Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

Tis truly a sad day for the ML320, got beaten by a Ricer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2002, 01:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 BMW 540iT, 2019 BMW X3m40i, 2001 BMW 325i, 1999 C230K Sport
Tis truly a sad day for the ML320, got beaten by a Ricer

Tis a truly sad day for my ML320...was on my way to Oakland and this ricerocket weaved in and out of traffic behind me and finally he got right behind me, he was tailgating like crazy so when he switched lanes, i gunned it, but it was too late, he blew pass me like there was no tomorrow. I sped up and eventually catch to him so that we are neck to neck, but then he switches lanes again...and again...and again...until he is on the far right side...i play tag and follow but he starts doing extremely dangerous manuevors weaving in and out lanes within close proximity to other cars until i just gave up and let him have the win. It was 96 Accord V-6, with a fart can exhaust and lots of stickers. Apparenty this guy was ALL SHOW, thrown in with LOTS of GO. dammmmitttt!!!
Old 08-11-2002, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'02 C230K Coupe
I remember when I had my ML320 I got rocked by Honda Odyssey once. Their V-Tec engines allow them to do some pretty wild stuff. Although this was on a half-uphill half-downhill segment, he kept up with me on the uphill half and then just blasted by me on the downhill portion, even though I was keeping the gas near kickdown mode.
Old 08-11-2002, 05:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Sorry to hear that, if it is any consolation both of you have V6s, but you have a bigger, heavier, nicer ride.
Old 08-12-2002, 01:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32 AMG
A LOT heavier! Like twice as heavy or so!

Like, heavy, man

I'm sorry, the ML320 just is not a rocket.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:24 PM

2006 E500 4matic Wagon
I always keep in mind what my ride was made to do.

In NYC, when I drive my Land Rover, I always get ricers who gun it off the line at the lights on 12th ave/West Side Highway. They always make like they want to race too, which is obviously a joke. What, do they see the V8 badge on the back of the truck?! I mean, come on. My truck could tow three ricers and a boat. And, in winter, nothing stops it. Ditto for your ML, I suppose.

I got totally smoked the other day in my Benz by a Grand National, off the line. At first, I didn't realize what had just totally smoked me, since I thought it was a run-of-the-mill American car. He didn't like being smoked on Rte. 78 at a buck. Dude even followed me off my exit and that freaked me out a bit...
Old 08-14-2002, 12:33 AM
Banned

Smart Car
Re: Tis truly a sad day for the ML320, got beaten by a Ricer

Originally posted by Goldeni245
Tis a truly sad day for my ML320...was on my way to Oakland and this ricerocket weaved in and out of traffic behind me and finally he got right behind me, he was tailgating like crazy so when he switched lanes, i gunned it, but it was too late, he blew pass me like there was no tomorrow. I sped up and eventually catch to him so that we are neck to neck, but then he switches lanes again...and again...and again...until he is on the far right side...i play tag and follow but he starts doing extremely dangerous manuevors weaving in and out lanes within close proximity to other cars until i just gave up and let him have the win. It was 96 Accord V-6, with a fart can exhaust and lots of stickers. Apparenty this guy was ALL SHOW, thrown in with LOTS of GO. dammmmitttt!!!

The only SAD thing about your encounter with rice is how the ***** was "weaving" in and out of lanes.
Weaving rice is very sad-the rest is funny.
Old 08-14-2002, 02:01 AM

Mercedes-Benz c230 kompressor
ML 320 vs. 4runner

1st Match: ML 320 vs. 4Runner (w/ Noz system)

By the looks of the title, some of you probably already think i already lose the race, but guess again.

It was raining that night and me and my friend decided to race. The first few minutes were okay we were above the speed limit by about 30km or so. I was leading of course. i was taking advantage of the esp system which the 4 runner didn't have. then after a bit he used his NOZ and BOOM!!! he was speeding fast. like about 80 km over the speed limit. Then he encountered a red light which he immidiately step on the brakes to stop. i continued traveling about 120 km/h and suddenly made a sharp right turn to avoid the red light which my friend safetly stop. i continued driving fast and avoiding red traffic lights. Made a few short cuts and before you know it, i was leading a by a mile or so. i was already at his house b4 he came which was about 10 minutes. Thank god for ESP and all-wheel drive system and of course the red light hahahaha.

He was surprise that i won, ESP help me a lot during sharp turns and awkward monouvers. My friend thought Speed would be the way to go of beating racers ahhahahaha loser.. , but it was a great experience.

