Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

CLK55 v. S2000t v. WRX moded (lots) & clk55 v. s4; long

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mymbonline
CLK55 v. S2000t v. WRX moded (lots) & clk55 v. s4; long

2 nites ago (i was lazy thats why im only writtin it now) i was driving down Olympic blvd. heading west out of Beverly Hills, going to Man Puku (the best japanese BBQ on the planet, trust me) about 8 o'clock. as i pass overland i see 3 ricers (s2000, wrx, rsx type), so begin cutting them off 1 by 1, swerwing in front of them and the parked cars in the right lane (they were in the next lane over, the misson was to **** them off, have them try to race me and smoke them
it worked,
we caught a red light at westwood blvd. and i pull into the empty spot at the light, i look in the mirror and see the wrx to my right (i also see an intercooler in the bumper the size of a small car and think to myself: ooops, wrong car )
he changes 1 lane to the right cause there was a suv next to me on the right, hes beside the suv where i cant see him, also 1st; the s2000 is next to me on my left. i look over and see a bunch of gauges on the dash and the a pillar of the honda. now im thinking definitely wrong car to **** with, f/i for sure.

the opposite light turns yellow and the s200 brings his revs up, i also brake torque, the light turns green and all 3 of us (s2000, wrx, me, the rsx isnt important) launch, the s got mad wheelspin,i also spun a little, about a foot to the right.
the wrx stayed dead even with me until about 40 and then i started pulling, about 5-6 cars by 80
at 100 the wrx is about a bus and a half behind, all of a sudden i hear the loudest whoosh and screaming engine, i look in the left mirror and see the s2000 (very) rapidly gaining on me, i managed to stay in front (by about 4 car lengths or so) by 130+ , too busy looking for traffic (it is a regular street w/ intersections and there are lots of cars out at 8 o clock).
i see the s2000 slow down and i also began to slow, at the next intersection
i see the wrx and give him , he rolls his window down and asks "what do u have in ur car?", i reply "stock", the look on his face was priceless, so i felt bad and told him k&n and an exhaust, like that makes a huge difference.

edit:
both the s2000 and the wrx were heavily modded with no expense spared, the driver of wrx was at least 40yrs old, these were no kiddie ricers
_end edit_
s4

i was driving on mullholland (canyon road) yesterday, following a s4 v8, during the day. we manage to get a clear stretch right after laurel cyn. heading east. he floors it and i stay with him, this guy was doing all he could to loose me, and he could pull a millimeter, i couldve pulled on him at will however, i was playing w/ him. he was pushing hard, i saw his car understeer a couple of times, heavily. after he realized that im just too ****in good ( thank u thank u ) he slowed down and continued driving at normal pace

Last edited by AMG_55; 03-31-2006 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by AMG_55
the rsx isnt important

Nice Kill. WRX's and S2000's can get pretty quick!
Old 03-31-2006, 10:21 AM

02 C32R
nice kill(s)... wonder what the S200 had in it though. I have never seen a turbo'd S2000, only s/c ones. I think you probably heard the BOV from the WRX, since at the speed you were going you wouldnt be able to hear the BOV from a car 3-4 lengths behind you...
Old 03-31-2006, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Nice kills. Expect flames for the 130 on busy streets. They will not come from me, however, as I am a firm believer in the "people in glass houses" concept.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
wow... you really had a busy night on the West Side.

130 ! yikes... you are one lucky dude.

lately I received 2 tickets in the past 2 months, therefore my comfort level for speeding has decreased. Those dam pullies!

if you search some of my ealier kills storys, I have raced a modded S2000 and stock STI. The outcome was the same. C32!

however Turbo S2000 would a monster on the freeway.. probably his poor launch was his doom. I wonder how much boost he was pushing? Cuz I would think a S2000 with a big single turbo would be a beast?

WRX... we all know they are quick of the line and average from a roll and top speed.

thanks for representing AMG.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
I killed an S2000 with an exhaust =), lack of traction for the other guy made me win, I had 1-2 lengths on him by 90.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by Dead Ringer
nice kill(s)... wonder what the S200 had in it though. I have never seen a turbo'd S2000, only s/c ones. I think you probably heard the BOV from the WRX, since at the speed you were going you wouldnt be able to hear the BOV from a car 3-4 lengths behind you...

the wrx was too far back
Old 03-31-2006, 09:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by TopGun32
wow... you really had a busy night on the West Side.

