Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Fun on the I5 thru Camp Pendleton

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 07:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2023 GLE 53
Fun on the I5 thru Camp Pendleton

Had some meetings in San Diego this week, and about the only thing I enjoyed about the trip was running back up the I5 today, and having fun with a new CLK55.

We both kept pace thru traffic at 80-85, and when traffic opened up...gave the rest of the drivers a display of two black on black AMGs. Nothing spectacular to you fellow AMGers, just the usual display of ground rumbling, supercharger whining, jaw dropping power from 80 to about 140. While I was aways comfortably ahead, it wasn't about a kill, it was just the display that I'm sure amazed everyone else on the road.

Don't you wish you could hear conversations in other cars as you fly by?

With the number of smart a**es on this forum, I'm sure we can come up with some creative thoughts on what others drivers are saying.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by jimmysanjuan
Had some meetings in San Diego this week, and about the only thing I enjoyed about the trip was running back up the I5 today, and having fun with a new CLK55.

We both kept pace thru traffic at 80-85, and when traffic opened up...gave the rest of the drivers a display of two black on black AMGs. Nothing spectacular to you fellow AMGers, just the usual display of ground rumbling, supercharger whining, jaw dropping power from 80 to about 140. While I was aways comfortably ahead, it wasn't about a kill, it was just the display that I'm sure amazed everyone else on the road.

Don't you wish you could hear conversations in other cars as you fly by?

With the number of smart a**es on this forum, I'm sure we can come up with some creative thoughts on what others drivers are saying.

lol.. I know what you mean, me and a C43 were passing each other doing 120+ for some 40 miles, its all about the pride =)
Old 02-23-2006, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a few...
All I know is if I were in a car being passed by two AMGs...

I'd be smilin' and givin' a thumbs up even though the drivers would be way too far ahead to see me.