Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

head to head with 6 series bmw

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silver 2002 c32 amg
head to head with 6 series bmw

on my way home i am sat at the lights when a bmw pulls next to me either 645ci or 650, it was dark so i couldn't tell which. anyway lights go green and i pull away slowly, waiting to see if he's going to go for it, but he doesn't so i just pull out in front and carry on up the road,
then about a mile or so further on here i am again at another set of lights and again he pulls up next to me, the road ahead is all dual carriageway and pretty straight.
i'm sat there thinking he's not going to bother but i select first anyway, then when the lights change i pull away slowly again and so does he then after a few yards he floors it and gets about half a car length on me ,well i kept my foot hard down but i was doing nearly a 100 before i managed to get my nose back in front then i had to slow down to take the next exit.

i had my daughter and the dog in the car with me plus a few bit of shopping from the diy store maybe this slowed me down but still i expected to do better than this ,i didn't think they were that fast
Old 02-16-2006, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by timberman
on my way home i am sat at the lights when a bmw pulls next to me either 645ci or 650, it was dark so i couldn't tell which. anyway lights go green and i pull away slowly, waiting to see if he's going to go for it, but he doesn't so i just pull out in front and carry on up the road,
then about a mile or so further on here i am again at another set of lights and again he pulls up next to me, the road ahead is all dual carriageway and pretty straight.
i'm sat there thinking he's not going to bother but i select first anyway, then when the lights change i pull away slowly again and so does he then after a few yards he floors it and gets about half a car length on me ,well i kept my foot hard down but i was doing nearly a 100 before i managed to get my nose back in front then i had to slow down to take the next exit.

i had my daughter and the dog in the car with me plus a few bit of shopping from the diy store maybe this slowed me down but still i expected to do better than this ,i didn't think they were that fast
What is wrong w/you?? I love kill stories but YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY why would you race up to 100 or race at all w/your daughter in the car just flat out STUPID
Old 02-16-2006, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
reaction time is everything when you are dealing with .5 second difference between one car and another...

lets say a 650i is a 13.2 second car and your C32 is a 13.5 second car....

if you start late or don't punch at the same time.. you will not be able to regain the lost time..

645 is a bit slower than a C32, but again it will come down to reaction time.

I think you raced a 645, since the 650's are very rare at this point. Here in LA, I have only seen a handful of 550's and 650s.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
00 KLEEMANN CLK 430 - 02 KLEEMANN CLK55 - 88 Euro / Jap AMG 560 SEC Widebody
Originally Posted by thericker55
What is wrong w/you?? I love kill stories but YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY why would you race up to 100 or race at all w/your daughter in the car just flat out STUPID

He's in England - their 100 is not the same as ours.
Maybe his daughter's 18

(please don't take offense to the comment about your daughter timber )
Old 02-16-2006, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by lowphat
Maybe his daughter's 18

I figured it was in Kilometers but you know it's still crazy at any speed w/kids in the car...
Old 02-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
I figured it was in Kilometers but you know it's still crazy at any speed w/kids in the car...

That's just stupid.

But nice kill anyway.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Holy crap! Am I wrong, or has the Pat Robertson contingent (Ricker, AsianMR, etc.) come out in full force to protest the acceleration of a vehicle from zero to 62 MPH?

Lighten up, Ru Paul.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I personally don't think hitting 60 mph on a empty blvd is a sin.... with a child/teen on board.. if the speed limit is around 45.

If the speed limit is 35.. now you are asking for trouble.

we are all guilty of doing in a certain way or another.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Vomit
Holy crap! Am I wrong, or has the Pat Robertson contingent (Ricker, AsianMR, etc.) come out in full force to protest the acceleration of a vehicle from zero to 62 MPH?

Lighten up, Ru Paul.
You can rationalize it any way you see fit, But imagine explaining to your wife, parents you were street racing and that's why their grandchild, daughter is A)dead...or B)in the hospital....