130 ! yikes... you are one lucky dude.

lately I received 2 tickets in the past 2 months, therefore my comfort level for speeding has decreased. Those dam pullies!

if you search some of my ealier kills storys, I have raced a modded S2000 and stock STI. The outcome was the same. C32!

however Turbo S2000 would a monster on the freeway.. probably his poor launch was his doom. I wonder how much boost he was pushing? Cuz I would think a S2000 with a big single turbo would be a beast?

WRX... we all know they are quick of the line and average from a roll and top speed.

thanks for representing AMG.

i recently got 2 tickets also
1 for doing 76 in a 35
****in cops aint got better **** to do

i raced a wrx, non sti
the s2000 was a monster and im sure if he knew ho to launch wouldve beat me by a lot.... but he didnt

thanks for the compliments every1
Old 04-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Almost a Member!

Talking

I have been lurking here for awhile since I miss my previous ride and wanted to see what the luxury cars were doing. I am not sure why you would want to come off as arrogant by your comments but to each his own. Curious how did you know the Wrx was modded heavily and if so what did he have done? I have messed with a few benz's and never had a problem, but I refuse to take these contests to dangerous speeds. I am currently stg 2 which puts me at 310 awhp and 365 crank conservative boost. Torque at the wheels would be about 340.
Cutting people off is not really something that you should aspire to do and is kind of agressive. Like I said to each his own and be safe.

On a side not a heavily modded Wrx would pull on you like a freight train, that's why I question your assumption on his power levels. For reference when I was stock I made 245 awhp and 258 awtrq, with a dp and ecu reflash/program 285 awhp and 300 awtrq conservative tune 17 psi peak. Most guys run 20lbs easily, I now at full Stg 2 no cats, fuel pump, intake, air box delete. Have yet to redyno but that's moot, since the car is in for Stg 4 plus it will be drunk "METH!"

Last edited by v8killer2pt5; 04-07-2006 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by v8killer2pt5
I have been lurking here for awhile since I miss my previous ride and wanted to see what the luxury cars were doing. I am not sure why you would want to come off as arrogant by your comments but to each his own. Curious how did you know the Wrx was modded heavily and if so what did he have done? I have messed with a few benz's and never had a problem, but I refuse to take these contests to dangerous speeds. I am currently stg 2 which puts me at 310 awhp and 365 crank conservative boost. Torque at the wheels would be about 340.
Cutting people off is not really something that you should aspire to do and is kind of agressive. Like I said to each his own and be safe.

On a side not a heavily modded Wrx would pull on you like a freight train, that's why I question your assumption on his power levels. For reference when I was stock I made 245 awhp and 258 awtrq, with a dp and ecu reflash/program 285 awhp and 300 awtrq conservative tune 17 psi peak. Most guys run 20lbs easily, I now at full Stg 2 no cats, fuel pump, intake, air box delete. Have yet to redyno but that's moot, since the car is in for Stg 4 plus it will be drunk "METH!"
welcome aboard....

WRX's or EVOS are hard to tell how much they have done to the engine.

I think he wa referring to a WRX 2.0L version Turbo or non STI.

In either model, its hard to tell what the boost level is, what type of down pipe, exhaust, intake, fuel pump, intercooler, they are running.

I agree with you point, it was hard to tell if it was lightly or heavy mods.

but either way, the WRX was not able to stay with the pace.

I have had the plesure to run with a STI stock (search for my race in the kill section) we were both stock. He appeared stock and I did not have my pullies.

From a roll... around 60 to 120. C32 was able to pull away everytime, even I gave him the jump. We were both alone in our cars and it was a long stretch of a highway, late at night.

