Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

head to head with 6 series bmw

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Ricker, no need to be a wise *** here with the undertaker driving him (God forbid) comment. Apparently, this guy is just a car enthusiast with 23 years of driving experience under his belt. Like he said, it was the expressway, speed limit 70, traffic moving at 80...he pushed his car a little bit. It's not like he's one of those ricer ******** taking their matchbox toys to 120. He did 30 over the legal limit in a car that was built to easily handle that. Are you telling me that you never drove 85 in 55 zone?
Old 02-17-2006, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by HLG600
Ricker, no need to be a wise *** here with the undertaker driving him (God forbid) comment. Apparently, this guy is just a car enthusiast with 23 years of driving experience under his belt. Like he said, it was the expressway, speed limit 70, traffic moving at 80...he pushed his car a little bit. It's not like he's one of those ricer ******** taking their matchbox toys to 120. He did 30 over the legal limit in a car that was built to easily handle that. Are you telling me that you never drove 85 in 55 zone?
I think my wise *** comments are appropriate considering you all think it's a joke and no harm can, will, come of racing w/kids in the car

Last edited by Thericker; 02-17-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by HLG600
Ricke, Are you telling me that you never drove 85 in 55 zone?
Ahhhh I plead the 5TH 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, the fith
Old 02-17-2006, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Here put it this way....Say your going to the Drag strip w/all the propper safety equip, etc what safer place could you find to speed??
But before your run would you say "Oh honey let me take the kids they'll love the view from inside the car?"

Come on now

Last edited by Thericker; 02-17-2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Originally Posted by thericker55
Ahhhh I plead the 5TH 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, the fith
LOL

HLG
Old 02-18-2006, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Originally Posted by Vomit
Holy crap! Am I wrong, or has the Pat Robertson contingent (Ricker, AsianMR, etc.) come out in full force to protest the acceleration of a vehicle from zero to 62 MPH?

Lighten up, Ru Paul.
Lol!

I must confess that I too go from 0 to 60 just about every time my kids are in the car. Sometimes even 70. Shhhh.

Ru Paul. Thats hilarious. What made you think of that?
Old 02-18-2006, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C320wz
Bloody good show, old chap !
Old 02-18-2006, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Its bad enough I have my chick always yelling at me for racing people or driving too fast.
damn women!
Old 02-18-2006, 05:28 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
I think my wise *** comments are appropriate considering you all think it's a joke and no harm can, will, come of racing w/kids in the car

you still haven't explained where the added danger is

what is the difference between accelerating away from the lights in a race as apposed to accelerating away from the lights not in a race but having other traffic around you, which is something we all do on a daily basis
and if its not ok with kids on board why is it ok without them?

also when you head of down to the drag strip i'm sure you don;t tell the wife

"look dear you can get the dinner on but i may or may not make it home later due to the high risk of an accident happening with my car accelerating in a straight line"
Old 02-18-2006, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by timberman
you still haven't explained where the added danger is

what is the difference between accelerating away from the lights in a race as apposed to accelerating away from the lights not in a race but having other traffic around you, which is something we all do on a daily basis
and if its not ok with kids on board why is it ok without them?

also when you head of down to the drag strip i'm sure you don;t tell the wife

"look dear you can get the dinner on but i may or may not make it home later due to the high risk of an accident happening with my car accelerating in a straight line"
I'm a hypocrite and I do street race and I shouldn't but involving your kids? It increases the possibilities greatly for them getting injured or worse, Your putting them directly in harms way...
What if you blow out a tire ever think of that?
I shouldn't have to break it down for you this should be common sense here...

Your attempts at levity just prove how obtuse you are.
When racing Please stop lying to yourself thinking your attention to traffic laws is paramount anymore your speeding.
What do you think would happen to you if a Policeman pulled you over for this?? I'd bet you'd get in a lot more trouble w/kids than if you were just by yourself.

And now you liken it to a harmless 0-60 run to merge on the freeway? I read your 1st post it's not the same, but hey you obviously know everything and your wasting my time so

Last edited by Thericker; 02-18-2006 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:56 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
I'm a hypocrite and I do street race and I shouldn't but involving your kids? It increases the possibilities greatly for them getting injured or worse, Your putting them directly in harms way...
What if you blow out a tire ever think of that?
I shouldn't have to break it down for you this should be common sense here...

Your attempts at levity just prove how obtuse you are.
When racing Please stop lying to yourself thinking your attention to traffic laws is paramount anymore your speeding.
What do you think would happen to you if a Policeman pulled you over for this?? I'd bet you'd get in a lot more trouble w/kids than if you were just by yourself.

