Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

CLK55 v. S2000t v. WRX moded (lots) & clk55 v. s4; long

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by v8killer2pt5
Good run and post, how many car lengths did you pull? Stock Sti's put down 230-250 awhp depending on dyno. I know most guys here are modest, just kind of struck me as arrogant the way the original post came off. I am 33 and by no means a kid and have owned some nice cars. LOL but getting married I changed priorities to compromise with the wife. My next car "shhhh" will be the new Z06, just will tell her it's a Z with a body kit.

3 or 4.. and we stopped around 120.

1 to 2 cars between 60 to 90...

3 to 4 from 90 to 120...

guy was cool...I slowed down to give the "siskel and Ebert" two thumbs up...

as mentioned before... C32's put down 275 to around 285 and weigh from 35xx to 36xx lbs.

some typical goodies for the C32:

pullies add 25 to 30 RWHP
filter and no resonator: about 5RWHP
SL55 intake box: around 10RWHP
ECU: 15 to 25 RWHP depends on the mapping.
Headers: 15RWHP
exhaust: nothing, just sound
plugs and wires: better for ECu and pullies

This car really needs a IC upgrade. EVOSPORT has a prototype putting down 400 RWHP, but its not out yet. This is the single biggest upgrade this car needs.

so lets take a base dyno of 280 + 25+5+10+15+15

so can end up around 350RWHP to about 370RWHP...

cost will be around $6 to 8k installed.. no bad, but probably not as cheap as an SRT4 or WRX or EVO.

but best part of the C32 is the comfort of suspension and the speed it builds once in the freeway. It doesn't handle like an M3, grip like the EVO, but its a fast little Benz.

Currently I'm only probably 310 to 315 RWHP and the ECU is my next upgrade. With about a 18 to 20% drivetrain loss.. 310 / .80 is about 380hp flywheel currently and I should be around 325 to 330 after the ECU.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:46 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TopGun32
3 or 4.. and we stopped around 120.

1 to 2 cars between 60 to 90...

3 to 4 from 90 to 120...

guy was cool...I slowed down to give the "siskel and Ebert" two thumbs up...

as mentioned before... C32's put down 275 to around 285 and weigh from 35xx to 36xx lbs.

some typical goodies for the C32:

pullies add 25 to 30 RWHP
filter and no resonator: about 5RWHP
SL55 intake box: around 10RWHP
ECU: 15 to 25 RWHP depends on the mapping.
Headers: 15RWHP
exhaust: nothing, just sound
plugs and wires: better for ECu and pullies

This car really needs a IC upgrade. EVOSPORT has a prototype putting down 400 RWHP, but its not out yet. This is the single biggest upgrade this car needs.

so lets take a base dyno of 280 + 25+5+10+15+15

so can end up around 350RWHP to about 370RWHP...

cost will be around $6 to 8k installed.. no bad, but probably not as cheap as an SRT4 or WRX or EVO.

but best part of the C32 is the comfort of suspension and the speed it builds once in the freeway. It doesn't handle like an M3, grip like the EVO, but its a fast little Benz.

Currently I'm only probably 310 to 315 RWHP and the ECU is my next upgrade. With about a 18 to 20% drivetrain loss.. 310 / .80 is about 380hp flywheel currently and I should be around 325 to 330 after the ECU.
Good info but I would not add those numbers to get a hp never seems to add up. But be sure to dyno that would be great especially if the car had a base line run to compare "ON THE SAME DYNO." Alot of guys use different dynos which makes the numbers worthless for comparison.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:27 AM

02 C32R
Good info but I would not add those numbers to get a hp never seems to add up. But be sure to dyno that would be great especially if the car had a base line run to compare "ON THE SAME DYNO." Alot of guys use different dynos which makes the numbers worthless for comparison.
actually those numbers he has are pretty dead on.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I hear you...

but these are known facts after tons of people performin' there mods.

I'm pretty sure within the Suburu community, there are a ton of well known facts about some upgrades. I like to call them "public knowledge" for argument sake.

but I agree, sometimes mods do not add as to advertised.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:06 PM

A Beater
Wow this has turned out to be a great source of info thanks guys for all the replies. Oh did not want to quote but to the post about the Wrx mods well we have a few idiots that mod these cars and have not a clue. Some guys throw on a bov which besides the noise hurts performance, causing rough idle and running rich on shifts. As far as big fmic's well without a big turbo all your going to get is pressure drop and with higher boost a bit more detonation resistance, less heat soak. Basically it's impossible to really guage by looks what people really have and most of the younger guys are into show or . The Sti owners tend to be older guys, even family men or seniors who like the heritage and really get into the meat of modding. Thanks for the welcome!

Hmmm hi.. and thank you for making feel OLD. I miss my STi very much. I almost cried when I saw my baby on the freeway the other day. I guess the dealer who bought my car sold it with all the mods intact.