Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

SL600 v Bentley Continental GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
360 Spider
Wink SL600 v Bentley Continental GT

So there I am minding my own business with the top down. I made a left and floored it getting her up to 70+mph. In the rear view I see a white Conti GT with his Xenons on in the middle of a sunny day He speeds up to me and I let him catch me we then slow down to a light. I see he is some 30 something guido just shaking his head. For what? Does he think that his car is better than mine bc it says Bentley? I am clearly quicker, what a loser. His windows were up and I was tempted to say "Nice Volkswagon you've got there" . My car would have easily smoked him (GOT TORQUE?) but we hit rush hour traffic.

If anyone knows the driver of a White Conti GT in Essex/Union County tell him that his VW is fast but not as fast as my 600......and I have a drop top! RENNtech to follow..
Old 01-13-2006, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
And the kill happened....when???
Old 01-13-2006, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
Love the car tho. Post a story when you burn one.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
CLKfiftyfive,

You are a sore loser. My SL600 would tear your SL600 apart. First of all, I have an MKB aero kit, for improved aerodynamics, and I also have K&N Air Filter, plus full cat back system.

Got horsepower? 520+ HP

Bring it on. :v

Oh, and I've already killed a Continental. Beat it by a couple car lengths, pretty quick cars, but not really "up-there". I was pulling like crazy, leave it at that. CLK, you would have smoked him no doubt.

Regards,
John
Old 01-13-2006, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLkfiftyfive,

I almost forgot my... well, I DID forget my:

"J/K" in my previous post, I meant no insults
Old 01-13-2006, 07:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
that was horrible
this thread needs to b removed
c my "clk55 v. g35" thread for an example of a thread that belongs here

Old 01-13-2006, 08:59 AM
Banned

Bantha
Originally Posted by ///CLKfiftyfive
Does he think that his car is better than mine bc it says Bentley?
I would hope he does. Who WOULDN'T take a Bentley over a Benz? SL's so are much more common to see on the roads.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Originally Posted by tuscanraider
I would hope he does. Who WOULDN'T take a Bentley over a Benz? SL's so are much more common to see on the roads.

Around here?? I never see any of either one. In fact, I never see much more then SUVs in these parts. The most exotic car in central NJ is the budget ricer who bolts unpainted body kits on his Civic.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by RBrenton88
The most exotic car in central NJ is the budget ricer who bolts unpainted body kits on his Civic.
.......I thought yours was...........
Old 01-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Banned

Bantha
Originally Posted by RBrenton88
Around here?? I never see any of either one. In fact, I never see much more then SUVs in these parts. The most exotic car in central NJ is the budget ricer who bolts unpainted body kits on his Civic.
Drive thru the Colts Neck/Marlboro area.....SL's and all sorts of AMG's are quite popular. I always laugh when I see Jews driving MB's and BMW's....how hypocritical as they drive to the temple for Holocaust memorials!!!! I also regularly see Bentley Coupes up on 18N around the Turnpike area....
Old 01-13-2006, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BMW and Mercedes
I see he is some 30 something guido just shaking his head. For what? Does he think that his car is better than mine bc it says Bentley?
I dunno dude, he was probably just shaking his head cause he saw you looking over at him and assumed that you wanted to race....
Old 01-13-2006, 04:08 PM

2005 Mercedes C-Class
So there I am minding my own business with the top down. I made a left and floored it getting her up to 70+mph. In the rear view I see a white Conti GT with his Xenons on in the middle of a sunny day He speeds up to me and I let him catch me we then slow down to a light. I see he is some 30 something guido just shaking his head. For what? Does he think that his car is better than mine bc it says Bentley? I am clearly quicker, what a loser. His windows were up and I was tempted to say "Nice Volkswagon you've got there" . My car would have easily smoked him (GOT TORQUE?) but we hit rush hour traffic.