This is a recurring theme I've noticed on these types of theads and it's absolutely pathetic....
Old 02-17-2006, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by lowphat
Maybe his daughter's 18

actually their 100 is the same as ours.
who cares if there is a kid in the car , a race is a race, win or die
Old 02-17-2006, 02:43 AM

996 C4, previously owned 996 c2, c32 amg, 350z, R33 GTR, R34 GTR
Originally Posted by AMG_55
actually their 100 is the same as ours.
who cares if there is a kid in the car , a race is a race, win or die

Actually our 100mph is worth US 140mph as we dont have any straight roads in the UK and its always raining
Old 02-17-2006, 05:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by ash-c32
Actually our 100mph is worth US 140mph as we dont have any straight roads in the UK and its always raining
u guys get to have all the fun
Old 02-17-2006, 07:58 AM

silver 2002 c32 amg
i was expecting a few negative comments after i mentioned my daughter so lets clear a few things up

firstly most of the motorways over here have a 70 mph speed limit and most people will travel at 80 or more so it's not like i was barrelling along at twice the legal limit or anything and lets be right this is a mercedes i'm driving not a motorised wheel barrow, i would say that at 100 its probably safer than most tin boxes doing 70-80 mph.

also i'm not sure i would call this that much of a race, it lasted for all of about 10 secs and i was travelling in a straight line,the road was dry and there was no traffic ahead, now if you still think this was somehow dangerous maybe its time to hand in the keys and get a bus pass

as far as driving dangerously with your kids in the car, i totally agree with you this would be stupid but lets face it you shouldn't be driving dangerously period. personally i don't believe having your kids in the car means you should drive like a vicar and i'm sure most of the people on this forum with kids have often gone over the legal limit on the freeway with the family on board and felt perfectly safe doing it.the truth is just being out in the car could be considered dangerous, after all who knows if some lunatic is going to come flying across that intersection and plough right into you while your minding your own business!!

i'm not saying i haven't done stupid things in a car i have but after nearly 23 years of driving i'd like to think i have learned a few things and how to not drive dangerously is hopefully one of them. driving fast does not have to mean driving dangerously as long as you follow a few simple rules and use your common sense

i'm not having a go at anyone here and if i had been someone reading this i may of thought the same thing so perhaps i should have made the situation more clear just trying to set the record straight
Old 02-17-2006, 08:10 AM

silver 2002 c32 amg
Originally Posted by TopGun32
reaction time is everything when you are dealing with .5 second difference between one car and another...

lets say a 650i is a 13.2 second car and your C32 is a 13.5 second car....

if you start late or don't punch at the same time.. you will not be able to regain the lost time..

645 is a bit slower than a C32, but again it will come down to reaction time.

I think you raced a 645, since the 650's are very rare at this point. Here in LA, I have only seen a handful of 550's and 650s.
i checked up on the 645, your right they are pretty quick and i think what your saying is right considering he got the power down first
Old 02-17-2006, 08:30 AM

You can rationalize it any way you see fit, But imagine explaining to your wife, parents you were street racing and that's why their grandchild, daughter is A)dead...or B)in the hospital....

This is a recurring theme I've noticed on these types of theads and it's absolutely pathetic....
yeah becasue having a "grandchild, daughter " in the car make it more dangerous. Its always dangerous and if you are by yourself racing someone else then there always the possibilty of killing someones elses daughter or grandchildren in a nearby car or pedestrian. Also your right the worst part would be the explaining part not the actual living with it for the rest of your life. I don't get why people make out like its safe to street race by yourself. There a re always other road users and pedestrians.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
I understand the going over the speed limit on highways and stuff. But this is a "race" we're talking about. No matter how long or short it was, you raced with your daughter in the car.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:05 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
Originally Posted by AsianML
I understand the going over the speed limit on highways and stuff. But this is a "race" we're talking about. No matter how long or short it was, you raced with your daughter in the car.
i fail to see how calling it a race can suddenly make it dangerous