I have yet to run with a modded STI, which here in So Cali its only a matter of time. However I'm pretty sure they are mosters when modified. As soon I encounter one I will post it even If I loose...
Old 04-07-2006, 01:50 PM

02 C32R
my turn to chime in....
OK, I didnt post this but a few weeks ago I was on my way home from a friends house late one friday night, and it passes up Firebird Raceyway here in Phoenix Az. Well an 04-05 WRX STI pulled out right behind me and was having a little fun after a night of racing at the track. We both turned onto the freeway and I was going along at about 75, he pulled up next to me and gave it a little gun then slowed back down to pace me, I looked at my wife and said "it will be real quick", so I stomped it just after he had shifted down so we kicked it right at the same time, we took it up to about 110, and I was about 1/2 in front of him. I slowed down since we were coming up to some traffic... Anyways the race went like this: we both got on it, I stated to creep ahead, then when my car shifted he would stay even with me, then after about 2-3 seconds my car would start to pull on him again....I know he was modded because he had a HUGE exhaust... But I am putting down somewhere in the vicinity of 340rwhp, so I know he had to have down more than just an exhaust, probably an ECU upgrade possibly a larger turbo etc... ( I saw he had a ton of guages and he had stickers on his door, license plate read "QUIKSTI"
We had one more run, and it went from 80mph up to 135!!! there was about 3 miles of 4 lanes with no traffic so we went one more time, again same scenerio, we started at the same time and I pulled out in front, I would pull ahead and each time I shifted he would stay even with me on speed, then once the s/c had a chance to kick in I would pull ahead.. by the time we hit 135 I was about 2-3 cars in front of him... what was nice is the car felt very nice and stable the whole time... Oh and I was also carrying about 150lbs of paint and painting materials in the trunk...
Old 04-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Almost a Member!

Talking

my turn to chime in....
OK, I didnt post this but a few weeks ago I was on my way home from a friends house late one friday night, and it passes up Firebird Raceyway here in Phoenix Az. Well an 04-05 WRX STI pulled out right behind me and was having a little fun after a night of racing at the track. We both turned onto the freeway and I was going along at about 75, he pulled up next to me and gave it a little gun then slowed back down to pace me, I looked at my wife and said "it will be real quick", so I stomped it just after he had shifted down so we kicked it right at the same time, we took it up to about 110, and I was about 1/2 in front of him. I slowed down since we were coming up to some traffic... Anyways the race went like this: we both got on it, I stated to creep ahead, then when my car shifted he would stay even with me, then after about 2-3 seconds my car would start to pull on him again....I know he was modded because he had a HUGE exhaust... But I am putting down somewhere in the vicinity of 340rwhp, so I know he had to have down more than just an exhaust, probably an ECU upgrade possibly a larger turbo etc... ( I saw he had a ton of guages and he had stickers on his door, license plate read "QUIKSTI"
We had one more run, and it went from 80mph up to 135!!! there was about 3 miles of 4 lanes with no traffic so we went one more time, again same scenerio, we started at the same time and I pulled out in front, I would pull ahead and each time I shifted he would stay even with me on speed, then once the s/c had a chance to kick in I would pull ahead.. by the time we hit 135 I was about 2-3 cars in front of him... what was nice is the car felt very nice and stable the whole time... Oh and I was also carrying about 150lbs of paint and painting materials in the trunk...

Good run he probaly was a turboback, maybe reflash but that's debatable since that would put him close to my power level and I pull new M3's easily, including F355's. Bigger turbos put us easily into low 12's high 11's so that is doubtful. I am currently going to a fp green which puts down with awd drivetrain loss 400-450 awhp. But on top of that I am doing Methanol injection. Also "bigger turbo" is subjective mine is really moderate most guys are dropping in Garrett gt35r's and gt 30's which put down high 400's deep into 500's at the wheel. Oh almost forgot a Sti stg 2= mid to high 12's. Thanks for the welcome I am dying to run the E55 and the New M5 once my new mods are done. I will be running same psi 17 peak but with this new turbo 380 awhp low boost setting. Oh on a side note I am using an external Tial 38 mm wastegate that dumps to the atmosphere so you will definitely hear it. Have any of you guys done a baseline dyno and then a post mod one to see what these cars make to the wheels?? I would love to see a plot for hp and trq.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by TopGun32
welcome aboard....

WRX's or EVOS are hard to tell how much they have done to the engine.

I think he wa referring to a WRX 2.0L version Turbo or non STI.

In either model, its hard to tell what the boost level is, what type of down pipe, exhaust, intake, fuel pump, intercooler, they are running.