And now you liken it to a harmless 0-60 run to merge on the freeway? I read your 1st post it's not the same, but hey you obviously know everything and your wasting my time so

you can have a blow out at any time you don't need to be racing!!

i'll take on board your comments about being pulled over your probably right,

you may think that going at 100 mph is excessive but over here most people travel at 80 + on motorways without fear of prosecution

as far as putting my daughter in any danger i would never consciously do this and if i thought there were any real danger in trying to get the better of someone at the lights i would not do this at all daughter or not.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
you can have a blow out at any time you don't need to be racing!!

i'll take on board your comments about being pulled over your probably right,

you may think that going at 100 mph is excessive but over here most people travel at 80 + on motorways without fear of prosecution

as far as putting my daughter in any danger i would never consciously do this and if i thought there were any real danger in trying to get the better of someone at the lights i would not do this at all daughter or not.
I don't think you would intentionaly hurt your kids
It's just my .99 cents on the matter lets agree to disagree...
Old 02-18-2006, 11:57 PM

i fail to see how calling it a race can suddenly make it dangerous

if this was just a regular trip and i had decided to accelerate away from the lights quickly and not racing anyone i wouldn't be doing anything different, yet because i have another car along side me trying to better my acceleration it is now classed as a race and i am now in dire straights.
other than the car next to me suddenly veering into my path or vice versa there is no added danger ,and the fact is this could happen at any time when travelling next another vehicle race or not
if i thought there was any danger involved in racing this way i wouldn't do it even if i didn't have my daughter in the car.
if you have evidence to suggest accelerating is dangerous over and above the usual dangers of traveling in a car i'd be interested to here it
Wake up and smell the coffee mate,and quip trying to justify why you do not consider your action of driving with your daughter in the car not dangerous.Be a man about it and accept the fact that that was a dum thing to do.Because of our passion for racing,and performance,we all find ourselves taking certain chances when we are behind the wheel........and end up with some narrow escapes.Yes we know you have been driving for 23 years,and you pride yourself as maybe the JACKIE STEWART of London,but allways remember this;its not allways the great driver that causes the accident,but usually the one that get killed.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
we are really now...

if we are going to start preaching the "Word" we should find another forum to do so.

we should be talking abou cars, performance, stories, opinions, motor sports, problems, solutions, ect ect.

I think the point was made on all levels, let's give it a break gentlemen.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R230 SL63 | W220 S55
TopGun has a point.

HLG
Old 02-19-2006, 10:58 AM

silver 2002 c32 amg
I don't think you would intentionaly hurt your kids
It's just my .99 cents on the matter lets agree to disagree...

your concerns for my daughters wellfare have not gone been ignored, and i certainly wouldn't want to harm her, so just for you i will endeavour to avoid any kind of race while she is on board. the next time i am sat at the lights and a porsche pulls along side, if she is with me i will pull away like a milk float with square wheels, but don't be suprised if your ears start burning, because i'll be swearing under my breath all the way home

now as top gun has said its probably about time we give this a rest and find something much more interesting to talk about
Old 02-20-2006, 05:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Funny that hearse w/undertaker might be taking you for a drive

itll be taking us all for a ride sooner or later
Old 02-20-2006, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by AMG_55
itll be taking us all for a ride sooner or later
True, true ...............
Old 02-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

'05 C55 AMG '15 Jeep SRT '11 G37S
Back on topic....

A 645 Ci was my first real kill. From a standstill, I walked away from him pretty convicingly (to maybe 100mph +). It was a slight uphill grade, though...not sure if that was a factor.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:55 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
Originally Posted by Scoop55
Back on topic....

A 645 Ci was my first real kill. From a standstill, I walked away from him pretty convicingly (to maybe 100mph +). It was a slight uphill grade, though...not sure if that was a factor.

i've been wondering if fuel played a part in my not so convincing victory

for the last few months i've been running on 97 ron super unleaded. when i started using it there didn't seem to be that much of a difference , but i carried on anyway to see if the changes would appear after a few fill ups,and besides i figured it was better for the engine.
well the day before this race occured i needed a fill up and because i was there decided to just use regular unleaded from the local supermarket... pretty much straight away the car seemed slower and didn't feel as responsive. perhaps this + the extra weight i had on board had an effect on my performance, anyway i've decided that from now on i'm going to stick with the s/unleaded
Old 02-22-2006, 02:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a bunch of pu$$ies. Get a clue. I would trust timberman with my kid in his car on a dry freeway at 100mph, before I would trust most of the idiots I see careening about on the freeway in their minivans and dinosuar SUVs.

All of you politically correct posters need to turn in your car keys at the nearest MB dealership, for an E320 wagon.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by TopGun32
we are really now...

if we are going to start preaching the "Word" we should find another forum to do so.

we should be talking abou cars, performance, stories, opinions, motor sports, problems, solutions, ect ect.

I think the point was made on all levels, let's give it a break gentlemen.

Exactly. " Kill Stories" are exactly that. No one is asking for someone's view on the dangers of racing. Every story in here involves risk of one's self and others and we all know that. Preach elsewhere.
Old 02-22-2006, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Scoop55
Back on topic....

It's strange but I have found that 6 series owners are very anxious to race most of the time. I have lined up next to at least 3 and they took off like they thought they had an "M" car. I never even bother with cars that I know will be slaughtered. Not worth it. My only theory is that many 6 series owners just dont know much about cars and either mistake my 55 for a 500 or just don't know any better. I do like the look of them though.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:30 AM

996 C4, previously owned 996 c2, c32 amg, 350z, R33 GTR, R34 GTR
Originally Posted by Speed Thrills
It's strange but I have found that 6 series owners are very anxious to race most of the time. I have lined up next to at least 3 and they took off like they thought they had an "M" car. I never even bother with cars that I know will be slaughtered. Not worth it. My only theory is that many 6 series owners just dont know much about cars and either mistake my 55 for a 500 or just don't know any better. I do like the look of them though.

Just looking at the CLS in your signature makes the 6 series look even more ugly than it is with that sad looking front and the quosimodo boot

I drove the M6 recently along with most of my work colleagues and nearly everyone disliked it as a package(engine apart).