2 cable. You can also select different programs on the fly, including higher octane and valet settings. Slick stuff.

And no worries Lexani, he won't be touching SL600 performance without some serious investments--but he will be getting huge bang for the buck by sticking to the basics. If the 2.0 is anything like the 1.8, it's one heck of a stout engine.

Regards,

e harmon
Old 03-28-2006, 01:23 PM

2005 Chrysler 300c and 2004 Range Rover hse
VR6 and 1.8T variants are very tunable and not too shabby when stock, should hang with or beat a 230. Most 1.8Ts will blow a 230K to the moon when tuned with only a chip. (i used to own an audi 2.8, and wished i had bought the 1.8T because modifying the thing is almost as easy as tuning a japanese car)
Please they dont even need a chip to beat the 230. The only thing a 230 can beat are VW 2.0s

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VR6's, Audi A4's against a Kompressor?? Please...