-6th

Last edited by BOY-6; 08-14-2002 at 02:04 AM.
Old 08-14-2002, 02:11 AM

ML 320 vs. WRX

2nd Match: ML 320 vs. WRX

This race was just totally screwed , the Subaru had been totally modified from engines to wheels, suspension and exhaust pipe. i wouldn't be surprise if the computer chips was mod. as well.

This happen a few days ago, it was late at night. I was heading home till i encountered "IT" in a stop sign. He was reving his engine showing his Power and his car. i was just laughing not because of him but of his car. , he probably spent so much money mod. his car he could've gotten a nicer car or even a german car.

So i just decided to race with him when the green light hit ZOOM i was totaly smoked, no doubt. WRX= awd system, sports suspension, exhaust pipe, he had all the works . about 10 sec. after the race he was far from where i was. DAMN i wish i had an ML 55....the ending of this story would've been different..

Last edited by BOY-6; 08-14-2002 at 02:14 AM.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Re: ML 320 vs. WRX

Originally posted by BOY-6
DAMN i wish i had an ML 55....the ending of this story would've been different..
Yeah, he would be far past you about 15 seconds into the race instead.

With an ML320, why even bother racing at all? What's the point?

Maybe I'm retarded, but a modded WRX sounds like a nice car to me. Different cars for different purposes...
Old 08-14-2002, 02:38 PM

'02 C230K Coupe
Re: Re: ML 320 vs. WRX

Originally posted by tommy
Maybe I'm retarded, but a modded WRX sounds like a nice car to me. Different cars for different purposes...
The only way I'll accept a modded WRX is if it looks and performs like the WRC version (drifts and all).
Old 08-14-2002, 07:33 PM

I think spending more than $50 cdn. in a japanese car isn't worth it, maybe we all prefer different things. i grew in a family who like german cars and i think that's why im not really a big MOD. cars that much unless there's an "M", AMG or other similar performance cars.

WRX is a nice car as it is. but putting systems dat cost a lot of $$$ that i dont' think it's worth it. i would just rather used that money and buy a C-class, A4, BMW 3-series, and etc.

-6th
Old 08-18-2002, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320

This race was just totally screwed , the Subaru had been totally modified from engines to wheels, suspension and exhaust pipe. i wouldn't be surprise if the computer chips was mod. as well.
I dont get it......Even if he was bone stocked, he woulda smoked you.
Old 08-18-2002, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320

WRX= awd system, sports suspension, exhaust pipe, he had all the works . about 10 sec. after the race he was far from where i was.
OH...and dont forget the TURBO.
Old 08-18-2002, 09:26 PM
Almost a Member!

C230
Thumbs down Re: ML 320 vs. WRX

What in the world are you guys racing a WRX with a ML320??? Get a life!!! Please put your egos aside, refrain from unsafe immature weaving in and out of traffic driving. Its not excellent driving skill because everyone is stationary at the speed limit and you find little cracks and holes to weave in and out which is already unsafe. All you need is someone to tap your bumper and you get what the NASCAR race cars does best: hit a wall. Let these rice burning losers go, your MB is worth a lot more to repair than that rice burner.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G63, AMG GT S

Originally posted by C230AMG
What in the world are you guys racing a WRX with a ML320??? Get a life!!! Please put your egos aside, refrain from unsafe immature weaving in and out of traffic driving. Its not excellent driving skill because everyone is stationary at the speed limit and you find little cracks and holes to weave in and out which is already unsafe. All you need is someone to tap your bumper and you get what the NASCAR race cars does best: hit a wall. Let these rice burning losers go, your MB is worth a lot more to repair than that rice burner.

Agreed. The ML is a smashed up mini-van. It was not meant to be raced. Stop racing SUVs. It's not safe for you and the people around you!
Old 08-22-2002, 11:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Re: Re: Re: ML 320 vs. WRX

Originally posted by Toog4me
...Stop racing SUVs. It's not safe for you and the people around you!
but it is fun
Old 08-22-2002, 11:52 PM

Me,too.

ML320 is not a car to race !
On our way to the riverside park for pics last Saturday
a friend's Hyndai 1.1 L (Atos) took the lead, we're all following this little toy at 40 mph.
an ML320 cut-in and seem unwillingly to let the toy overtook it.
Hardly had the Atos overtook it and step aside......he knew
"WE" are right behind him and saw the rude ML320.

Within few seconds, SL55AMG , C32AMG, CLK500 ,
Kleemann C32K passed the ML320 like he was standstill
from the rear view mirror, I found ML pull over.........
Old 09-10-2002, 10:16 AM

'02 WRX

Originally posted by JoReL
I dont get it......Even if he was bone stock, he woulda smoked you.
:p

Sometimes it's fun to race faster cars though.
Old 09-11-2002, 03:28 AM

Talking reply to all

To JoReL - i know wrx are fast cars, but i have beaten a lot faster cars with ML. so don't under estimate the car. and the driver. some drivers can only drive straight some are good at monouvers.