If anyone knows the driver of a White Conti GT in Essex/Union County tell him that his VW is fast but not as fast as my 600......and I have a drop top! RENNtech to follow..
Thats pretty insane to call someone who is driving Bentely Continental GT looser....thats just not right and anyways, whats wrong with VW? I can buy a stupid SL350 and put an SL600 badge and I will have same looking car as yours.....
I just wanted to say that I would take Conti GT ANY DAY over the SL600, just because modern benzes are full of issues and they are way too common.
"Does he think that his car is better than mine bc it says Bentley?" Bentely is really better than your SL600.
"I was tempted to say "Nice Volkswagon you've got there" Your probably one of those stupid americans who say stupid **** and they've made money just because they were too lucky.....Dude, wake up, you're driving Mercedes, so try to be above those stupid people with stupid compliments, if you're one of them, then go and buy a truck, pimp it up and be happy.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C230SS 6MT, 1966 Triumph TR4a IRS, Shelby Cobra 427 Supercharged
Originally Posted by tuscanraider
Drive thru the Colts Neck/Marlboro area.....SL's and all sorts of AMG's are quite popular. I always laugh when I see Jews driving MB's and BMW's....how hypocritical as they drive to the temple for Holocaust memorials!!!! I also regularly see Bentley Coupes up on 18N around the Turnpike area....
Its kinda bad, but MB was around before Hitler. What would be worse is if we were to be seen driving a VW, whose sole reason for even existing is Hitler wanted a car for the people. Which helps add to my case that the VW Jetta is the anit-christ! And following that, a Porsche would be the same, because if it wasnt for VW, who knows if Porsche would be anything today. However, Audi is not so much as they were around before Hitler too.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by elbimmer
Thats pretty insane to call someone who is driving Bentely Continental GT looser....thats just not right and anyways, whats wrong with VW? I can buy a stupid SL350 and put an SL600 badge and I will have same looking car as yours.....
I just wanted to say that I would take Conti GT ANY DAY over the SL600, just because modern benzes are full of issues and they are way too common.
"Does he think that his car is better than mine bc it says Bentley?" Bentely is really better than your SL600.
"I was tempted to say "Nice Volkswagon you've got there" Your probably one of those stupid americans who say stupid **** and they've made money just because they were too lucky.....Dude, wake up, you're driving Mercedes, so try to be above those stupid people with stupid compliments, if you're one of them, then go and buy a truck, pimp it up and be happy.
Dang, i think you're going a bit far. Im not to big on the GT. The thing weighs more than a G-wagen, talk about a waste of a great car. Its too much of a pig to be able to enjoy its awesome engine. As for VW, i like thier cars, used to have an Audi, and love the new Veyron, but i do think they keep a few too many commonalities between their cars, especially newer Audis (not the Veyron). The Bently is a good car, but it is a distant echo of its former glory, sortof like many of the new Aston Martins (you can see Ford's fingerprints).

You sound really pissed of for a neutral bystander, associating his fortune to "luck" and labeling him as a "stupid american" grow up and take that chip off your shoulder, its probably impeding your progress as it is. Oh and still...
Old 01-13-2006, 06:51 PM

1998 honda civic lx
///CLKfiftyfive, it does sound like you have some serious pride issues...if you had a dtm or an slr...the attitude could follow...but even where i live in north carolina, i see sl600s regularly...(I'd say there are 4 that are regulars where I go). I've never seen a continental gt around here. You might want to get some perspective...and realize you're not the s*** just because of your car....one that's a good car, but not anything to make the world stop and stare because it's so rare or anything.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:03 PM

2006 CL65

thats frank kerbeck's son
of F.C. Kerbeck dealer

he is a *****
not a guido though. he is armenian, but tries to pull off the guido look
Old 01-13-2006, 07:14 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
over here i see more conti's than sl's

when they were first on the steets i would have a good look but now i see them pretty regular so its no big deal

for the money i'd much sooner have an aston even if they are owned by ford..there much rarer and always gain a crowd
Old 01-13-2006, 07:43 PM

360 Spider
I can buy a stupid SL350 and put an SL600 badge and I will have same looking car as yours.....
you probably would

Bentely is really better than your SL600.
Actually it really isn't. What do you mean by better? It costs more but is it really worth the extra $$$? The SL600 is one of the sickest MB's available today. Comfort & Power together in a hard drop top...WOW. The only two Benzes out there that can compete are the 65 series AMGs and the SLR. The 55K cars are slower, just a fact.

