Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

C230 vs Chevy Cavalier (Rice)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 10:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLK350 Sport, 2006 E320 CDI, 1978 Cessna 152
C230 vs Chevy Cavalier (Rice)

I was stuck at school in Winston Salem later than normal on a Friday evening and decided to wait until after rush hour to go visit my parents in Charlotte. The roads seemed pretty clear and I left cruising I-40 and I 77 at the normal 100 +-10 mph with light traffic. As I neared Charlotte near Troutville a car with his brights suddenly started tailgating me. At this point I had slowed to 70-75 due to merging traffic and a possible speed trap. The road and traffic opened up and I pulled right only to have this guy in a riced out Chevy Cavalier complete with massive exhaust, body kit, neon underbody lights and the NOS stickers. He pulls up to me and seems like he wants to play so I figure, sure Ill get my butt handed to me but why not play? So I drop the car into sport mode, and it downshifts to 4. He gets the jump on me and moves about 2 cars ahead, yet surprisingly I catch up and pass him by a couple of car lengths before hitting more traffic.

Now this is completely unknown to me, but all ricers do this rice turn thing. Im sure you have all seen it. Its when they jut from lane to lane really quick, lacking the normal smoothness, its very abrupt. As the traffic then lightens up, he pulls the rice turn and once again we are both off, with me easily pulling on him. He still has not had enough and wants to play again. So far we have kept the speeds below 100 and the interstate again opens up. We line up and both hit it, I pull on him as the speedo swings past 100-105-110 still rising. I look in my mirror with his badly aimed brights on thanking the MB engineers for the auto-dimming feature only to see what looks to be part of his car flying off! I couldn’t believe it, I noticed his body kit was stuck on with duct tape as it tended to swing in the wind (so much for what I thought kit was suppose to do) earlier when he got the jump on me. The car lengths turn to bus lengths which turn in to quarter miles only to turn to over a mile. I ended up passing a truck (only one ahead for a little bit) at over 125 which probably made his day.

I hit traffic which slowed me way down as I hit the city and watched the horrid headlights take the off ramp. He never did catch up. A thumbs up would have been nice, but it was fun all the same.

Although this wasn’t the first time I have killed rice in my underpowered car it was one of the most entertaining. Especially since I figured he had all these mods to the car. Just thought I would share as I doubt C230s “kill” too many things!
Old 03-25-2006, 11:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
your avatar says it all! - nice kill!
Old 03-29-2006, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Cool Beans. Since I got my Kleeman Pulley and the rebuilt Supercharger, I have yet to challenge anything. Gotta find me a ricer.

So far the only thing that revd on me was an Audi A8 with the 4.2L. No way, no how.

Ed
Old 04-06-2006, 10:37 PM

2005 Chrysler 300c and 2004 Range Rover hse
congradulations
Old 04-08-2006, 05:31 PM

Currently on foot.
Usually I read kill stories and either think "BULLSH**" or think that the guy was driving like a dick.

I must say though that I enjoyed this one. Sounds like fun.

Any idea why he was driving with his brights on? I usually pull in behind, aim in their driver's mirror and "return the favour" if I can. Idiots!

Ah well.

Congrats!!

Last edited by Den.; 04-08-2006 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:27 AM

A Beater
Woo hooo another one for the C-Class owners... Good job bro...