To C230AMG - Hey i know racing is dangerous, and driving everyday to work can also be dangerous. Most accidents happen during day time compared to night time. PLUS, ego wasn't the real issue. here.it was mostly curiousity played more in this case. I wonder how fast this car would go. Racing is dangerous i admit dat, but if u know wat u r doing and been doing it for years and years. dat makes u more experience of handling a vehicle more. I know my car worth more dan rice cars, but hey sometimes racing and living ur life a little can be fun. sometimes FUN=DANGER dats how life goes in some cases. but i consider ur opinion to be very direct. not all ppl would agree to that.

Toog4me- hmmm, ML might look like a "SMASHED UP" minivan, but hey it's still a mercedes-benz am i correct. it's still has value and prestige to it. Most suv's aren't meant for racing either taking off road, but why do ppl buy it? have u ever wondered about dat??? ppl buy it' for the style and image. Y do ppl buy M5's AMG cars. heck dey don't race it, but why do they still buy it if der not gonna taste it's potential they u would just be throwing money. this days suv's are capable of high speeds ex. bmw just came out a X5 4.6is dat could compete cars like M5! and such. so ppl today not only buy cars for driving but for there enjoyment.

pocholin- U ROCK buddy. couldn't agree more!

Shine - Cars were meant for transportation, but nowadays it's meant for something else ..enough said.

wrxlvr- U ROCK buddy #2 hahaha, enjoy life
Old 09-12-2002, 01:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
Interesting how you think the ML can hang with a WRX. And since when can an X5 hang with an M5?

And when you say driving to work is dangerous, that is because people like you and me and many other people on the freeway drive crazy and race. If everyone stayed at the speed limit, and kept the right following distance, there would not be nearly as much accidents as there are.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
And when you say driving to work is dangerous, that is because people like you and me and many other people on the freeway drive crazy and race. If everyone stayed at the speed limit, and kept the right following distance, there would not be nearly as much accidents as there are.
It is not necesarily people who speed who cause accidents, it is people with poor driving skills, tired, upset, daydreamers and drunks who cause the most accidents and then you have the speed racers. I've had 3 accidents in my life, the first one I was speeding and the other driver admited changing lanes with out watching, the second I wasn't speeding a tire (with wheel) from nowhere hit me and messed my camaro pretty bad, the third one I wasn't speeding either just holding my speed at 55 mph, an 18 wheeler driver fell aslept for 30 seconds and almost destroyed my Grand Marquis, worst of all those last two times I was driving with my mom, needless to say now she is afraid of riding with me because of that, and she is my witness that I wasn't speeding or being negligent on those two last accidents.
Old 09-12-2002, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G63, AMG GT S
If you are driving 65, the severity of your accident will not be as bad as if you are going 80. IN fact, you might even be able to stop faster if your going 65. So SPEEDING is a key factor. If you see a driver driving into you and your doing 80, youll get hit much worse than if you were going 65.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
If you are driving 65, the severity of your accident will not be as bad as if you are going 80. IN fact, you might even be able to stop faster if your going 65. So SPEEDING is a key factor. If you see a driver driving into you and your doing 80, youll get hit much worse than if you were going 65.
Granted, speed is a factor on the severity of accidents.
Old 09-13-2002, 05:54 AM

Cool reply

Toog4me - accidents do happen. no one can prevent it. even the most careful drivers in the world gets into this kind of situations. so u can't really blame or point fingers at fast drivers. I'm pretty sure u have driver over the speed limit. But why??? everyone has there own reasons to drive fast. ur business is ur business. if u get into an accident your problem not others.
5 vs. X5 4.6is. i guess u haven't seen the top of the line model of the x5. tsk tsk too bad. ur missing a lot. 20 inch mags. 4.6 liter engine that produced over 300 hp. and it's manouvers better dan an m5. i'm not saying it could beat an M5 but it surely can compete with an m5.

i can debate on and on about speeding and so fort. but the subject of this forum is about a race. not a lesson on driving .. so do want u want to do. enough said.
Old 09-13-2002, 05:58 AM

accidents happen. it doesn't matter where u from? this things just happen. it's a part of life. even a good driver can still get into accident. i'm not saying i'm a good driver and all. Hey i'm not perfect, no ones perfect . we can go on and on about this debate and at the end no one would really care. So theres really no point of pointing fingers at ppl driving skills and the Subject of this forum was racing...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tis truly a sad day for the ML320, got beaten by a Ricer