I agree with you point, it was hard to tell if it was lightly or heavy mods.

but either way, the WRX was not able to stay with the pace.

I have had the plesure to run with a STI stock (search for my race in the kill section) we were both stock. He appeared stock and I did not have my pullies.

From a roll... around 60 to 120. C32 was able to pull away everytime, even I gave him the jump. We were both alone in our cars and it was a long stretch of a highway, late at night.

I have yet to run with a modded STI, which here in So Cali its only a matter of time. However I'm pretty sure they are mosters when modified. As soon I encounter one I will post it even If I loose...
Good run and post, how many car lengths did you pull? Stock Sti's put down 230-250 awhp depending on dyno. I know most guys here are modest, just kind of struck me as arrogant the way the original post came off. I am 33 and by no means a kid and have owned some nice cars. LOL but getting married I changed priorities to compromise with the wife. My next car "shhhh" will be the new Z06, just will tell her it's a Z with a body kit.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:51 PM

06 SLK55
If i hadn't read to poster, I would have known it was you Vadim...the taunting and the location!!!

Nice Kill.

I;m pissed though...ive had my slk55 for about 9 months now and have had no takers...in my C4Cab, everyone wanted to try to take me down...

Also, when we meeting up again out here for a spin through the canyon with the girls? We could meet at the coffee shop, hit the canyons, then end up in malibu or on the west side for lunch?!
Old 04-08-2006, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Good run and post, how many car lengths did you pull? Stock Sti's put down 230-250 awhp depending on dyno. I know most guys here are modest, just kind of struck me as arrogant the way the original post came off. I am 33 and by no means a kid and have owned some nice cars. LOL but getting married I changed priorities to compromise with the wife. My next car "shhhh" will be the new Z06, just will tell her it's a Z with a body kit.
I have run stock and modded STis and Evos at the track with my modded C32. Stock, they are fair game. Light mods, they probably still lose. Medium mods, you better get a REALLY good launch. Heavy mods, you will be breathing 4 tires worth of shredded rubber all the way down the track.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:56 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Vomit
I have run stock and modded STis and Evos at the track with my modded C32. Stock, they are fair game. Light mods, they probably still lose. Medium mods, you better get a REALLY good launch. Heavy mods, you will be breathing 4 tires worth of shredded rubber all the way down the track.
What do you have done, dyno plot or track times?
Old 04-08-2006, 06:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
hi...

Curious how did you know the Wrx was modded heavily and if so what did he have done? On a side not a heavily modded Wrx would pull on you like a freight train, that's why I question your assumption on his power levels. For reference when I was stock I made 245 awhp and 258 awtrq, with a dp and ecu reflash/program 285 awhp and 300 awtrq conservative tune 17 psi peak. Most guys run 20lbs easily, I now at full Stg 2 no cats, fuel pump, intake, air box delete. Have yet to redyno but that's moot, since the car is in for Stg 4 plus it will be drunk "METH!"
welcome

i raced a regular (non STI) wrx

i knew the wrx was modified from what i saw:

a huge FRONT MOUNT intercooler, as u know stock they come w/ top mount, if the car wasnt heavily modified why spend $ on a huge intercooler and a new bumper to make it fit

he had a exhaust (carbon fibre with a blue torch tip), full kit, suspension (im assuming coil overs b/c it was too low for springs, he had big brakes (looked like 6 piston stoptech ), a carbon fibre spoiler, volk or work wheels and carbon fibre headlights (the old circular design w/ what looked like individual xenon bulbs), and racing seats

if u gonna do all that **** to a $20000 car, u know that the engine is moded (a lot)

i knew this guy who had a 350p wrx (non sti), he said the stock tranny couldnt handle any more.

one of my friends had a wrx (also non sti) as his 1st car, he put a boost controler, exhaust, and some other little things and was running at very high boost, the stock turbo gonna go (along w/ a bunch of other ****), he didnt care cause his dad could buy many many wrx's for him. he got rid of it before anything happened and got an EVO, the first ones that came w/ no electronic diffs and a 5spd box. after he got done moddin it it was pushing out 450AWHP on pump gas on Vishnu's dyno in san francisco and 500AWHP on race gas. under full boost in the first three gears it hurt
after the front diff broke he decided to temporarilly fix it and sell the car.