if this was just a regular trip and i had decided to accelerate away from the lights quickly and not racing anyone i wouldn't be doing anything different, yet because i have another car along side me trying to better my acceleration it is now classed as a race and i am now in dire straights.
other than the car next to me suddenly veering into my path or vice versa there is no added danger ,and the fact is this could happen at any time when travelling next another vehicle race or not
if i thought there was any danger involved in racing this way i wouldn't do it even if i didn't have my daughter in the car.
if you have evidence to suggest accelerating is dangerous over and above the usual dangers of traveling in a car i'd be interested to here it
Old 02-17-2006, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by reggid
yeah becasue having a "grandchild, daughter " in the car make it more dangerous. Its always dangerous and if you are by yourself racing someone else then there always the possibilty of killing someones elses daughter or grandchildren in a nearby car or pedestrian. Also your right the worst part would be the explaining part not the actual living with it for the rest of your life. I don't get why people make out like its safe to street race by yourself. There a re always other road users and pedestrians.
I see your points about street racing in general The rest of your post is specious, argumentative and worthless, I made valid points and concerns and yes obviously living day to day w/reality after having "Said accident" Would be unimaginable, I was just trying to grab the readers attention by putting the IMEADIATE SCENARIO following the acccident into the forground

Last edited by Thericker; 02-17-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
I was around 4 years old when I started my habit of yelling at my dad whenever he drove.

I yelled: "GO FASTER DAD!!!! FASTER!!!! FASTER!!!!! FASTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!"

I even remember once I asked my dad to take his hands off of the steering wheel at around 100mph..... and I clearly remember that I have a big grin in my face

In this case, who was the stupid one? Me or my dad?
Old 02-17-2006, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by zoink
I was around 4 years old when I started my habit of yelling at my dad whenever he drove.

I yelled: "GO FASTER DAD!!!! FASTER!!!! FASTER!!!!! FASTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!"

I even remember once I asked my dad to take his hands off of the steering wheel at around 100mph..... and I clearly remember that I have a big grin in my face

In this case, who was the stupid one? Me or my dad?

my 3.5 year old son does the same thing now... he loves it!
Old 02-17-2006, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Originally Posted by TopGun32
my 3.5 year old son does the same thing now... he loves it!
I bet he's gonna own an E80 AMG w/ 1000hp or some exotics later in his life

Let's wait 2-3 years... I bet he wants to steer the car when he was around 5-6 years old (on someone's lap, of course)
Old 02-17-2006, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
i fail to see how calling it a race can suddenly make it dangerous

if this was just a regular trip and i had decided to accelerate away from the lights quickly and not racing anyone i wouldn't be doing anything different, yet because i have another car along side me trying to better my acceleration it is now classed as a race and i am now in dire straights.
other than the car next to me suddenly veering into my path or vice versa there is no added danger ,and the fact is this could happen at any time when travelling next another vehicle race or not
if i thought there was any danger involved in racing this way i wouldn't do it even if i didn't have my daughter in the car.
if you have evidence to suggest accelerating is dangerous over and above the usual dangers of traveling in a car i'd be interested to here it

i agree w/ u 100%, dont listen to these idiots, some buy amg cars and never floor them, SOME DONT EVEN DRIVE YET
Old 02-17-2006, 06:45 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
Originally Posted by zoink
I bet he's gonna own an E80 AMG w/ 1000hp or some exotics later in his life

Let's wait 2-3 years... I bet he wants to steer the car when he was around 5-6 years old (on someone's lap, of course)
i remember when i was about 9 or 10 years old and my dad had gone over to see one of the neighbours and left me in the care of my elder brothers,he had also left his car keys lying around, and with my all consuming passion for cars the temptation was too great, i grabbed the keys and got into the drivers seat then did that pretending to drive thing making all the vroom vroom noises ,well one thing led to another and i started the engine and attempted to reverse the car out of the drive, not being able to drive all i managed to do was roll back onto the road when another neighbour spotted me and raised the alarm, needless to say i got a good hiding, my brothers got one for not watching me and i got another for getting them into trouble.

all i can say is boys will be boys
Old 02-17-2006, 06:58 PM

silver 2002 c32 amg
Originally Posted by AMG_55
i agree w/ u 100%, dont listen to these idiots, some buy amg cars and never floor them, SOME DONT EVEN DRIVE YET
thanks i, like you got my car to enjoy it, if i wanted to drive like an undertaker i would have bought a hearse.

this thread seems to have gotten way of track but no worries its all good, just remember if you come across a 645 ci bmw you've got the edge
Old 02-17-2006, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
thanks i, like you got my car to enjoy it, if i wanted to drive like an undertaker i would have bought a hearse.
Funny that hearse w/undertaker might be taking you for a drive

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: head to head with 6 series bmw