"I was tempted to say "Nice Volkswagon you've got there" Your probably one of those stupid americans who say stupid **** and they've made money just because they were too lucky
Well I'm alot luckier than you

----------------------------------------------------------------------

My summary: your name is "elbimmer" and you drive a C-Class, nuff said...do yourself and the world a favor and kill yourself :p

Oh yeah, stop sweating the United States so much. We are the world's only superpower and every other nation must bow down to us. Just look at how fast we took over Iraq!
Old 01-13-2006, 08:19 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by King320
.... is a distant echo of its former glory, sortof like many of the new Aston Martins (you can see Ford's fingerprints)....
I disagree about the new AM's....
Old 01-13-2006, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by ClayJ
I disagree about the new AM's....
Im not talking about all new AMs. I drove one of the new DB9s and was very impressed, my only surprise was that some of the car seemed to be less than waht it could have been (buttons were plasticy, leather wasnt quite waht i thought it would be). It was a great experience, but i think Ford should be careful not to skimp at all on any areas in this market segment, including plasticy buttons.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
id take a cl 55/600/65 over a gt any day, my car will keep up w/ 1 to 100 easily
Old 01-14-2006, 02:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I can buy a stupid SL350 and put an SL600 badge and I will have same looking car as yours.....
Yeah, and pray no one notices the brake size difference. Any real car enthusiast would know you are a fake; and those who dont notice, probably wouldn't care you have a "600" on your rear.

Well... no one really asked you which would you rather have. And frankly, I think the forum could have survived without your "opinion".

LMAO, yeah, right. Wake me up and remind me how much better your GT is than my SL when I fall asleep at the finish line waiting for you.

If countering stupidity with stupidity is how you approach things, you're right on track.

Clkfiftyfive,

Your lucky your so far away, else I would have raced you by now. Allows nice to meet fellow Benz enthusiast with the same vehicle and (close-enough) attitude.

Old 01-14-2006, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMG_55
id take a cl 55/600/65 over a gt any day, my car will keep up w/ 1 to 100 easily
And beyond, those GT's, TuscanRaider correct me if I'm wrong, tie with Mustang Cobras. You are a tad faster than the Cobras, so I believe you would more than 'keep' up with the GT; more like give him a full-fledged a$$-forkin'.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 Bentley GTC, Porsche GT2/EVOMS GT700, 1968 Dodge Charger Hemi
As someone who has both, I can tell you that the 2 are completely different cars. The 600 is an absolute torque monster that is a drag racing machine. The GT is an all wheel drive luxo cruiser that can move fast when it has to. There is no doubt that the 600 is faster by alot. I don't think that people who but the GT are intrested in pure performance, there are other cars for similar or less money that will outperform the GT. Out of all of the stable, I have to say that the GT attracts more attention from people than all of the others. OK, OK the CGT attracts a ton of attention, but mostly from people who know what it is, the Bentley has a crowd flock everywhere I take it, especially women. With all that being said, get both if you can!!
Old 01-14-2006, 07:28 AM

2005 Mercedes C-Class
Originally Posted by Lexani
Yeah, and pray no one notices the brake size difference. Any real car enthusiast would know you are a fake; and those who dont notice, probably wouldn't care you have a "600" on your rear.

Well... no one really asked you which would you rather have. And frankly, I think the forum could have survived without your "opinion".

LMAO, yeah, right. Wake me up and remind me how much better your GT is than my SL when I fall asleep at the finish line waiting for you.

If countering stupidity with stupidity is how you approach things, you're right on track.

Clkfiftyfive,

Your lucky your so far away, else I would have raced you by now. Allows nice to meet fellow Benz enthusiast with the same vehicle and (close-enough) attitude.

Lexani, com'on, you're the one who cant even post a video on the internet...
And hell yeah, everybody will notice that brake size difference..LOL
And I've voted for you as a president. What a waste..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL600 v Bentley Continental GT