he recently got an EVO9 MR, so far he got a R&R turbo back exhaust piping (straight pipe)and a HKS carbon titanium muffler w/ the blue torch tip.
he estimates that hes putting out 315+ HP at the crank.
the next day i installed a manual boost controler on the car, this way the boost doesnt drop as much, i gotta race him again

i raced him with this setup from 65 to 150+, EVERYTIME he would pull on me until 115-120, by 130 we would be even and by 150 i would be about 4-5 cars ahead. (its on VIDEO, i will post it as soon as i can, there are 5 or 6 runs and a little canyon run that i didnt know was being recorded or else i would have tried a little)

BTW,
i raced a stock WRX STI

12-07-2005, 03:44 PM #1
clk55 v. sti

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on my way 2 school 2day i saw a blue sti driving at about 70-75 on the freeway. i pulled next to him and slowly pulled away. he changed lanes and got behind me. game on.

i slowly pulled away just to make sure. i slowed to about 70-75, tapped the brake 3 times (countdown) and floored it. i pulled about 2 car lengths (he had a slow reaction) and then up to about 115 i was slowly pulling on him, after 115 i started pulling on him much faster. by 130-135 i was at least 12 car lengths ahead. :v

we came up on traffic and i slowed down. he did the ricer fly by and started weaving in and out of traffic, i was half asleep and didn't feel like kicking his *** in traffic weaving (which i know i can do).

and a 300whp evo

12-04-2005, 06:32 AM #1
CLK55 v. EVO8(300whp)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

before i tell the "story":
1.clk55 - modified air box, k&n filters, exhaust (sebring muffler and tips-it was free and sounds mean), 235 and 275 ps2's on 19in 547r's)
2.evo8 - full exhaust, intake, custom tune, slotted rotors, driver said 300whp

i was driving back from nobu (best food ever,in malibu) w/ my gf. at around 11:30.
as im driving through the area before p palisades i see a black evo slowly pulling away from the light going in the opposite direction. as i drive by him i floored it, a sec. later i see him in my rearview turning on his blinker and pulling to the left. it looked like he was turning around b/c there is no street to the left, i pull between the double yellow and stop. i see those bright *** hid's coming around the corner, i put on my seatbelt (my gf does likewise) and wait. he's about 10 carlength behind me now and i see him speeding up rapidly. i floor it, after a brief spin i hook and take off, he is now on my rear bumper, we come to a corner and i loose him. on the next straight i wait for him, cruising, when he pulls next to me i floored it. i was about 8-10 car lengths ahead by the time my car was well into 4th :p . iwas very surprised at how quickly i beat him. i wait for him to catch up. we drag raced twice from the lights(standstill) later on and he pulled on me both times, about 3-4 car length to about 80. depending on traffic it was either me or him in front, through the corners i was pulling, especially the fast corners(75 and up) in the med speed corners we were pretty even( i was a little faster coming out and in the middle of the corner). we did this all the way to bh, i got home in like 10 min. :v throught the s turn (right as u get into bh, very wide and open, its also banked) i pulled about 5-6 carlengths on him. we talked at a couple of lights and he told me his mods and that it was dynoed at 300whp. he was cool, told me that my car is a monster, i told him likewise.
i know for a fact that an evo is faster through corners and in transitions, i guess its either me or the ps2's :p
actually, i know its me

__________________________________________________ _______________
Old 04-08-2006, 07:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by Falco
If i hadn't read to poster, I would have known it was you Vadim...the taunting and the location!!!

Nice Kill.

I;m pissed though...ive had my slk55 for about 9 months now and have had no takers...in my C4Cab, everyone wanted to try to take me down...

