Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

figures.. raced a dodge dakota (I think)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 C32R
figures.. raced a dodge dakota r/t

Just my luck, I was on my way home from stopping @ Costco & Best Buy. For those of you that know Costco, you dont walk out of there without dropping $150 plus on groceries and the car probably weighed in over 200lbs more than normal (and keep in mind almost all is in the trunk). So I am trying to get home as fast as possible since I went to best buy after costco (with a lot of foods that need to be in the fridge ).. Anyways I pull up to a light and notice a older 99-02 etc dodge dakota r/t (those small ones with the suped up engines, I think 5.9 liter ) with HID's retro fitted into the head lamps that has been lowered. Anyways I have a feeling he wants a go at it. I am sitting at the light behind 1 person, and as soon as the light goes green I pass the person in front of me and give it 1/2 throttle to get up to speed... Well I see he is right behind me, then he starts to go around me pretty quickly. As soon as he is about to me rear door I gun it... I didnt see how fast we ended up, but I think we went from about 40mph to about 90-100mph. There was a slower car in my lane and I was thinking I would be able to full in front of the dodge pretty easily, but as we approched the car I could see that he was still at my rear bumper, definately not enough room to pull in front of him. WOW, that thing was pretty damn quick!!!! Well I hit the breaks pretty hard... OH ****, I had 2 cartons of eggs 18 eggs in the trunk !!! I pull into his lane and go around the car, we are approaching a section of the road that is being worked on and it has a few S curves in it. He took that thing like a go cart, while I had to putter through, praying that all my food wasnt being coated with egg slime... Well after the Esses, it was pretty much over, I came out floored and reeled him in. He might have let off the gas at that point, but after that we went our seperate ways.....

That dodge HAD to have something major in it like a supercharger, since I am putting more power to the wheels than they come with stock from the factory.

As a side note I only broke 2 eggs

Last edited by Dead Ringer; 03-01-2006 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Haha, I wouldnt be suprised, it is really easy to mod these trucks.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
supercharger.. possibly

and it could of been the 5.9L ... tons of torque stock.

or if the guy did not have a kompressor, he must of had headers and exhaust.. and chip. Really easy to mod that 5.9L engine.

Next time... don't 1/2 throttle around any modded car or truck, chances are they are ready to play.

The same thing happended to me with a Silverado SS with Supercharger, by the time I reacted it was too late. I didn't know he wanted to play.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
Originally Posted by TopGun32
The same thing happended to me with a Silverado SS with Supercharger, by the time I reacted it was too late. I didn't know he wanted to play.
Went to the track a couple weeks back. A Silverado quad cab that looked completely stock with stock rims ran a high 11 sec pass. I was very very impressed. Guy was probably running at least 600 lb-ft at the wheels.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:02 PM

02 C32R
OK, I confirmed just now that it was the R/T with the 5.9 engine in it... I edited my post...