Also, when we meeting up again out here for a spin through the canyon with the girls? We could meet at the coffee shop, hit the canyons, then end up in malibu or on the west side for lunch?!
hi,
thank u for the compliments

u should get a "race me, dammit!" sticker across ur windshield and rear window

do they still have that event that at the end of every mobth?
it has to be early on a weekend though for traffic reasons, maybe this coming weekend, if not (i might be going to san diego), then the 1 after that
we definately gotta meet up
maybe we can go angeles crest highway, i havent been there for a while.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
What do you have done, dyno plot or track times?
Base dyno, before mods, was, if my memory serves me, 285HP and 300 TQ. Modded was 330HP and 340TQ. My C32 is about 3400 lbs (roughly 200 less than normal stock). Best time was 12.8/111 on stock 245 rear Toyos with a 2.1 60 foot. My launches suck.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:40 PM

06 SLK55
Originally Posted by AMG_55
hi,
thank u for the compliments

u should get a "race me, dammit!" sticker across ur windshield and rear window

do they still have that event that at the end of every mobth?
it has to be early on a weekend though for traffic reasons, maybe this coming weekend, if not (i might be going to san diego), then the 1 after that
we definately gotta meet up
maybe we can go angeles crest highway, i havent been there for a while.
Cool! And yes, the last sunday of the month at the coffe shop. Last month about 6 Lambo's, 2 GT's, a bunch of 430's and 360s and 911's...

they ususally get there around 9-10am...
Old 04-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Almost a Member!

Wow this has turned out to be a great source of info thanks guys for all the replies. Oh did not want to quote but to the post about the Wrx mods well we have a few idiots that mod these cars and have not a clue. Some guys throw on a bov which besides the noise hurts performance, causing rough idle and running rich on shifts. As far as big fmic's well without a big turbo all your going to get is pressure drop and with higher boost a bit more detonation resistance, less heat soak. Basically it's impossible to really guage by looks what people really have and most of the younger guys are into show or . The Sti owners tend to be older guys, even family men or seniors who like the heritage and really get into the meat of modding. Thanks for the welcome!
Old 04-08-2006, 08:44 PM

02 C32R
OH, I forgot to mention that I had an 02 WRX that I had modded out with about 7k worth of stuff. I can say that it was the best handleing car I have ever been in! I had done every suspension mod possible to that thing it I could take corners at like 40mph, it was soooo cool. To this day it is the one car I regret getting rid of, and like most everyone here I have had some kickass cars (oh and a truck, Lightning to be exact)... So I know a little bit about the WRX (and STI)... I was actually about to drop the hammer on Evo since I wanted a 4 door sports car, but I bought the Merc C32 instead since I wanted a little more "sophisticated" car than just another "boy racer" car (and I dont mean that in a derogatory way either, since I had the WRX just over 2 years ago), just wanted something different.... Good luck on the build up of the STI
Old 04-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Almost a Member!

OH, I forgot to mention that I had an 02 WRX that I had modded out with about 7k worth of stuff. I can say that it was the best handleing car I have ever been in! I had done every suspension mod possible to that thing it I could take corners at like 40mph, it was soooo cool. To this day it is the one car I regret getting rid of, and like most everyone here I have had some kickass cars (oh and a truck, Lightning to be exact)... So I know a little bit about the WRX (and STI)... I was actually about to drop the hammer on Evo since I wanted a 4 door sports car, but I bought the Merc C32 instead since I wanted a little more "sophisticated" car than just another "boy racer" car (and I dont mean that in a derogatory way either, since I had the WRX just over 2 years ago), just wanted something different.... Good luck on the build up of the STI
I agree it is very boy racer looking to the public at large, I am considering losing the wing. But I have other cars so it's not a big deal.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The Legacy Spec B is good option to stay away from the "boy racer" image.

same base 2.5 T detuned...

therefore the base is really good to start. However its a bit heavier but it looks more upscale and alot more of a "sleeper.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Wow this has turned out to be a great source of info thanks guys for all the replies. Oh did not want to quote but to the post about the Wrx mods well we have a few idiots that mod these cars and have not a clue. Some guys throw on a bov which besides the noise hurts performance, causing rough idle and running rich on shifts. As far as big fmic's well without a big turbo all your going to get is pressure drop and with higher boost a bit more detonation resistance, less heat soak. Basically it's impossible to really guage by looks what people really have and most of the younger guys are into show or . The Sti owners tend to be older guys, even family men or seniors who like the heritage and really get into the meat of modding. Thanks for the welcome!
the owner of the wrx was at least 40yrs old, and when u spend that much $ on car, usually u do it right.

BTW,
im considering getting an EVO when my lease is up in Oct., with no wing, its too

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLK55 v. S2000t v. WRX moded (lots) & clk55 v. s4; long